weapons policy - airsoft guns

Started by Faye, January 24, 2009, 09:21:04 PM

Faye

Hello~!

I was wondering if anyone has previous experience with the con's airsoft gun policy for cosplay?

I've heard of gun props having to be peacebonded but - are (empty) airsoft guns allowed?

I'm thinking of something like this : http://tinyurl.com/cvkc76 but wanted to make sure it was allowed. Obviously this is my first Fanime, please pardon my inexperience. ^^;

Katsumiyo

I searched all over the place like two weeks ago and couldn't find squat on the weapons policy. However, this was the case with last year, and is the case with most large conventions:
No gun imitating a real gun, including airsoft guns, regardless of whether they are loaded or even functioning. If it can be mistaken for a real gun, even with the orange tip, it is not allowed.
However, your best bet is to wait to hear the weapons policy--unless it's already been posted? I'll look around for that.

Faye

Thanks dear ;3; I thought so since...well, someone COULD just be hiding ammo and stuff. :/ Understandable, but I can still hope. *tries to find prop makers*