SO. The inauguration, eh?

Started by SOawesomeness, January 21, 2009, 12:51:05 AM

SOawesomeness

Did anyone else suffer through 20 minutes of watching Bush's plane fly off into the afternoon sky and about 30 minutes of people cheering for Obama while he was walking to the observation place?

I officially am sick of abc 7 news channel. =.= They keep repeating the same things over again 3 times within 5 minutes. And then leave the camera on with no fresh dialogue for half an hour at times. o:

So, thoughts about the speech, oath, parade? Did you not watch it? Did you cry? Did you jump up with joy? Frustration? o:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

G.I.R

God, I hope your ABC 7 wasn't as bad as KABC 7 in L.A.!  During the news they only talked about the inauguration, and the anchors talked over the speeches!  There was absolutely no local news at all, and it was all about promoting ABC!

SOawesomeness

It was probably the same. They kept name-dropping "FACEBOOK." It was horrendous. =.=
They ran out of things to say so they started talking about the weather, then when the seizures and illnesses kicked in, they kept repeating it over and over, and they didn't even bother to rephrase it.

I watched NBC (I think) for the actual important parts and then for the next four (or so) hours, I was stuck watching ABC. I like NBC a lot now. ABC ticks me off. >.> And the anchor-ladies blink too much.

I liked his speech though. And I giggled when Obama stumbled through the oath.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

JTchinoy

i watched from his swearing in all the way to his banquet.  there's a lot of down time.  at one point they stared at 2 police guards for like 5 minutes.  killing time until his first act as president.  his first act was an amusing time.  he was like that's my first act. :) oh, there's more to sign o.0  he was trying to crack a joke about being left handed, lol.

very good speech overall.  very charismatic.  can't wait to see what he does for this country.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

BrightHeart76

I didn't get to watch any of it!   :P

I hosted an Inaugural Ball for the students at my school.  I spent the whole day (11 hours in an elementary school) decorating, getting cakes, organizing times, talking to local media and running the event.  On the up side it was a BLAST!!  Staff and students who attended talked about it all day.  The kids thought it was a "blazing party"...which I think is good.  I was recognized infront of my peers with flowers and an award for "patriotic spirit". 

Now I need to go to youtube and watch the good pieces that I missed.  :-)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

XpHoBiaX

I was watching it on Fox. Mostly cuz I had nothing better to do...and I like parades. But everytime something cool was comming, there was a commercial break. Or a break to see what Bush was up too.

Although, I do say, Obamas' wife had such a beautiful dress! I liked it very much.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Steve.Young

I watched a good portion of it while at work, I must say, it would have been nice if the anchors just stfu.

Seriously =P
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

G.I.R

Quote from: Steve.Young on January 22, 2009, 12:37:20 PM
I watched a good portion of it while at work, I must say, it would have been nice if the anchors just stfu.

Seriously =P
Just proves that Digital T.V. doesn't improve content.  Damn!  Couldn't they throw in a "commentary mute" button so you can hear what's going on?

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kazuko

I watched it on CNN it was awesome I cried during the speech and Michelle Obama looked absolutely stunning! They remind me of the kennedy era and I cannot wait for what the president will do

Gatsby

The speech was quite inspirational. Hopefully he'll begin getting the country back on track.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Kazuko on January 24, 2009, 07:34:02 PM
I watched it on CNN it was awesome I cried during the speech and Michelle Obama looked absolutely stunning! They remind me of the kennedy era and I cannot wait for what the president will do
there may be another event to remind you of that era too.  =X

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kazuko

Quote from: JTchinoy on January 25, 2009, 03:46:30 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on January 24, 2009, 07:34:02 PM
there may be another event to remind you of that era too.  =X
D: shut itttt jt you gaybo