Badge/sword question.

Started by ELDEMONIO, January 26, 2009, 08:04:56 PM

ELDEMONIO

I've paid for registration and it says I can get in with a special badge. Its my first convention I will ever attend so I'm nervouse as heck. Its Jan. and I'm still scared about it and still new to the rules and registration.

Now that I paid,How do I get the badge? Do I go to a special booth and pick it up when they day comes? Do I give them my name with a I.D? And do I need to have a special number with me that was given to me when I paid.

And about my sword. Its made of real metal but not sharp. I have the protective thing for it (I think its called a shelth or shelt?)
It has a sharp point but I don't mind putting it in the shelth/shelt for the 3 days.

Thank you.

ewu

The FAQ is a great place to look. You can print out that postcard and bring it to con when we post that you can print it out. With valid ID, you just register and pick up your badge.

Your sword will be "peace-bonded to you". Click ties will ensure that it stays in its sheath. It may also need to be peace bonded to your person. Check the weapons policy when it is posted online.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Runewitt

EDIT: DANG YOU EWU! and dang my cold, slow fingers.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

NO real metal weapons. Sorry, no exceptions.

Wood, plastic, and foil are some of the many alternatives that people seem to use.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ELDEMONIO

wHAT? HOW CAN IT BE? I said I can keep it in my shealth so can I do that and not pull it out?

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: ewu on January 26, 2009, 10:24:48 PM
procrastination FTW

Thanks. ;D

So I wait until they announce they have the badges ready right?

Thank you,your the best.:)

I hope to have a good time their.like I said,its my first time so I'm still nervouse.I'm going as Hiei so thats why I may need a sword.
I may go alone since EVERYONE I know hate Anime or don't know what it is. Going alone won't stop this "geeky" kid.
Crazy that I was with bad people 2 years ago and now I hang with 2 dudes.Its worth it as long as I can FINALLY be my true self.:)

ewu

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on January 27, 2009, 09:37:15 AM
wHAT? HOW CAN IT BE? I said I can keep it in my shealth so can I do that and not pull it out?

No, no live steel at con. in or out of the sheath.

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on January 27, 2009, 09:47:22 AM

Wait till the online postcards are availible for printout.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Are you asking why we have this policy? Because, people in the past have been irresponsible with their weapons.
It only takes one incident to ruin the fun for everyone. There have been several incidents in the past that the police have come out in force because of us...we don't want this to happen.

I said there was a no live steel rule, no exceptions. This includes peace-bonding the weapon so that you can't pull it out.

We are a little stricter on the rules here, because we want to be preventive rather than responsive (I.E. we rather an incident doesn't occur rather than having something occur and dealing with the consequences).

Before you ask why dealers can sell metal weapons, they can because the weapons are boxed up and put away after being sold, thus not in plain sight. CA also has a few rules about live steel being carried around in public (as well as how they are transported), so if you exit con with the weapon, your potentially going to have a run in with the police (Which we don't want to happen either because they will come back to Fanime to have a long talk...).

All in all, we make the rules for your safety and to avoid problems with local law enforcement. We also have to adhere to the laws that California and City of San Jose.

P.S. Having a sharp point metal sword out in public is generally a bad idea. Just saying.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

Quote from: ewu on January 27, 2009, 10:10:12 AM

No, no live steel at con. in or out of the sheath.

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on January 27, 2009, 09:47:22 AM

Wait till the online postcards are availible for printout.

Quote from: Steve.Young on January 27, 2009, 10:29:28 AM

Are you asking why we have this policy? Because, people in the past have been irresponsible with their weapons.
It only takes one incident to ruin the fun for everyone. There have been several incidents in the past that the police have come out in force because of us...we don't want this to happen.

I said there was a no live steel rule, no exceptions. This includes peace-bonding the weapon so that you can't pull it out.

We are a little stricter on the rules here, because we want to be preventive rather than responsive (I.E. we rather an incident doesn't occur rather than having something occur and dealing with the consequences).

Before you ask why dealers can sell metal weapons, they can because the weapons are boxed up and put away after being sold, thus not in plain sight. CA also has a few rules about live steel being carried around in public (as well as how they are transported), so if you exit con with the weapon, your potentially going to have a run in with the police (Which we don't want to happen either because they will come back to Fanime to have a long talk...).

All in all, we make the rules for your safety and to avoid problems with local law enforcement. We also have to adhere to the laws that California and City of San Jose.

P.S. Having a sharp point metal sword out in public is generally a bad idea. Just saying.

BOTH Quoted for emphasis.

Unfortunately NO LIVE Steel, sharp or not. Sheath or not.
Sorry, rules are rules. [in other words, there have been enough idiots/incidents in other Con that we're better safe than sorry on this one]

oh for the LOVE OF GOD please wear sometime of foot accessory [ as in shoes or sandles !!! ]

two of the most common sense rules of the Con [per the Rovers/Safety Crew]

No Shoes
No Steel [blades or otherwise]
or NO [Fanime]Con service.
period.

Otherwise please enjoy the con, kthnxby3
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ewu

Quote from: Jerry on January 27, 2009, 10:32:33 AM
No Shoes
period.

ooh i don't have to wear a shirt.....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jerry

Quote from: ewu on January 27, 2009, 10:43:48 AM
No Shoes
period.

Crap, I knew i forgot something, :P
OH! think of the children!!!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ewu

my man bosom is not that bad.....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: Steve.Young on January 27, 2009, 10:29:28 AM

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks. Like I said, I've never been to one so I'm not familiar with the rules.
Good thing I have a wooden sword as back up. :)

I guess tying the wooden sword with me would be simple.I'll just paint it black and make it look more real.

Kyra_Maverick

There are plenty of cons in other states that let you carry live steel as long as its peace bonded, but since California seems to be full of show-off idiots its best to not allow them at all.

Runewitt

Quote from: ewu on January 27, 2009, 10:43:48 AM
No Shoes
period.

What about pants?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on January 27, 2009, 07:30:23 PM
There are plenty of cons in other states that let you carry live steel as long as its peace bonded, but since California seems to be full of show-off idiots its best to not allow them at all.

Tue. We Californians are know to be crazy at times :-\
I'm not one of those idiots since getting kicked out of places is not my style. Plus, I wouln't want some dude poking me with a sharp sword too.