[Cosplay] Costumes that I have made

Started by Shawny, January 17, 2009, 01:35:02 PM

Shawny

I've been making costumes since about 2000-2001.  Here are 4 costumes that I've made:

1. Hikaru Shidou from Magic Knight Rayearth (Autozam version)

This was the third costume that I ever made.  It's made of 100% cotton broadcloth (which is a cheap and easy fabric to work with).  Since it was one of my earlier costumes, the seams aren't serged and there is a tiny bit of fraying.  (I didn't own a serger at the time.)  I also made a newbie seamstress mistake with the burgundy tanktop.  I didn't include any ease (for comfort), so the tanktop is super tight.  Oops?

More pictures and more costume/construction notes are on my website: here

2. Miaka Yuuki from Fushigi Yuugi (school uniform)

By the time I made this costume, I finally had a serger!  *cheers*  So I consider this my first well-made costume.  ^_^  The jacket and vest are fully lined.  And the seams on the skirt are serged!  The pattern for the pleated skirt took some trial and error.  I think I must have made 2 or 3 different pleated skirts (out of cheap fabric) before I was satisfied.

3. Hikaru Shidou from Magic Knight Rayearth (school uniform)

After making Miaka's school uniform, this one was a breeze to make.  The red jacket on this costume was modified from a suit jacket pattern.  And the skirt was exactly the same (except for the height of the waistband and the red ribbon trim).

4. Tenten from Naruto (pre-timeskip)

I have a confession to make.  I am a Narutard.  Naruto is probably my favorite anime/manga series of all time.  I have no idea why it is... it just is!  So I just had to cosplay from Naruto.  I picked Tenten because I think she's really cool.  It's too bad that she doesn't get much screen time in the anime/manga.  Of all the rookie kunoichi, I think she's the most accomplished.  Hmm... not too much else to say about this costume, as it's one of the easiest costumes I've ever made.

Costumes for SALE

I'm finally cleaning out my cosplay closet and selling all four of the costumes above.  They are all in excellent condition and only worn once or twice.  If you're interested, I have them listed on eBay.  The auctions end Wednesday morning (1/21/09).

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/dragonillusions_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Thanks for looking!

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Oh, how pretty... You are VEEEEERRRRYYY talented. Great job.

Jerry

unfortunately i dont have a female physic, otherwise i would be definately interested.

Do you take commissions? :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Shawny

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on January 21, 2009, 12:41:46 PM
Oh, how pretty... You are VEEEEERRRRYYY talented. Great job.

Thank you! ^_^

Quote from: Jerry on January 21, 2009, 12:45:08 PM
unfortunately i dont have a female physic, otherwise i would be definately interested.

Do you take commissions? :D

LOL! 

Sorry!  I've considered taking commissions.  But...  As a general rule, I don't take commissions.  Making costumes is extremely time and labor intensive.  And it seems that most people want/expect costumes that cost about the same as ready-made clothes off the rack or cheap custom-sized costumes made in China.  *shrug*  If I charged the same as off-the-rack or made-in-China costumes... I'd be working for free!

I make exceptions for friends sometimes... or if it's a costume that really interests me...

Jerry

Quote from: Shawny on January 21, 2009, 07:14:01 PM
LOL! 

Sorry!  I've considered taking commissions.  But...  As a general rule, I don't take commissions.  Making costumes is extremely time and labor intensive.  And it seems that most people want/expect costumes that cost about the same as ready-made clothes off the rack or cheap custom-sized costumes made in China.  *shrug*  If I charged the same as off-the-rack or made-in-China costumes... I'd be working for free!

I make exceptions for friends sometimes... or if it's a costume that really interests me...

believe me, ive paid pretty hefty prices tags (well over those chinese websites) and I'm okay with that, minus my ever shrinking budget... but maybe we'll work something out? :P

either i have to work on my girl-ish figure or i figure out a way to become your friend?  ;)

I have no idea how a costume would really interests you, so yet another question mark box I must jump at* before I would proceed any further.

* =  ha. i just used a mario reference-> for the win.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Shawny

Quote from: Jerry on January 22, 2009, 10:19:45 AM
believe me, ive paid pretty hefty prices tags (well over those chinese websites) and I'm okay with that, minus my ever shrinking budget... but maybe we'll work something out? :P

either i have to work on my girl-ish figure or i figure out a way to become your friend?  ;)

I have no idea how a costume would really interests you, so yet another question mark box I must jump at* before I would proceed any further.

* =  ha. i just used a mario reference-> for the win.  :D

;D  You get points for being funny!  (You also get points for understanding that cosplay is NOT cheap.)

To be one of my friends, you have to (1) be my friend in Real Life and/or (2) we have a decent amount of online interaction via forums or chats or emails and/or (3) we meet at a con and become cosplay buddies.  I'm kind of picky about my friends though!

Costumes that really interest me... This changes with my mood.  Sometimes, it's a character/costume design that I think looks beautiful/cool/awesome/colorful/etc, but it's usually my current obsession!  Right now, I'm obsessed with Naruto.  And after seeing Naruto's new cloak in manga chapter 430... I'm dying to make it!  Nevermind, that I don't even want to cosplay Naruto... I just want to make his cool new red-and-black-flame cloak!  Haha.

XpHoBiaX

Hey Shawny. I've made a decision to really crack down on the rules. It is still perfectly acceptable to post your work, and talk about commissions. Please feel free to post more cosplay, ooak items, and anything else you make.

I still didn't see a place to post your sale of your costumes, but I will back you up if you wish to post in one of these sections. I think cosplay will fit you best.

(dealers room)
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/board,33.0.html
(Cosplay section)
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/board,30.0.html 

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Shawny

@XpHoBiaX: Okay.  Thanks for the heads up!