question about artists alley

Started by izy, January 24, 2009, 05:10:36 PM

izy

i was wondering where one would go to find out information on registering for the artists alley, ive looked all over and the only thing ive found is an older forum posting for fanime 2008 that explains what one should do for registering for that year, does that still apply, and just change the date on the registration contract? many thaks in advance

Aya Brea X

I don't think the sign up information is up yet.  The only people I'm aware of that have actually signed up are the ones who signed up at the end of con last year.

izy

Quote from: Aya Brea X on January 27, 2009, 05:21:23 PM
I don't think the sign up information is up yet.  The only people I'm aware of that have actually signed up are the ones who signed up at the end of con last year.

thanks, do you happen to know when they will be posting the information, or when they usualy post it? ive never had a booth at this con before and im finding it hard to get information off of the site ^^;

ewu

We are working on it, it'll be alot easier when we have the info prepared and loaded online.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

sunrise-oasis

in the mean time is it alright to notify people how to obtain a temporary license for the fanime artist alley???

(large note: will these issues (horrible transactions, email notifications, Staple injuries from various artist including myself, be solved or will it happened again!?......)

Raymei

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on January 30, 2009, 02:52:34 PM
in the mean time is it alright to notify people how to obtain a temporary license for the fanime artist alley???

that would be really great! This is my first year with a table and I like to get prepared ahead of time  :)  but no rush, of course.

lethalbanana

I agree, I'm really interested in doing a table as well, when will it open to register for that? Also is there any cost for having a table?

Steve.Young

Quote from: lethalbanana on February 02, 2009, 05:43:02 PM
I agree, I'm really interested in doing a table as well, when will it open to register for that? Also is there any cost for having a table?

There is a cost for the table, look out for an official announcement...sometime...soon.

We keep saying it...and it will happen...eventually.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

kishi005

Hi,

I am already registered for Artist Alley and I was wondering when I can sign up for a table location? I already have my seller's permit and have registered for Fanime. Please let me know. Thank you.

Chloe

Quote from: kishi005 on February 05, 2009, 05:42:37 PM
Hi,

I am already registered for Artist Alley and I was wondering when I can sign up for a table location? I already have my seller's permit and have registered for Fanime. Please let me know. Thank you.

Look, you don't get to sign up for a table location.  It's more like the AA people will e-mail you a jpeg of the available tables, and you basically choose your top 4 choices.  They will send it to you in the order of those who have registered.  Seeing as you registered at the con, you should be one of those who will receive the list first.

EDIT:  Last I remembered, I received the list in April of last year.  And I registered not at con, so if things work out, you should get the list sooner than that.

Otherwise, you are set, and should only wait until the AA people have orgainzed everything.

Also, note to eveyone else who is posting this same thread:  Just please be patient and wait for AA People to organize things.  I don't remember how many times I've seen the same people respond with the same answer over and over.  I know those who are asking are new to the con, but make sure to read everywhere else rather than posting immediately.  Hopefully, this will help the AA people out.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

ewu

It looks like we are changing things up and are going to change things up even more for next year. So be ready for some changes. (kinda redundant) but with that said, within the next few weeks, look for AA table reg to go up and more info about table arrangements.

Hang tite:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

UzumakiRamen

sorry, I'm new to Fanime so I have a lot of questions...

How exactly do I go about getting a temporary seller's permit and what specific information do I need in regards to the con while registering? Is it a long process? As in, will I get my permit in time for the con once the tables are up? Also how much does it normally cost?

As for the actual AA, how many tables will be available and for what price? Am I allowed to have 3 people behind one table? And if we're allowed only 2 chairs, is it ok for me to just provide the 3rd chair on my own?

ewu

Sellers permit info:
http://www.boe.ca.gov/info/reg.htm

most of the info you can find here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8268.0.html
this is from '08 so expect changes.

We're not sure of #'s and $'s yet. Keep on the lookout for that.

As for behind the table. You will get two chairs and you will not be able to bring in your own chair.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

FallenAngel_Yami

I hope this doesn't sound too silly but, if we are sharing a table, do both of us need a seller's permit? Or just the one purchasing the table? Thank you :)

maxx-v

Is the contract for 2009 available anywhere? Or should we simply use the 2008 contract?

sunrise-oasis

your always welcome to visit this post!....hopefully not much has changed!....
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8365.0.html

also......
however, you could be the unlucky person who did not recieve the jpeg form due to lack of communications and having the AA not sending the emails correctly. I REALLY hope this never happens again because it was very very unfair for them to claim the emails they sent cannot go through! THey could have the decency to call us!

Quote from: Chloe on February 08, 2009, 02:02:10 PM
Quote from: kishi005 on February 05, 2009, 05:42:37 PM
Hi,
[/font][/color]

Look, you don't get to sign up for a table location.  It's more like the AA people will e-mail you a jpeg of the available tables, and you basically choose your top 4 choices.  They will send it to you in the order of those who have registered.  Seeing as you registered at the con, you should be one of those who will receive the list first.

EDIT:  Last I remembered, I received the list in April of last year.  And I registered not at con, so if things work out, you should get the list sooner than that.

Otherwise, you are set, and should only wait until the AA people have orgainzed everything.

Also, note to eveyone else who is posting this same thread:  Just please be patient and wait for AA People to organize things.  I don't remember how many times I've seen the same people respond with the same answer over and over.  I know those who are asking are new to the con, but make sure to read everywhere else rather than posting immediately.  Hopefully, this will help the AA people out.

ewu

if you are separate sellers over 18, by CA law you must have separate permits. I am unsure about how the alley has done it in the past, but check with them first.

The 2009 contract will come up when AA info is posted on the website. You may not use the 2008 contract.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

darkkako

On the Contract, are we supposed to leave the 'FanimeCon Signature' bit blank?

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom