We all knew this was coming. People want to sue US airways.

Started by JTchinoy, January 27, 2009, 12:02:55 PM

JTchinoy

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2009-01-26-us-airways-river-crash_N.htm

By Gary Stoller, USA TODAY
Many US Airways (LCC) passengers who endured a crash landing in the Hudson River 12 days ago say they appreciate the $5,000 that the airline has offered — but some say it's not enough.
Joe Hart, a salesman from Charlotte who suffered a bloody nose and bruises, says he "would like to be made whole for the incident."

It's too soon after the accident to determine what emotional distress he has suffered, he says.

He's one of 150 passengers who were dramatically rescued Jan. 15, when the Charlotte-bound Airbus A320 jet safely ditched into the frigid river off Midtown Manhattan. A pilot on the plane told air-traffic controllers that birds struck the plane before both engines failed after takeoff from New York's LaGuardia Airport.

After the crash, US Airways sent passengers a letter of apology, a $5,000 check to assist "with immediate needs" and reimbursement for the ticket.
-----------------
God I hate America.  The American Dream: Sue somebody.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jerry

thats the american Dream:

to sue companies just so that you dont have to work for the rest of your life.

*sigh*
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

The fact is, its not even US Air's fault. You can't count on birds clogging the engine, if anything, sue the birds.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

jazmatazz

ew. i hope those morons don't get jack sh!t. the guy complaining about being whole w/ a bloody nose and whatever else, i would kick you, then you'd probably end up sueing nike for manufacturing the shoes that assisted in the assault. :P

good times, good times.

Amber Wells of Charlotte says she's so thankful to have survived and to be with her 9-month-old daughter, Rayley, that she hasn't had time to think about her belongings.

She says she lost $2,000 of nursing equipment and a laptop computer, as well as a checked bag and a carry-on bag.

"Everything that's gone can be replaced," says Wells, 34, a senior manager for NASCAR. "My life cannot be replaced."

at least she gets it though
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

otakuapprentice

they each got $5,000(even though some people probably did not have luggage that was even worth half that amount); the airline could have taken the other route and just refunded them all their plane tickets, but you want to sue after they decided to give you an easy 5 grand.......friggin' greedy a**holes.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

JTchinoy

Quote from: otakuapprentice on January 27, 2009, 08:28:01 PM
they each got $5,000(even though some people probably did not have luggage that was even worth half that amount); the airline could have taken the other route and just refunded them all their plane tickets, but you want to sue after they decided to give you an easy 5 grand.......friggin' greedy a**holes.
They'll also be compensated beyond the 5000 later on for items lost that exceed the $5000 value (important documents, laptops with important documents, etc.).  I can't believe people still want to sue, they're being treated very well.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Gatsby

That, sadly, is the American Way. Sue no matter what. It's all over TV already, "Have you or a loved one been inconvenienced in anyway by a big corporation? SUE NOW!" It's appalling. There is a need at times to sue, but these people are already being compensated. I may understand if someone was injured with life long impairments, but it doesn't sound like this guy is fitting the description. -_-

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JohnnyAR

Can't they just be thankful that they're alive? Damn this country...

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jun-Watarase

While I agree that it's irritating how selfish that guy specifically is in this situation, I don't think it's unjust to expect something to compensate after being in an accident with an airline.

Demanding a whole lot is selfish, but don't play this whole "Why can't they just be grateful for being alive?!" deal. I am fairly certain if any of you were in a crash, survived injured or not, and may have lost or damaged some of your possessions, you'd be feeling "Hey! I chose you guys out of all the airlines, and you've not only disappointed me, you delayed my trip, injured me, and made me lose my stuff!" And it is technically the airline's responsibility that you make it through your trip safely, whether or not it's technically the birds' fault.

A US Airways customer trying to milk a ton of money out of them doesn't exactly surprise me. Based off of reviews and testimonials, not even those on a budget even want to resort to them. Only true cheap-a**es take US Airways, by choice.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Steve.Young

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on January 28, 2009, 10:02:05 PM
While I agree that it's irritating how selfish that guy specifically is in this situation, I don't think it's unjust to expect something to compensate after being in an accident with an airline.

Demanding a whole lot is selfish, but don't play this whole "Why can't they just be grateful for being alive?!" deal. I am fairly certain if any of you were in a crash, survived injured or not, and may have lost or damaged some of your possessions, you'd be feeling "Hey! I chose you guys out of all the airlines, and you've not only disappointed me, you delayed my trip, injured me, and made me lose my stuff!" And it is technically the airline's responsibility that you make it through your trip safely, whether or not it's technically the birds' fault.

A US Airways customer trying to milk a ton of money out of them doesn't exactly surprise me. Based off of reviews and testimonials, not even those on a budget even want to resort to them. Only true cheap-a**es take US Airways, by choice.

This is already AFTER they cut everyone a check for 5,000 dollars each for "immediate expenses". They would have probably paid a little more. Suing however, is not the answer.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Steve.Young on January 28, 2009, 10:07:22 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on January 28, 2009, 10:02:05 PM

This is already AFTER they cut everyone a check for 5,000 dollars each for "immediate expenses". They would have probably paid a little more. Suing however, is not the answer.

Right, right. The fact that they already gave the involved passengers with $5k, and yet having someone demand more (unless he had a reason to complain moreso, other than being plain selfish, e.g. losing more than 5k worth of possessions.) is ridiculously selfish.

But I was more or less responding to the comments on how none of them should've received anything, or that they should simply be grateful that they're alive. Suing US Airways just because they want more cash than what is already offered is ridiculous, but expecting something to compensate at all, is not.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X