Question for fanime booking/reservations

Started by setsunamish, January 14, 2009, 12:50:49 AM

setsunamish

if i book now, does it mean i have to actually pay now?  ???
sorry to sound lame. it's going to be my first year.
anyways. i'm trying to book at the marriot for the full weekend and not sure if i have to pay now
once i submit my request.

FanFicGuru

No, you do not have to pay now. That's the beauty of it!

You simply put down a valid credit or debit card when you make your reservation, and you have all the way up until the week before Fanime to cancel your room without any fee or charge being assessed. Just make sure to bring the card you held the room with when you go to check in.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

OtakuMessiah

Yeah same here. I'm trying to find a way to pay (Or just reserved) for a hotel right now but do know what number to call or anything. If anyone call help me then please contact me when you get the answers.
"The only thing worst than being blind, is being the only one that can see..."

ewu

as listed on the housing webpage:

CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER CARE CENTER:
Monday - Friday, 6am - 6pm (Pacific Time)
(800) 924-4232 (US & Canada)
(415) 979-2282 (International)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

OtakuMessiah

Quote from: ewu on January 18, 2009, 02:37:20 PM
as listed on the housing webpage:

CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER CARE CENTER:
Monday - Friday, 6am - 6pm (Pacific Time)
(800) 924-4232 (US & Canada)
(415) 979-2282 (International)
Thanks dude for the help.
"The only thing worst than being blind, is being the only one that can see..."

PoisonFish

Just to reconfirm (as I'll sound totally odd here), but if I booked through fanime housing, I just bring in all the necessary information to the hotel I booked at (though it was through fanime housing)?

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: PoisonFish on May 17, 2009, 02:17:49 PM
Just to reconfirm (as I'll sound totally odd here), but if I booked through fanime housing, I just bring in all the necessary information to the hotel I booked at (though it was through fanime housing)?
Your hotel of choice should have your booking information on hand. All you should need is yourself, ID, and however you plan on paying for your stay. If you're worried about it, you can always give your hotel a call and confirm that everything is in place.

PoisonFish

Excellent, I'm glad my worries were misplaced. Thank you.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: PoisonFish on May 18, 2009, 06:25:41 PM
Excellent, I'm glad my worries were misplaced. Thank you.
Not a problem. I get paranoid around this time every year and call my hotel just in case. Every year the hotel has my information.

Knightfire

Might as well ask here than start another thread while we're at it. Who needs to be there at check in: my entire staying party, or just myself, the person who booked the room?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Knightfire on May 18, 2009, 08:50:29 PM
Might as well ask here than start another thread while we're at it. Who needs to be there at check in: my entire staying party, or just myself, the person who booked the room?
Just yourself. I always start the check in process while the rest of my group starts unloading the car.

Knightfire

Sweet. No need for them to be there waiting for me.

Thanks.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Kender

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 17, 2009, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: PoisonFish on May 17, 2009, 02:17:49 PM
Your hotel of choice should have your booking information on hand. All you should need is yourself, ID, and however you plan on paying for your stay. If you're worried about it, you can always give your hotel a call and confirm that everything is in place.

Also, unless they've changed it, you will need the card you used to reserve the room with.  You are not required to pay with this card, however.  I just always put it on the card I intend to pay with, though.  So much easier.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."