What Games would u Really like to be Set for Tournaments.

Started by asuka245, January 25, 2009, 02:33:11 PM

What Games would u Really like to be Set for Tournaments.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes       Wii
5 (11.6%)
King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match          PS2
5 (11.6%)
Soul Caliber IV               PS3
7 (16.3%)
Street Fighter 3RD Strike       PS2
8 (18.6%)
Street Fighter 4          PS3
15 (34.9%)
Left 4 Dead         PC/360
8 (18.6%)
Resistance 2           PS3
1 (2.3%)
Halo 3          360
5 (11.6%)
Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2            PS2
5 (11.6%)
Naruto Storm            PS3
3 (7%)
Beatmania II DX          PS2
0 (0%)
Dance Dance Revolution              PS2 or PS1
8 (18.6%)
Pop n Music                PS2
2 (4.7%)
Guitar Hero World Tour                  PS3 OR 360
5 (11.6%)
Rockband 2                        PS3 OR 360
11 (25.6%)
Bleach Blade Battle 2                  PS2
3 (7%)
Guilty Gear XX AC                      PS2
5 (11.6%)
Tekken 5 DR                                PS3
3 (7%)
Capcom vs SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001              PS2
9 (20.9%)
Smash Brothers Brawl                 WII
15 (34.9%)
Fate/Unlimited Codes                     PS2
1 (2.3%)
Melty Blood                  PS2 or PC
7 (16.3%)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
4 (9.3%)
Counter Strike                                  PC
2 (4.7%)
TF2                                PC
8 (18.6%)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
6 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: May 21, 2009, 03:33:11 PM

JTchinoy

Are we seriously only running 5 tournaments rich?  I was preparing for like... 10.  lol.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jerry

Maybe thats all the time he and his staff could committ to? :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Mizuki

Like I said in the other thread. Arcsys AND Aksys (guys who bring BB to US Arcades) says it will not be out for ATLEAST a year since it was brought into arcades, which is past Evo time, so there's no way it'll be on ps3 unless they say otherwise.

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 27, 2009, 08:08:48 AM

As for CvS2... why are you even commenting. So many grooves to choose from, with only 2 of them really being good, and one being usable. A/C are the only ones that really win, and K is gimmicky enough to where you can squeek comeback wins.

K is not gimmicky, or rather in Japan, but we're in the US... Okay whatever.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jerry on January 27, 2009, 11:36:52 AM
Seeing as how I'm the one who'll be managing/ running the tournaments, I was expecting 10~ tournaments like last year. :)
I only need like 2 helpers if it's only 5 tournies.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 27, 2009, 08:08:48 AM

I like how people that don't follow the scene comment as if they know better than people who are active members.

3S is dying, and rather quickly. Yes, people still play it, but dude... people still play Hokuto no Ken... which has been dead since the game was released. Rack n' Cue is 1 arcade. People don't play 3S at SVGL other than the occasional person. Blaz gets way more people than 3S, and Blaz isn't even that popular in the states. Now compare both of those to T6, and it's laughable.

Every major tourney player has stated that 3S is horrible and they're glad it's dying.

As for CvS2... why are you even commenting. So many grooves to choose from, with only 2 of them really being good, and one being usable. A/C are the only ones that really win, and K is gimmicky enough to where you can squeek comeback wins.
Thats assuming 3S is dying and I do follow up wit the scene since I go to Rack n Cue, MGL and SVGL plus I was behind the scene of how the gaming tourney is being planned out for fanime.  The reason why I brought up Rack'N Cue is thats the only place that has SF4 plus there's plenty of good players that plays up there too but its kind of funny why 3S is being played there than SF4.  Oh yeah they also have T6 and of course its being played more.  okay I'm done here.
As for CvS2, its all up to you what works good for your style.  But why leave out P-groove?
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

JTchinoy

drop by sjsu sometime.
you'll see 8~ people at most times playing sf4.
at that same time you'll see 1 or 2 playing 3s and 3-4 playing blazeblue.
3s has been replaced.  it's likely a better game than sf4, but it's too damn old and it's time for the boot.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

I guess I'll say Halo sense its the only one I would care to join.
But even then...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on January 27, 2009, 03:21:28 PM
Thats assuming 3S is dying and I do follow up wit the scene since I go to Rack n Cue, MGL and SVGL plus I was behind the scene of how the gaming tourney is being planned out for fanime.  The reason why I brought up Rack'N Cue is thats the only place that has SF4 plus there's plenty of good players that plays up there too but its kind of funny why 3S is being played there than SF4.  Oh yeah they also have T6 and of course its being played more.  okay I'm done here.
As for CvS2, its all up to you what works good for your style.  But why leave out P-groove?

And once more... people that don't know anything shouldn't talk.

No top player in 3S is from norcal. Going to MGL and SVGL and Rack n' Cue means nothing, seeing that none of the real fighting game people really frequent these places at all. A few go there occasionally, and the only ones that REALLY go to SVGL are Tekken players. They all go (insert secret location here that I'm not supposed to talk about that I'm fairly certain only like 3 people on this forum know about) to play games and for meet ups.

Why leave out P-groove? BECAUSE IT SUCKS. There's a reason P-groove never ranks high in tournaments, for the same reason that S, and N never do(outside of Champbell, who's perpetually stuck at 5th).

5 tournaments isn't very much since there's at least 5 fighting games alone that should have tournaments. But that sorta limits the audience. But, that's not my call (pssss JT shut up and be happy, you'll have more free time now).

JTchinoy

I want less work but I don't want to disappoint the fans.  :P
gotta find the middle ground... maybe 8 tournaments. XD

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

P-groove is awful, big super bar, short guard bar, no RC, and like only 3 characters are good in that groove.

nobody517

otakuapprentice

Quote from: nobody517 on February 11, 2009, 11:52:12 AM
...no Super Smash Bros. Melee?
why the hell would you want melee on the list? brawl has been out since last year, and that's the version everyone is playing.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Mizuki

Quote from: otakuapprentice on February 11, 2009, 08:21:09 PM
Quote from: nobody517 on February 11, 2009, 11:52:12 AM
...no Super Smash Bros. Melee?
why the hell would you want melee on the list? brawl has been out since last year, and that's the version everyone is playing.

Ugh, you just had to ask that. In before "Melee is better, Brawl is for scrubs" etc.

Khaistyle

1 hit K.O on smash bros. debate.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165363

In all my years I've never heard of a fighting game needing fan-based tweaking to make it "competitive."

Not to sound condescending but this is the kind of thing I expect from the smash community. *sigh*

I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

JTchinoy

Quote from: Khaistyle on February 11, 2009, 09:07:42 PM
1 hit K.O on smash bros. debate.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165363

In all my years I've never heard of a fighting game needing fan-based tweaking to make it "competitive."

Not to sound condescending but this is the kind of thing I expect from the smash community. *sigh*

I personally refuse to consider modding game properties.  The game is what it is, take it or leave it.  We pick our rules based on what the game gives us, not based on what we wish it had.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

And Brawl (or Melee) should not need to be moded to be competitive. It's only hacked and gibbed to oblivion because people don't like what happens, whines and then gets everyone else to join their bandwagon. It's standard whiny Smash community, and this has been beaten to death in certain IRC channels that deal with fighting games in tourneys, and SRK. Which is why it isn't at Evo this year.

PyronIkari

Oh Smash drama at WCC2 is even funnier.

This is the smash community at work.

So some guy was in a money match. Apparently he's well known in Smash. The guy wins, and the challenger doesn't pay.

So now the guy expects WCC to pay him the money owed. WCC has nothing to do with that money match, as it would technically be illegal for WCC to sanction that bet and for them to pay out anything.

So now said player says that WCC2 should have a SSBM tourney, because Brawl is shitty. WCC2 organizer said, that's fine, they'll have smash and brawl in that case. Player says "No... I will run it, and you have to pay me 300$ or we will boycott the tournament". Smash community agrees with this guy, and some odd 30+ people are now boycotting the tournament because WCC2 organizers aren't willing to pay 300$ to this guy for him to run a tournament they don't care about.

GO GO GO SMASH COMMUNITY! This is why fighting game players hate the smash community, they're so self-righteous. They think they are so important that they should be paid to play at a tournament.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 12, 2009, 12:55:05 AM

So some guy was in a money match. Apparently he's well known in Smash. The guy wins, and the challenger doesn't pay.

So now the guy expects WCC to pay him the money owed. WCC has nothing to do with that money match, as it would technically be illegal for WCC to sanction that bet and for them to pay out anything.

So now said player says that WCC2 should have a SSBM tourney, because Brawl is shitty. WCC2 organizer said, that's fine, they'll have smash and brawl in that case. Player says "No... I will run it, and you have to pay me 300$ or we will boycott the tournament". Smash community agrees with this guy, and some odd 30+ people are now boycotting the tournament because WCC2 organizers aren't willing to pay 300$ to this guy for him to run a tournament they don't care about.

GO GO GO SMASH COMMUNITY! This is why fighting game players hate the smash community, they're so self-righteous. They think they are so important that they should be paid to play at a tournament.

Awesome. Either play it the way it is, or STFU and GTFO.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

JTchinoy

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 12, 2009, 12:55:05 AM

What kind of idiots does this smash community produce?  That sounds like an outright threat.  How the hell are you going to threaten the people running a tournament?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on January 27, 2009, 12:48:15 PM
Quote from: Jerry on January 27, 2009, 11:36:52 AM
Seeing as how I'm the one who'll be managing/ running the tournaments, I was expecting 10~ tournaments like last year. :)
I only need like 2 helpers if it's only 5 tournies.
You know I am always willing to help set up a Halo3 Tourny if you are going to run one.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.