Full Metal Alchemist Gathering 2009!!!

Started by bahamutknightzero, January 15, 2009, 10:41:39 AM

bahamutknightzero

Hey all,

Since I haven't seen a topic for it yet, will there be a Full Metal Alchemist gathering for Fanime 2009?

If there will be one, think we can start setting it up with a list of who's going along with a location/day/time so we don't get stuck with some obscure time or something.

Thanks in advance

Preliminary Information

Time: 10:00 AM
Day: Saturday

***Relayed Information (PLEASE READ!!!! - from BSaphire; Taken from the Official Gathering List Topic)***
Quote: "Please advise your gathering that Fanime will be taking photos of the group and if they do not wish to be in them to step aside. If they stay then they are giving consent to be photographed."

Character/Cosplayer List

Edward Elric: Edward Elric (Anime version),  koi, ININ, kagaminerin02 (maybe)
Greed: Bahamutknightzero, Trumby (Possibly)
Envy: KuroOokami, Little Lenny
Wrath: leic-proxy (Anime version)
Winry: Punkbuster (Casual version), Rabid Potato (manga version)
Lust: Druix
Breda: otaking007
Roy Mustang: Evangelion Xgouki (maybe), FinalShadows
Misc: HeeroYuy135 (Soldier in black)
Armstrong: AnimeEmperor

EDIT: Thought I put up some preliminary information to get this ball rolling. If anyone would like to organize this gathering, please be my guest (Has bad memories trying to organize last year's Capcom/SNK gathering..........Ok I'm exaggerating a little, but either way organizing these kind of things are never easy).

EDIT (1/21/09): I might as well make it official and take the spot of TEMPORARY gathering organizer (until the person that usually runs this gathering or a similar person in such power can take the job from my hands so I don't have to stress out/panic over trying to organize a bunch of cosplayers for about half an hour at least).

Sora

Ohhhh, yeah. I'd love to. I'll be anime Ed.
"Don't give me any orders."

bahamutknightzero

Ok, we just need someone to organize the whole thing.

Trumby

If I end up coming down I'm sure I will be bringing my Greed.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

Charis

I promised my sister we'd finally do Hagaren this year, so if she gets off her butt and gets me the references for her stuff early enough that I don't go bonkers, she'll be Ed and I'll be Izumi.  I hope I can find the time to fit that sewing in ...

Of course, then comes the challenge of figuring out WHEN I'll be able to wear it.  Hehehe.  Sew first, figure that out later.  (Gods.  More white fabric.  It never ends!)

Hey, Trumby, you're a Sakuracon regular, right?  I think I recognise your name from those boards. :3
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

bahamutknightzero

See my 1st post for a preliminary information listing towards the gathering

bahamutknightzero

Title and 1st post updated to show that we won't forget about the vital information.

KuroOokami

I wasn't so sure I wanted to bring Envy to Fanime this year or not, but now I think I will!

So you got yourself an Envy. 8D I'll drag my koi who is going to be Edward along with me, too.

Also, if your still looking for people to help coordinate this, I'll be happy to lend a voice for you. I've ran FMA groups in the past, so I'd be more then glad to help!

=)

bahamutknightzero

Much thanks KuroOokami, having people help out makes things so much better and somewhat enjoyable. I'll add both of ya to the list

BSaphire

bahamutknightzero:

I would like to see you head this gathering up. I know that it can be a little crazy when it comes to con, but cospeeps are pretty forgiving/understanding if it doesn't work perfectly and what a great group of people to improvise if need be ^^) Cosplayers.... LOVE EM! :P

If you decide to do this please read the first post of the Official Gatherings thread. There is some new info there. If someone else is going to head up this gathering then they should read that first post.

Hugs to all
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

bahamutknightzero

Decided to read the post and decided to head up the gathering. I was skeptical first due to my prior job with a gathering last year, but what the hell.....

Sora

Nooo!I might not be able to go to this because I have Naruto gathering to attend at the exact same time...:( Can time of this gathering get changed?
"Don't give me any orders."

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: Edward Elric on January 30, 2009, 02:20:46 PM
Nooo!I might not be able to go to this because I have Naruto gathering to attend at the exact same time...:( Can time of this gathering get changed?

HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!

Did you read the time correctly? The FMA gathering would be held at 10:00 AM, the Naruto gathering is being held at 1:00 PM.

Or is there another Naruto gathering being held at 10:00 AM that I don't know about?

Charis

I think Hagaren got put on the timetable wrong -- the only time I've seen discussed here was ten-ish, not the one o'clock time it's listed under on the gatherings thread (it's possible B misread).

Personally, I'd like to see something around eleven -- mostly because it'll probably take me an hour to braid my hair for Izumi, and my sister will gripe if I make her help that early, but also because lots of con people are not, in my experience, morning people.  That's just my two cents, though.
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: Charis on January 30, 2009, 02:26:01 PM
I think Hagaren got put on the timetable wrong -- the only time I've seen discussed here was ten-ish, not the one o'clock time it's listed under on the gatherings thread (it's possible B misread).

Personally, I'd like to see something around eleven -- mostly because it'll probably take me an hour to braid my hair for Izumi, and my sister will gripe if I make her help that early, but also because lots of con people are not, in my experience, morning people.  That's just my two cents, though.

I can understand that gripe.....

Which leads to a bit of a tiny situation.......

If the One Piece gathering is set to do their gathering on noon on that day, that would give me little time to change costumes from this gathering to their gathering. That is just me personally though.

In terms of the "morning people", you'd be surprised. We usually get a good amount of people to show up for the FMA gatherings at this time (based on the two times I went to the FMA gatherings that were held at 10AM [2006 and 2008, 2007 was a bit of an odd one due to it being held on Sunday and leading to TWO FMA gatherings being held]

Charis

I've become a morning person by necessity, thanks to work, but I tend to assume a lot of congoers aren't based on experience with my family.  If it's ten, then we'll manage. :D It's hard to figure alternate scheduling suggestions sometimes not knowing what conflicts people have.
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

bahamutknightzero

Yeah, being a morning person can be bad at times (waking up early to get ready to go to work), I know from experience. But it sometimes has it's advantages.

Well we're all willing to listen to what people have to say to see what views/thoughts/suggestions that they have in order to make things better or easier, so I appreciate that you voiced your opinion  :)

leic-proxy

I might go as wrath (anime) xD so add me as a possible. 
The winter that never leaves, the summer that never came. The hands of time can be at peace but not until the debt is paid.
cosplay 10!!!!!!
millennium earl- 100% done!
Jasdero-0%
sora Halloween ver.- 20%
azure kite- 20%
death the kid- 15%

bahamutknightzero

Cosplayers list updated along with a note regarding the time issue

Punkbuster

I'm definitely going as Winry. Casual style. WOOT. ;D