question about artists alley

Started by izy, January 24, 2009, 05:10:36 PM

Melonfairy

8D Thank you! You have just made my day ewu! I'm going to be watching that AA Contract link like a hawk. Woohoo! Off to do some research on Seller's permits 8D

YAY!
Like my Avatar? Check out my DA for plushies, charms, and more: http://kisekinosekai.deviantart.com/

sunrise-oasis

okay this was a complete shock since I never knew there was open registrations VERY EARLY BEFORE JUNE 2008. BACK THEN i recall the Site was Small, lacking alot of THings, and most importnat of all, There was only 1 link saying to pre-registered weekend passes,.

HOw was the Tables FULL?, Not only that how was it possible
After waiting for the MAIN website to UPDATE! stating Artist alley registrations. I had to look through the entire Artist Alley section seeing only an info and NO availble contract!

This kinda angers me IN so many disrespectful ways!
I really hope the A.a. Contract is open. and I hope you Administrators learned your lesson on how to Start organizing your Paychecks AND readings! Last year was a horrible MOment and I fear this year it can go worse!

Note: PLEASE update the information since its dated from 2007, Last year Power supply WILL NOT be provided to all artists except those of who are in charge!
ALSO, add a special PLUg blocker to prevent people using their cellphone chargers or Computers being charged since last year my friend was asked by one of the administrators!, it angers me that someone else can get away without while staying there for like 20 minutes and then leave with a full battery. PLEASE add some kind of BLOCKER!(.
(yes im angry and yes im upset..im just shocked without realizing that the tables are sold out and I did'nt heard any info about it!.....)

new question:::::
((((PELASE PLEASE PLEASE!! if you guys are going to stable gun the tables. MAKE SURE THEY DON"T LEAVE ANY ANy improper Stables being lose))))))

r = response
problem = problem

Q: Is the AA sold out?
A: Yes, it was sold out as of June 2008. We have since worked hard to be creative and opened up floor space for additional tables.
R: how was this possible, I understand you can pre-registered again for less than $40, you can pay them immediatly as well, my question is, HOW was it possible to obtain a table WITHOUT the Boe permit of 2009. If I were to preregistered a table I would have to Sign one for 2009 THIS YEAR and 2010 next year!.

Q: How can I register for a table?
A: (see below first) Check here, fill in this, and send it in to the stated address
R: we already know that....its a contract..no worries there

Q: Why is it a broken link?
A: There were some changes we needed to make to the contract. If you already downloaded the 2009 contract, fill it in and send it. If not, wait till the 2009 contract comes back up and fill it in then.
R: or its another way to open up and close, kinda like a water faucet, overflow it and creates a mess, SO i understand why they had to close the link down. I just they re-open it up again!

Q: Can I use the 2008 contract?
A: NO
Problem: I really hope you guys don't use the 2008 contract because I can easily photoshop the 8 with a 9.. or worse....find it from someone who has a second copy!.....BE careful when it is like this! If I were you I would Start accepting mail postal ink stamp of its date release!.. otherwise prepare for alot of copies!

Q: Help on the sellers permit
A: http://www.boe.ca.gov/info/reg.htm
R: more additional help on signing the form is located here::: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8365.0.html

Q: If I registerd for a table at 2008, will the contract changes affect me?
A: Yes they will, but you will not need to turn in the contract again.
R: ~no comment~

Final: I want to apologized if this posted thread is hurting any of your feelings but be aware, its just Very hard to find an information and a contract around the site. (back then and today, I just found this out after my friend called and told me a link was made. Its just Hard to beleive there was a pre registration on the day DURING fanime, or after, and I was unaware of this notice!

darkkako

QuoteR: how was this possible, I understand you can pre-registered again for less than $40, you can pay them immediatly as well, my question is, HOW was it possible to obtain a table WITHOUT the Boe permit of 2009. If I were to preregistered a table I would have to Sign one for 2009 THIS YEAR and 2010 next year!.
Admittedly, I was wondering about this as well. My best guess is that the contracts were handed out at the end of the con, and people took them home, grabbed a permit the next day, and mailed it off. But I'd be interested to hear how it was actually handled.

ewu

We were sold out at the end of con. When you register at con you do not need to show the sellers permit. The condition is that if you arrive at 2009 without a sellers permit or without registering for Fanime you will not be able to get a table.

We could have chosen not to open more tables and only allowed those that registered at-con to come to 2009. Because we knew people still wanted tables we moved programming OUT of the exhibit hall just to accommodate those that wanted a table.

Your electricity concerns have been reviewed and that situation will remain as is. Electricity is provided not as a service or a term to the contract, but as a convenience and courtesy. If you need power you should come prepared to not plug in at all. If you can't do without power you should request it and be ready to pay the $200-300 for the power drop as well as have alternate arrangements if we cannot arrange it.
see here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,9899.msg279909.html#msg279909

We also have no control over how the tops are stapled on to the tables and that will also remain as is.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

sunrise-oasis

Last year i tried to ask for power but the head art admin says they will not be provided at all~!.

This kinda explains alot of why the tables were full. because I did not showed up at the final day due to -trauma anxiety~...

I understand the staples are'nt a big thing but to me it can be a serious injury! I will personally deal with this alone and give you the remaining scraps to you guys so you can figure what to do with it!

...I just can't beleive you guys allowed to do pre-registration at the end of the final convention day!.. thats just seem, unfiar! it may be fair to everyone but to me as another customer, that just is'nt right!.....

Im just going to have to cross my fingers and hope for the best I can registered a table!.....
until then im going to leave my computer on and continue refreshing the page,..

fQuestion and favor!...
i still Suggest you start thinking about what i said about geting the contract from someone else. because thats the easiest way to obtain the contract and then submit it!..I hope you guys meant that june 2008 is when you stop reviewing newer contracts until such a time is reloaded!....
People can get away from finding alternative routes!

jAded

So my understanding from this is, if you registered at the con last year for a table, then you just wait to get an email with your seated table assignment and send in your AA contract and bring your paperwork(copy of contract and your sellers permit) with you on the first day of the convention (you have to be registered for a full convention pass as well).

Am I correct?

megamoth

For those of us that have already sent off our 2009 contracts, is there an estimate as to when we will be notified whether we get a table or not?

imoto

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on February 24, 2009, 11:45:23 AM

I understand the staples are'nt a big thing but to me it can be a serious injury! I will personally deal with this alone and give you the remaining scraps to you guys so you can figure what to do with it!

If you have a staple or drapery thats out of place at your table please just let aa staff know and we will deal with it as best as we can

...I just can't beleive you guys allowed to do pre-registration at the end of the final convention day!.. thats just seem, unfiar! it may be fair to everyone but to me as another customer, that just is'nt right!.....

We have always allowed people who attend fanime the previous year to register and pay for there tables for the next year. This was announced all thought last years convention that we were opening up pre-reg for 2009 on monday of 2008. Im sorry you dident take advantage of this. And i am very sorry about the confusion with the contract, and this goes to everyone. Things in AA have been alittle rough and i, as head, really do appreciate you all bearing with me as i work thought things. We will have the contracts back up and registration back up and on the sight as soon as we possibly can.
In regards to how soon you will know if you have gotten your table, i get the information and the contracts as soon as finances can get them to me, i know were running late with things this year so im going to push harder and inform you if you have a table or not ASAP

i once again want to thank you all for all the interest in AA this year its going to be an amazing year
~ Stacy
Aritist Alley Head

imoto

Hi
I want to say it again, that i am sorry about the hiccup in Artist Alley registration. If you have questions please refer to the FAQ on the forums that was posted about AA and know were doing everything we can to get reg back up and running.
If you have other questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail us at: [email protected]

As a side not please only send us things you feel are very important, answering the same question 15 times takes away from the time i can spend doing other things to make aa move along faster and easer. Please also, do not send me anything for your registration, we are not accepting them thought the e-mail. So again please read the FAQ posted hear (http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,11694.0.html ) before sending off your questions

Thanks
~ Stacy
Artist Alley Head

imoto

Quote from: megamoth on February 24, 2009, 02:19:06 PM
For those of us that have already sent off our 2009 contracts, is there an estimate as to when we will be notified whether we get a table or not?
Sadley no i dont have a set time

imoto

Quote from: jAded on February 24, 2009, 11:49:50 AM
So my understanding from this is, if you registered at the con last year for a table, then you just wait to get an email with your seated table assignment and send in your AA contract and bring your paperwork(copy of contract and your sellers permit) with you on the first day of the convention (you have to be registered for a full convention pass as well).

Am I correct?

Yes, if you registered at the 2008 con then we already have your contract and payment. All you need to do is sit tight for table seating, and bring your sellers permit, your copy of your sellers permit (for AA to keep), and your full weekend convention badge to the registration table at the con ^^

sunrise-oasis

Thank you and I wish your new team with the best of care for hoping fanime become better than last years incident.....I really hope and wish this year will make a great sudden improvement v_v

Quote from: imoto on February 24, 2009, 03:44:00 PM
Quote from: sunrise-oasis on February 24, 2009, 11:45:23 AM

If you have a staple or drapery thats out of place at your table please just let aa staff know and we will deal with it as best as we can

We have always allowed people who attend fanime the previous year to register and pay for there tables for the next year. This was announced all thought last years convention that we were opening up pre-reg for 2009 on monday of 2008. Im sorry you dident take advantage of this. And i am very sorry about the confusion with the contract, and this goes to everyone. Things in AA have been alittle rough and i, as head, really do appreciate you all bearing with me as i work thought things. We will have the contracts back up and registration back up and on the sight as soon as we possibly can.
In regards to how soon you will know if you have gotten your table, i get the information and the contracts as soon as finances can get them to me, i know were running late with things this year so im going to push harder and inform you if you have a table or not ASAP

i once again want to thank you all for all the interest in AA this year its going to be an amazing year
~ Stacy
Aritist Alley Head

Pimpstress Rei

Hello everyone.

Please note that we are selling artist alley tables at a very small fraction of the dealer's room price. These tables are being sold as a courtesy to the artistic community so you can sell your homemade wares to the public.

Selling these tables are a service provided by Fanime. As with all services, it is a privilege to rent a table, not a right. If you do not like the way we run the table purchases, you are free to not buy a table.

If you have issues with the way we run our convention, then you are more than welcome to join staff and help us change things internally so that the artistic community may benefit from your contribution.

Pointing fingers and being verbally insensitive to our staff does not contribute to the convention or the public. Simply phrasing opinions in a constructive way will help everyone to achieve these goals.

Remember, we are a convention run by fans, for fans. No one is getting paid to do this - the entire convention is put on from the thousands of hours that each and every staff and volunteer puts in. Let's make it great for everyone!
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

ewu

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on February 23, 2009, 11:06:17 PM
I want to apologized if this posted thread is hurting any of your feelings....

but he is...he said he was sorry. Isn't that constructive?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Sachiko

I understand that Fanime is doing its best to accommodate space for more artist tables, and I appreciate the effort.

But at the very least, next time can there be an advanced notice about the status (i.e. how it's closed already since June 2008) rather than letting everyone anticipating yet hanging in the unknown? Regardless of the current status of the tables, the communication/informing was quite lousy... It seems that every year the miscommunication is always a problem.

So one more quick question. Obviously the only way we can sort of know where the staffs are is by either (1) email or (2) monitoring the check. Those who have submitted their contracts and didn't get the table, when do we expect our checks to be refunded by? An estimated time would be most appreciated.
~*~Sachiko

ewu

In the end we tell you what we know. We have been working to open up the space since all the tables were sold. We did not want to make an announcement positive or negative until we had a confirmed situation.

We will let you know if you get a table or not. Once we run out of tables we will let you know and give you an option of either going on the wait list or having us return/destroy the check. We will hold the check and not deposit until you have gotten a table, the funds will remain in your account until then.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Sachiko

~*~Sachiko

megamoth

I know the table situation has been complicated, but I would like to convey my appreciation to the Con staff for trying to make more people happy by trying to free up more space. I can understand why there is no estimated time for when the tables are available, and you are doing the best you can do to process requests and questions.

I was wondering, for those of us who sent last week's 2009 contract, is there a way to find out whether you received it? I know this is no guarantee that we get a table, I just want to make sure that everything went through properly.

Also, thanks for information on the checks--I had that question as well.

ewu

Quote from: ewu on February 23, 2009, 06:26:50 PM
Q: When will I be notified that you have received my contract?
A2:If you sent in a contract in the 2009 calendar year, we will send out an e-mail to those that we have received a contract and also those that are on the wait list. Please note: Only certain people are able and allowed to check our mail because so many checks and contracts come through. Because only those people are able to check these things, our response time is limited to the availability of these people.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Hirotona

When do you think you'll have a confirm/deny on additional tables then? Not to be inpatient, but since I'm working hard canvassing my artist friends to come and sell I don't want to be giving them a false impression they'll be space open for them when there might not be.

Also when might you know if people who registered for this year last year might not be able to make it this year, thus freeing up their table for someone else?