Couple gets married at taco bell

Started by JTchinoy, January 13, 2009, 03:30:41 PM

JTchinoy

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2009/01/10/news/doc49681e80735c5391961609.txt

NORMAL -- Paul and Caragh Brooks wanted an off-beat wedding and they got one Friday evening — at Taco Bell.

Caragh Brooks, dressed in a $15, hot pink dress, said her vows with Paul Brooks, who wore a lavender shirt and purple and magenta tie in honor of Taco Bell's colors, in the dining area of the fast-food eatery at 1527 E. College Ave., Normal.

buahahhahahaahha.  I give them props for originality.  My wedding, however, won't be so unorthodox.  :P  Read entire article in link.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mister_E

I would of done that at a Subway if I were them.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

SOawesomeness

o.0 They knew each other for A YEAR?

=.=
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Roguethe

Damn, and I thought my Dad was being cheap for his suggestion to get married to his girl friend at a Las Vegas drive-thru Chapel xDD

I draw sometimessss

Gatsby

Makes me feel better about wanting to have a Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic themed wedding. :D

Steve.Young

My impression when I first read this article as I was looking around Yahoo was like "Taco Bell? Really..."
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on January 13, 2009, 04:38:12 PM
Makes me feel better about wanting to have a Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic themed wedding. :D

You better invite me

PyronIkari

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 13, 2009, 07:42:54 PM
Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on January 13, 2009, 04:18:08 PM

=.=

What's so wrong about that?
Better a year than most people who get married after only a month, then divorce three months later.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: otakuapprentice on January 13, 2009, 08:01:44 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on January 13, 2009, 07:42:54 PM
Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on January 13, 2009, 04:18:08 PM

=.=

What's so wrong about that?
Better a year than most people who get married after only a month, then divorce three months later.

My aunt and uncle knew each other for two months and have been happily married for 15 years. Another one of my uncles got married after he knew my aunt for two weeks and they've been married for 30 years now.

Knightfire

Starting work for Fanime 2011

SOawesomeness

Ahrr dannoo~ I just don't like the idea of knowing your spouse for less than what you've known your most of friends for. o:
All the marriages I've known that were of knowing their spouse for a year is... uh... abysmal.

But yeah, I guess if they're happy. o:!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Gatsby

Quote from: JohnnyAR on January 13, 2009, 06:47:38 PM

You better invite me

Only if you dress as either a Republic soldier, Sith soldier, Jedi, or Sith.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on January 13, 2009, 09:33:46 PM
Ahrr dannoo~ I just don't like the idea of knowing your spouse for less than what you've known your most of friends for. o:
All the marriages I've known that were of knowing their spouse for a year is... uh... abysmal.

But yeah, I guess if they're happy. o:!

... uhm... Do you realize the logical fallacy in what you just said. By your reasoning, you would have to marry your friend, because it would be impossible to know someone longer than you already know your friends.

Any person you meet at this point in time, you will have known for less time than you know the friends you already have.

Anyways. A year is a good amount of time to learn the basics of how someone works. You don't know everything about them, but 1 or 30 years, and you still won't.

Frankly, if it ends horribly, then it ends horribly, but if that's what they want, regardless if you think it's stupid or not, it's what they want. In this situation, you know nothing about this couple, so your comment is rather narrow-minded. It's not as if you know the couple and know that they're jumping into something they shouldn't.

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration

codex biblio

I don't think the venue is that big of a deal. They chose "Taco Bell, where they enjoy hanging out." So, that means they're probably comfortable there and actually like the food. That actually makes more sense to me than some weddings I've been to where no one is comfortable and the overpriced food is more about image than taste.

Truthfully, the wedding ceremony is not as important as the marriage/relationship itself. As long as that's solid, does it matter what the venue is?

JTchinoy

Importing my food from the Philippines when i get married  ;D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on January 13, 2009, 09:39:11 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on January 13, 2009, 06:47:38 PM

You better invite me

Only if you dress as either a Republic soldier, Sith soldier, Jedi, or Sith.

Lol, sweet, ok then.

Queenie

That is ghetto. :/

My dream wedding was to get married at an anime convention but since it almost happened now the dream is dead.