question about artists alley

Started by izy, January 24, 2009, 05:10:36 PM

jAded

For the choosing of tables, will the seating chart be emailed to us based on the information we gave out last year with directions on who to send it back to?

ewu

yes, the seating chart will be sent out in the order that you registered. Bear in mind that if you do not respond within a few days, we will move on to the next person. We will announce when we have gone through the entire list. So that those that did not respond will have a chance to select a table before we assign those that are registering now. Please do not confirm if we have the right e-mail address, only contact us if you have had a change in contact information.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

doragon

Hello ~ so, I'm now dealing with the fact that trying to get a table this year seems to be a dashed dream - bummer, would have been my first year too.  Since people were able to register for this year last year and presuming it would be possible to register next year this year ~ is this open to anyone or just artists in the alley in the current year?  I just want to make sure so... I can hopefully one day be apart and not find out last minute that there really are no tables xD;

Also, why hasn't any of this information appeared on the front page of the Fanime website?  Not a lot of people frequent the forums and watch the website itself for updates on the convention, or I'm just speaking for myself and all.  It could have been helpful ^_^;

I'll keep a look out, I suppose, to see if anything opens up! Thanks in advance :D
Stuff!

ewu

Pre-reg for the next year is only open to those that already have a table. I think we will have a table limit for pre-sales at the end of this year. Then more new artists will be able to get tables.

Mostly cuz posting that the info is no longer up is kinda futile on the main page. E-mail and forums seems to be the best way to answer particular issues.

Big changes ahead if we have the staff and the stamina.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

doragon

.. aaaw ;o; I do hope you have this pre-sale limit or you're going to be denying a lot of new artists like myself this experience.

Well, even just putting that general information is up would have been nice as well as I didn't see much of it before I noticed that you had posted that it was up here in the forums.  But, aanywho ~ this is just my frustration over the situation here xD

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly ~ <3
Stuff!

Raymei

Quote from: doragon on March 04, 2009, 05:18:53 PM
.. aaaw ;o; I do hope you have this pre-sale limit or you're going to be denying a lot of new artists like myself this experience.

Well, even just putting that general information is up would have been nice as well as I didn't see much of it before I noticed that you had posted that it was up here in the forums.  But, aanywho ~ this is just my frustration over the situation here xD

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly ~ <3

I think on top of general arrangements, the staff is getting an overload of e-mails from people who check the forums as well as those who've never visited here.
This isn't something they get paid for, and I can guess that alongside trying to organize the con they have day-jobs/family/a life outside of Fanime  T_T

If you missed out on getting a table this year, I'd set something of an online-commerce up and put advertisements for it on the free tables (where people put fliers, business cards, etc).
Think of it this way: you'll get your start on your "business" but you'll still get to enjoy the con for all its entirety instead of having to sit at your table through the weekend.

Give the people some air!  lol

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: ewu on March 04, 2009, 04:57:45 PM
Pre-reg for the next year is only open to those that already have a table. I think we will have a table limit for pre-sales at the end of this year. Then more new artists will be able to get tables.

so in other words those who gets the tables, have a chance to reserve next year?
What about those who does'nt have reserved a table? can we still reserve one? (right after thsoe who pre-registered)

also, I wanted to know for next year are you still going to have the policy of reserving 2 tables? or your going to change that rule?

ewu

Quote from: ewu on March 01, 2009, 12:34:17 AM
My second in command regularly threatens to take away my forum access:)

Again she threatens....

Quote from: Sen on March 04, 2009, 08:30:12 PM
Before I have to forcefully remove Eric (who has also had a long day) from the forums...

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on March 04, 2009, 08:27:02 PM
so in other words those who gets the tables, have a chance to reserve next year?
What about those who does'nt have reserved a table? can we still reserve one? (right after thsoe who pre-registered)[/color]

also, I wanted to know for next year are you still going to have the policy of reserving 2 tables? or your going to change that rule?

Most likely, pre-reg will only be opened to those already with a table. We have yet to set our procedures for 2010 reg.

What 2 table policy are you talking about?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Yaminogame

It now says in the artist alley section that you had to send a copy of your seller's permit to register. I all ready sent my contract and money should I send a seperate copy of my permit? I put my seller permit's number on my contract.

megamoth

Quote from: ewu on March 04, 2009, 08:39:29 PM
Quote from: ewu on March 01, 2009, 12:34:17 AM
My second in command regularly threatens to take away my forum access:)

Again she threatens....

Quote from: Sen on March 04, 2009, 08:30:12 PM
Before I have to forcefully remove Eric (who has also had a long day) from the forums...

I would just like to say that Eric has to be quite the badass for being so devoted to this. When I go to con, I will find him and give him a hug.

I apologize for being a persistent pain in the butt with all my questions, but I cannot relay enough how grateful I am for Fanime's moderators and volunteers. If I wasn't so chin-deep in my own responsibilities, I would be so down for helping out in any way I can. I may be able to yet.

I have a question about table sharing. Is there a limit to the amount of people who have tables? For instance, if several people shared tables to make room, would there be a capacity limit to the exhibit hall?

megamoth

Oh man... why is my post all quoted? I am such a forum noob T_T

ewu

badass understands....we would not reach capacity, no way. but you table might. Each individual seller must have a sellers permit...and honestly more than two sellers at a table is kinda ridiculous, especially since ur only paying like $15 and would make it up in like 2 or 3 sales....

as for the other q, feel free to send in your app/agreement/contract w/o your permit, but once you find out that you get a table, please also send in the permit ASAP.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

megamoth

Quote from: ewu on March 05, 2009, 09:24:19 PM
badass understands....we would not reach capacity, no way. but you table might. Each individual seller must have a sellers permit...and honestly more than two sellers at a table is kinda ridiculous, especially since ur only paying like $15 and would make it up in like 2 or 3 sales....

Don't worry, there is NO way I would allow all my students behind a table! I am going to be the only one sitting there, unless one of the older kids (18+) wants to sit in while I use the bathroom or something.
I love those kids but I would never let them be in charge of sales  ;)

By the way? I have to say that the table price for this convention is INCREDIBLY reasonable. A steal, even. I thank the staff for that one too.

ewu

I am sending out the revised contract to be posted today, keep your eye out.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

miss shelby

Quote from: ewu on March 06, 2009, 07:23:04 AM
I am sending out the revised contract to be posted today, keep your eye out.

I sent in the old contract, should I send in the new one too?     I have no idea if it even reached Fanime.  My mail is pretty shady sometimes.  :\

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

darkkako

It appears the new contract is now up. ^^

ewu

webpage stalker........I only got notified by the webmaster 7 minutes AFTER ur post
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

darkkako

I know where the webpage sleeeeeeeps. I like to watch it at night and write it secret letters. xD

Melonfairy

I just saw the contract link 8D YAY!

Quote from: ewu on March 05, 2009, 09:24:19 PMas for the other q, feel free to send in your app/agreement/contract w/o your permit, but once you find out that you get a table, please also send in the permit ASAP.

I had no idea we could do that, thanks ewu! I'll fill out the AA contract tonight as well as my seller's permit app. Whoohoo!
Like my Avatar? Check out my DA for plushies, charms, and more: http://kisekinosekai.deviantart.com/