Bay Area Musicians

Started by Jangular, January 15, 2009, 09:52:16 AM

Jangular

I've been toying with the idea of possibly putting together or looking for a j-rock/pop esque band, I figured that this would be the place to look, where all the other anime fans are in the bay area, so most likely the highest concentration of j-rock fans.

I think the possibility of having an american band in the bay area that plays the type of music we all like could be fun and great for people who want to go to a j-rock show but can't go all the way to Japan or wait for a once a year show like Fanime.

Anyways, I've played bass for years, been in several bands, gone through the recording process for demos, and I understand what it's like to write songs from scratch, if you've got similar experience or desire to play a style of music that's not heard around here much, either reply here or send me a message.

as well, if anyone knows of another forum that has the same high amount of usage for bay area cosplayers or anime fans and can put a link up, it would be greatly appreciated :D
Okage-Sama De~ Productions :D

www.youtube.com/user/OkageSamaDePro
www.okage-sama-de.devianart.com
www.myspace.com/okagesamdepro

zoupzuop2

I can't quite jump on right off the bat, but this does have my interest. I play keytar and sing, and also write my own stuff (www.myspace.com/travisodyssey). Depending on how the Spring semester is in terms of money and school, I may hop in, with some material of my own. :3
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Jangular

no worries man, right now I'm just looking to see what the plausibility of it would be, and if there's a general interest, I'll definitely hop on your myspace and see how your stuff sounds

SOawesomeness

If this ends up being awesomely good and it works out, then shoot me a message and I might set up a show for ya guys. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Jangular

awesome, I'll definitely keep you updated :)