Winter Season 2008-2009

Started by mDuo13, January 14, 2009, 09:54:46 AM

mDuo13

So it's that time again.
List of shows airing this season.

I've been planning on checking out most everything except sequels I haven't caught up with yet (like Minami-ke, Major, and Marimite) and stuff that looks hardly anime, like Gingerman.

Thus far, I've seen:
Akikan - A melon soda can turns into a girl. Spectacular.

Asu no Yoichi - Samurai-in-training gets sent to the city to learn at a dojo with 4 girls. Generic as hell.

Koukaku no Regios - In a desert world, people fight giant bug things. Main character is forced to transfer to a school where they train special powers or something and join the "17th Battalion". Not sure what to think yet.

White Album - A kinda depressed guy is dating an up-and-coming idol. Oddly-paced, but I like.

Maria-Holic - Girl goes to all-girls school to find her lover, accidentally falls in love with a bad-tempered crossdressing boy. Really funny in that bizarre SHAFT-y kind of way.

Ride Back - A former ballet star learns to drive a "Ride Back" which is like a robot motorcycle. Also, the world has been taken over by some organization. Pretty Madhouse, and also awesome.

Kemono no Souja Erin - A young girl has an affinity for huge lizard-beasts that are used as mounts in warfare. Kind of interestingly different.

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo - A girl living in a space colony meets a wacked-out Fukuyama Jun computer who is the only "living" thing left in a moving space colony. Reeks of "Stupid Sunrise Moe".

Some things I'm planning on checking out but haven't started yet:
Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai aka Munto TV - The new KyoAni series.
Slayers Evolution-R - Continuation of Slayers Revolution
Hetalia Axis Powers - A show where kids represent WWII Axis countries.

Chun

Just watched Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou. (Up to 2)

Hella quality. This is definitely going to be a season top. Great OP and ED track too.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Sunara Ishi

I am watching/planning to watch:
Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo
Asu no Yoichi
Maria Holic
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
Kurokami
Kemono no Souja Erin
Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai
Slayers Evolution-R
Hetalia Axis Powers

I'll check out:
White Album
Rideback
Koukaku no Regios
Viper's Creed
Genji Monogatari Sennenki

I've already watched the first three (Sora Kake Girl, Asu no Yoichi, and Mara Holic) and I rather like all three so far. I've already dropped Akikan. >.>;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

AngieDesu

Ohoho. I was waiting for a winter season thread to pop up. 8D

Watching:
Zoku Natsume Yuujin Chou
Birdy the mighty decode : 02
Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th season
Ride back
White Album
Maria†Holic (Shaft goodness.)
Akikan!
Kurokami
Minami-ke Okaeri
Hetalia Axis Powers
Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo

RyuHayabusa

I'm watching from this season:

Maria+Holic
Asu no Yoichi
Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th season
Minami-Ke Okaeri

Might watch:

Shikabane Hime Kuro. Need to get 1st season batch 1st -_-;;;
Slayers Revolution R

That's it.

Other shows, don't look interesting to me.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Mister_E

I'm going to watch Birdy the Mighty Decode:02 and going to
give Akikan a whirl and maybe Kouhaku no Regios it sounds a lot like Blue Gender.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

lyricaldanichan

Maria-Holic  hasn't disappoint yet tho the OP song is kinda annoying. I think if it was replaced by Womanizer by Britney Spears it would be much more enjoyable.

White Album sounds interesting, is that out yet ?

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on January 19, 2009, 11:10:36 PM
Maria-Holic  hasn't disappoint yet tho the OP song is kinda annoying. I think if it was replaced by Womanizer by Britney Spears it would be much more enjoyable.

White Album sounds interesting, is that out yet ?

yeah it's out. 2 episodes so far. dunno if I should watch it or not lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Jun-Watarase

Season isn't greatly impressive, but the few series that are well-received are pretty awesome, and the ones that are bad are reaaaaally bad.

Currently following Maria+Holic, Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou, ToraDora, White Album, Rideback, and Ippo. The last three come with a nostalgic feeling, watching, but somehow feel refreshingly modern. Need to pick up Munto TV, might check out Kurokami, Shikabane Hime Aka, and Genji Monogatari. Dropped Marimite, Akikan, and Minami-ke.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

shinjiboy

mDuo13

I keep falling behind on Winter season stuff because so many Fall season shows I was watching are continuing!

mDuo13

Is anyone else still following Kemono no Souja Erin? I'm finding it quite good (and refreshingly different).

Also enjoying RideBack, Zoku Natsume, Akikan, and various other things.

JohnnyAR