Arena Hotel?

Started by Moonblossom, January 15, 2009, 09:24:32 AM

Moonblossom

I've booked at the Arena Hotel for a number of reasons (price, privacy, smoking allowance, huge fuckoff jacuzzi in each room, free dinner, etc) and I'm just wondering if anyone's ever stayed there? It looks a bit cheesetastic decor-wise but clean and well-maintained. It's about a mile away, but I'm fine with walking, so that's not really an issue. I was just hoping someone might know something about it. Anyone got any input?

Avairrianna

I'll most likely be booking there too with about 6 of my friends but I've never stayed there before... hopefully we'll see you there and maybe plan walks or something lol! ^^

But yeah freakin' sweet sounding though! Jacuzzi, free parking, internet, and food!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Moonblossom

Cool! Good to know we won't be the only Fanime-ers there :D

I've called the front desk like three times to change my reservation already, they're super nice. The only thing that makes me sad is the smoking rooms don't have the stovetops (only fridge and microwave), and the TVs don't have inputs. So no games or movies aside from what's already there. But we'll have laptops so we can use those!

I didn't know about the free parking, but we're flying (I'm coming in from eastern Canada, wtf, and my friend's in Colorado) so it's not like we have a car to worry about anyways ;P

Avairrianna

I'm so excited about this hotel! Even though we'll probably be walking back and forth from the hotel and con (and I'm a fat chick in heels all the time....*sigh*) but we definitely need to find each other and attack/glomp! lolz
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Moonblossom

Meeting up would be cool, but I'm not so good with the attack/glomp bit. I'm not fond of people I've just met in my personal space, and I'm mildly disabled so jumping on me is never a good idea ;P

However, it's looking more and more like I might have to scrap my plans entirely with the economy falling apart the way it is.. :(

TC X0 Lt 0X

I was planning to get a room there originally, but the Ramada Limited was both closer and cheaper. And with me and my friends laziness it was the best choice. Sure we usually walk a mile to his house each week day from school, but we are also tired and sweaty after wards. And the room is in the middle of downtown so there are plenty of options for food. on the way to Con.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Avairrianna

No Moonblossom! I don't want you to miss Fanime! T_T
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Moonblossom

Unforunately, I will not be making it out there this year. I've already called and cancelled the room :(

Avairrianna

Nooo!!!! T_T This sucks... I was looking forward to meeting j00!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Moonblossom

Me too, but there's just no way it was working out. My budget is shot, and my best friend couldn't get time off work.

Maybe next year! I hope you'll post pics and how your experience at the hotel was.

Avairrianna

Of course! I'll take pictures before I'll let anyone else in there for you!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe