Japan Video & Media and anime cosplaying events this year

Started by BunofGovt, January 25, 2009, 12:43:26 AM

BunofGovt

The Cherry Blossom Festival will be April 11/12, 18/19 this year with the parade on Sunday April 19, 2009.  Sign-ups for the Anime Cosplayers portion of the parade have begun at Japan Video & Media, Japantown, San Francisco.

This link has the deadline plus information on Japan Video & Media also hosting a cosplay event every month beginning in February.

http://bayanime.com/tag/san-francisco-japantown/

Owner Takeshi Onishi is a great guy.

I'm already signed up for the parade (missed it last year due to illness) and hope to see y'all there!  Not sure if I'll make it for the monthly events, but that would be fun to try.

Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Yukari Kaiba

yay thats great to know sign ups have opened for the contest already =D I need to get over there and sign up ASAP.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

bayanime.com

Hey BunofGovt, thanks for posting this here! I spoke to Mr. Onishi a few weeks ago and actually he is also doing the Asian Heritage Fair cosplay event too (http://bayanime.com/5th-annual-asian-heritage-street-celebration/ but the details are TBA). He's a super nice guy, very generous, and always donates prizes to ALL cosplayers who take part in the events. I'm not sure if anything special is happening on Feb 1st for the next cosplay day, but I'll try to find out. He said he needs to ask around for volunteer speakers and for space to maybe do an anime screening(!). If there's a lot of interest in that (SF definitely needs an anime club!) then please let me know! At the very least it will be a discount day and a good excuse to gather in costume!

OniCourseMusha

I just signed up last saturday.  This time I'm gonna bring the DDR Box cosplay and team up wit Wii remote cosplay and his crew and enter the cosplay contest together!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Yukari Kaiba

so for anybody thats signed up online - did you get a confirmation email or anything? are we supposed to get one?
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

bayanime.com

Mr. Onishi gets the forms and goes through them, after which he'll assign you a confirmation number. It doesn't happen immediately (I think he does them in batches, and I think he was sending a bunch of older registration confirmations out today) so please give it some time! If it's been a long time and you're really nervous you can contact me or give Japan Video a call (415-563-5220).

Yukari Kaiba

oh ok, thanks for the clarification! I've always signed up in person at the store but its more convenient for me to sign up online so thats what I did this year. Was wondering how they would get us our confirmation number but you explained it already. thanks ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Chloe

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on January 26, 2009, 10:19:14 PM
oh ok, thanks for the clarification! I've always signed up in person at the store but its more convenient for me to sign up online so thats what I did this year. Was wondering how they would get us our confirmation number but you explained it already. thanks ^^

lol.  I just signed up now too.  Hella psyched.  I'm just wondering when I'll get my confirmation number... I hope I'm near #1. lol. Probably not... > >
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Yukari Kaiba

I just got my confirmation email earlier this evening =D listed as entry #21 ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

bayanime.com

Oops, tried to fix my post but ended up posting a new post... ^^;; Anyway it looks like nearly everyone is doing the contest and parade and the contest is limited to 100, so if you want to enter sign up early!

Oniko

Darn it I was just there on sunday too.
But do I really fell like walking in the sun in a full gown with long sleeves xx....ugh
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Mr. Wendell

You definitely know that I shall be there.  I have been emceeing/part-time judging the Anime Costume Contest since 2000 (missed the first year), and I will do my part once again.  ;D

I'm excited to see who is going to be float-worthy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

bayanime.com

FYI, Mr. Onishi is now looking for cosplaying individuals or groups that sing, dance, or play musical instruments for an anime talent show/musical performance event after the parade... If you're interested you can sign up on our site and register for the cosplay contest and/or parade while you're at it (if you haven't already signed up).

http://bayanime.com/register-for-the-cherry-blossom-festival-cosplay-contest-and-parade-19-apr-09/

shy-cosplayer

Already signed up a week ago. Hopefully the weather won't be too cold for my cosplay!