Wondering if some cosplays I'm planning on are okay.

Started by Chibblz, January 19, 2009, 11:59:12 PM

Chibblz

Before I drive myself insane and spaz out after it's "too late", I was wondering if some of the cosplays I wanted to do were okay. But, like.. I guess most cosplays could be turned from "omg, no" to "meh, it's passable" with a few adjustments? Okay, so here I go.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb293/chibbu/Gypsy-1.jpg
RagnarokOnline Gypsy. Alterations are easier to make, since the game's based on sprites that you can barely see the details of in the first place.
My Alterations: The top covers my whole bust, and practically all of my chest. The bottom cuts much higher, rather than just hanging on the hips.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb293/chibbu/wiichiis.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb293/chibbu/lucchini.jpg
Strike Witches Francesca Lucchini. More difficult to alter, since there are main parts to it that make it that specific character. But hey, I had to ask for my sanity's sake.
My Alterations: Making the shirt a couple inches longer so that I can bend over without showing anything suspicious.

I had to ask, since I'm almost done with the gypsy cosplay, and the Francesca cosplay was just something a friend brought up. And those are my recent concerns. o_o;

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Rette

Just as long as it doesn't constitute public nudity, I think you're ok.

Cover what needs to be covered, adequately. And make sure it's going to stay covered when you move around.

Other than that, go nuts!

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Chibblz

Thanks~ Now I don't have to stress out over it. D: *phew* I hope all goes well then. x.o;

bahamutknightzero

So this is the topic where we can ask about costume legality/"Is this ok to wear"?

Chibblz

Might as well go for it and ask. o.o

The worst you can do is actually make the whole thing, wear it to the Con, and then get asked to leave/change because you didn't ask if it was okay enough.

That would suck, actually. Slaving over a cosplay for hours.. then finally wearing it, and after wearing it for almost 5 minutes, you are asked to change out of it. Or something like that.

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: Chibblz on January 20, 2009, 10:51:52 AM
Might as well go for it and ask. o.o

The worst you can do is actually make the whole thing, wear it to the Con, and then get asked to leave/change because you didn't ask if it was okay enough.

That would suck, actually. Slaving over a cosplay for hours.. then finally wearing it, and after wearing it for almost 5 minutes, you are asked to change out of it. Or something like that.

Okay....

Taken from another topic where I asked the same thing:

Well as a heads up, I am going to attempt to pass (so that means possible shaving of unwanted body hair).

To also aid myself, I will also have the proper gear to help (gaffs, padding, etc) in terms of body appearance.

As for items, I would have tights on (used to better hide the padding and gaffs from showing).

Its just probably one article of the costume in question that I would have worries about. The item in question would be a leotard with a questionable cut in the back (I don't think it would need explaining, but ask in case you need one).

Now I will also be wearing a cloak as part of the attire, but the main issue would be with the leotard.

I know the explanation was a bit all over the place and maybe a bit confusing, but I'm trying to come up with the best way to explain it without seeming all weird and everything.

Well it's a bit of a made up/original character, but I do have two preliminary sketches that the person that is making three of my items (cloak/choker/scythe prop) drew up.

As for the cloak, that was kind of the point as a precaution of some sort, but it could go well with the costume.

I could also come up with what the actual items appear like (leotard and tights were bought at American Apparel for example).

I just somewhat on pins and needles in wanting the costume to get the ok/not marked as illegal. I mean to go through all the work and prep time to do a crossplay (my first actual attempt at trying to pass, so ya I'll shave), to only get told that what I have is illegal, I'm going to feel kind of embarrassed and disappointed.

Any other questions you have, you can respond or PM me or send me an email.