question about artists alley

Started by izy, January 24, 2009, 05:10:36 PM

Yaminogame

Quote from: ewu on March 05, 2009, 09:24:19 PM

as for the other q, feel free to send in your app/agreement/contract w/o your permit, but once you find out that you get a table, please also send in the permit ASAP.

Phew! Okay! I was worried there. : D Hopefully I get a table! >.< I guess I will be notified soon.

doragon

Okay, two questions here since omgregistrationform! 8D *filling it out like now*
If it turns out we don't get a table, we are refunded, yes? xD  And there is no means of paying through like paypal, huh?
Also, for the permit.. I have a permanent seller's permit that is addressed toward my own home, would this work - ALA allowed it - or do I need to apply for a temporary one? [though, I think I accidentally got one for last fanime that is permanent... but I think its to the wrong address, lol]  I just wanted to make sure.  Thanks!
Stuff!

Hirotona

Filling it out right now, hope it doesn't get lost in the mail like it did last year > <

ewu

Quote from: doragon on March 06, 2009, 04:03:48 PM
Okay, two questions here since omgregistrationform! 8D *filling it out like now*
If it turns out we don't get a table, we are refunded, yes? xD  And there is no means of paying through like paypal, huh?
Also, for the permit.. I have a permanent seller's permit that is addressed toward my own home, would this work - ALA allowed it - or do I need to apply for a temporary one? [though, I think I accidentally got one for last fanime that is permanent... but I think its to the wrong address, lol]  I just wanted to make sure.  Thanks!

We do not cash the check. We can either return it to you or destroy it. No paypal.........and perm. sellers i think is ok, as long as you have a copy and the info is correct.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

doragon

Stuff!

imoto

Hay Guys
if you dident see the contract has been posted
have at it
~ Stacy
AA Head

naruto_ramen_1

Hi everyone :D

I had pre-registered for a table at last year's Fanime. I know I need a seller's permit so I'm working on that currently.

My question to you is: Do I need to mail you guys anything before the actual con or do I just need to show up with a copy / and the original seller's permit?  Ie: Do I need to mail in a Seller's Agreement form or anything like that?

Please let me know, it'd be greatly appreicated.

Thank you ^___^

Dattebayo!

Soliee

Quote from: ewu on February 26, 2009, 09:53:27 PM
I understand that artists would like to produce items for this event specifically, but ultimately this event is not established for that purpose. It is to help artists practice their trade, share their creations and improve their work. The items sold should be produced already in the course of a year's work as an artist. This event was established to be a community and not a business proposition.

I'd like to point out (in as non threatening a way as possible) that this comment, and the edited version in the FAQ, comes off slightly offensive.  I'm an artist who registered last year and I fall into this category of people you are talking about just because I really want to know if I've got a table or not. But I'm NOT worried about my sales and getting enough material made on time.  I come from out of state because I enjoy this con and the people who go to it, unfortunately airline tickets are not cheap. It's hard to justify purchasing them until I know I have a table, it's hard to justify the cost even after I know, hehe.  I just feel like you're making us out to be money hungry monsters which hardly seems fair.  Please give us the benefit of the doubt? 

I (and I'm sure many others) don't know what all the staff does on a daily basis or how many emails you get, so at first it doesn't seem like a crazy request to be notified a few months before the con (just a quick mass email not the seating chart) if we have a table or not, until I read this comment.. and now I just feel guilty for no reason (and I never even asked, I just thought about asking, then came here to read the faq's instead)

That being said, Thank you, Honestly I wish there was some way to really thank all the staff for their dedication and hard work, I'm in no way trying to start a fight, just wanted to point this out so you might consider editing it in the FAQ to sound less accusing. :-\

imoto

If you pre-reged at con last year we would like you to mail us a copy of your sellers permit and your proof of full weekend reg for the con, it makes the first day go by alot smother if we already have your paperwork. If you can not get your hands on your sellers permit then just bring everything to con with you.
note: please please dont mail us your actual sellers permit you need to keep that, and make shure that if you do or dont mails us anything, at con you need a copy of your sellers permit and i need a copy of it (means there needs to be 2 copys)
thanks

Quote from: naruto_ramen_1 on March 08, 2009, 02:25:14 PM
Hi everyone :D

I had pre-registered for a table at last year's Fanime. I know I need a seller's permit so I'm working on that currently.

My question to you is: Do I need to mail you guys anything before the actual con or do I just need to show up with a copy / and the original seller's permit?  Ie: Do I need to mail in a Seller's Agreement form or anything like that?

Please let me know, it'd be greatly appreicated.

Thank you ^___^

imoto

Quote from: Soliee on March 08, 2009, 11:16:40 PM
Quote from: ewu on February 26, 2009, 09:53:27 PM
I understand that artists would like to produce items for this event specifically, but ultimately this event is not established for that purpose. It is to help artists practice their trade, share their creations and improve their work. The items sold should be produced already in the course of a year's work as an artist. This event was established to be a community and not a business proposition.

I'd like to point out (in as non threatening a way as possible) that this comment, and the edited version in the FAQ, comes off slightly offensive.  I'm an artist who registered last year and I fall into this category of people you are talking about just because I really want to know if I've got a table or not. But I'm NOT worried about my sales and getting enough material made on time.  I come from out of state because I enjoy this con and the people who go to it, unfortunately airline tickets are not cheap. It's hard to justify purchasing them until I know I have a table, it's hard to justify the cost even after I know, hehe.  I just feel like you're making us out to be money hungry monsters which hardly seems fair.  Please give us the benefit of the doubt? 

I (and I'm sure many others) don't know what all the staff does on a daily basis or how many emails you get, so at first it doesn't seem like a crazy request to be notified a few months before the con (just a quick mass email not the seating chart) if we have a table or not, until I read this comment.. and now I just feel guilty for no reason (and I never even asked, I just thought about asking, then came here to read the faq's instead)

That being said, Thank you, Honestly I wish there was some way to really thank all the staff for their dedication and hard work, I'm in no way trying to start a fight, just wanted to point this out so you might consider editing it in the FAQ to sound less accusing. :-\

hay i just want to apologie to anyone this post may have offended
it was not ment to be an accusation or a jab at people who wish to make thins for fanime, but we also wanted people to know that our aa is more about the community than the money (eventhought we know in times like these money is important)

We also dont wany anyone to feel bad about sending us e-mails
if you have a question thats not covered in the FAQ please ask us we are hear for you guys to make fanime rock for you.
The reason we wernt going to notify the pre-reg people is because we were just going to sent the seating chart around then we will start the mass newsletters and try to get out myspace and livejournal newsletters back up. ^^

Thank you for the thanks it means alot to us
<3