Favorite moments and things

Started by Roguethe, January 12, 2009, 02:27:48 AM

Roguethe

I think we can all agree on one thing;
We love Fanime! But sometimes it's not even the Dealers room, artist alley, or anything that requires spending money in the convention that we get excited for the most.
So, what are your favorite free things about Fanime?

While it costs money to make an outfit, the looks you get are free. I love the expressions of general Down Towners as we flood the streets. And ladies screaming from there soccer mom cars that you look all pretty or cool xD

Seeing my favorite Anime/game characters done well is a treat too.

So what about you?

(Sorry if a thread like this already exists.)

I draw sometimessss

Steve.Young

I love working my ass off for Fanime every year. I'm a workaholic when it is something I enjoy doing.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jebus

for me its just the random things that happen at the convention. theres always something great and random that just wouldnt happen somewhere else. cosplayer jesus outside in front of the protestors comes to mind. i never really have much money to buy anything, and i havent really had much of a chance at cosplaying until this year but its always a great place to hang out and get some fun people together and have some laughs at the expense of those who fail among other things

Roguethe

lol, Jesus over the crazy Christians and the V's rick rolling them was worth the admission to Fanime alone xD

I draw sometimessss

Barnes

Quote from: Rogue-Ayanami on January 12, 2009, 03:40:41 PM
lol, Jesus over the crazy Christians

That moment made me proud to be an American  8)

QuoteSo, what are your favorite free things about Fanime?

Sitting down and watching things happen all around me. Fanime's atmosphere always brings a smile to my face.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

shinjiboy

A few things come to mind, many already listed by people.

Having your character called from across the Con by a stranger you don't even know. 
Being surrounded by your hobby and people who love it equally as much
Asian cinema.  I srsly cannot get enough of it (dark room, big screen, loud sound) ooh yar
Walking around with your merchandise (feeling good about owning that awesome thing)

and because that it happens only once a year (I'm not really a multiple con going),
it makes it even more unique and fascinating time.

Long

The joys of MusicFest. The only reason I come anymore. Pumping your fists to music that gets your blood boiling with your best friends, and of course, I ALWAYS catch a souvenir that the artists throw out. ;3

kaethus

Favorite thing ever at FanimeCon was when my friends and I cosplayed the triforce and people would stop and bow to us in the middle of just walking around. Truly an experience I will never forget.

...Also attending the yaoi events... those are always special. :D
Fanime Attendee 2004 - 2007
Newsletter Staff 2008
Head of Content 2009 - 2010

otaku_duckie

My favorite thing that happened last year happened in the fairmont hotel elevator. A Great seiyaman cosplayer, me, 3 of my friends and some businessman (who looked scared, it was frickin funny!) were all in the elevator and it was silent then out of nowhere seiyaman sigh and said he was horny. It was so funny!!! That poor business man... Ah so much fun. Seiyaman you were great last year.
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

Runewitt

The Ramada Rick Roll. 2008

Monty Python and the Quest for the Egg and the Coffee Grail. 2007.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

BrightHeart76

It's hard to pick a favorite.  Fanime is one of the few times all year that I really relax and enjoy the entire weekend. 

What comes to mind first is the things you find during the con's more quiet times (Friday morning or Monday usually).  Little gems of behavior or fun that you won't find on the busier days. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I had lots of fun wondering around. i got to say that was my Favorite thing. Of course, last year I went to very few events, which I plan to change this year!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Yukari Kaiba

probably one of my all time favorite free thing to do at Fanime 08 was running the Bleach gathering - lots of really awesome and friendly people, made plenty of new friends, and everyone got a kick out of the STFU megaphone I was using XD I put a lot of effort into making sure everything runs smoothly, so its really rewarding to see people enjoying themselves with something you put together.
That and its fun hanging out with people who are as into a series as you are XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Knightfire

Gaming with fellow video gamers outside of my circle of friends. That and admiring the cosplay. And the shopping High in the dealers room/ Swap Meet.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

narutofan17

I think for me it was when Jesus walked into the Hentai room. That just doesn't happen everyday and that's something that you will never forget XD. Also I would say Smashing in the game room was coo too (except for random guy yelling...waaaaay too into the game XD)
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

chanocular

Similar to what BrightHeart76 said...

Fanime is pretty much my three day vacation that I look foward to every year. I say three days because I only stay for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.   ;D It is also the only times I can relax since I am away from work, away from home. I am a workaholic like a few of my co-workers tell me, so it is very rare that I stray too far away from it. So like I said, Fanime is my vacation out of the year.

Wow...I can't wait for this year's Fanime.  :o

jemz

My favorite moments has always been with the fantastic staff I work with. Lots of laughter and fun and insane moments happen when we're all striving to make the convention the best it can be. And who in ConOps can ever forget that year when the Totoros went wild with a gundam.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

ewu

did someone......kidnap....TOTORO?!?!?!?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

As illustrated by the posts above me, my favorite thing about Fanime is the inside jokes. Something special you can share with the ones you were with when it happened, and no one else will ever understand.

Also, knowing that for maybe once in your life, you are not the biggest nerd/dork for 5 square miles.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom