WonderCon Anyone?

Started by codex biblio, January 30, 2009, 09:51:30 PM

codex biblio

Just found out I'll be at WonderCon, but only for Saturday. Anyone else going this year?

Yukari Kaiba

I'm planning on being there just for Saturday too. Was going to go to masquerade, but theres a chance I might be going to Video Games Live back over in Oakland so I'll probably leave the con early for that.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

RyuHayabusa

I'll be there saturday as well.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Raymei

I'll be there Friday or Saturday, more likely Saturday since Friday they usually need me to open the bar.  :P

Jerry

its been mentioned several times in other threads.... bout time someone started a gatherings thread that IS NOT ME :D

I'll probably be there Saturday too. :P

if anyone wants to make an acquaintance of my awesome-ness, hit me up for my contact info.

its always an adventure when your out and about.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

codex biblio

Are any of you interested in meeting up Saturday afternoon? I'm available after 1:30pm. It's my first WonderCon (and Fanime), so I'd love to pick the brains of any veterans who are available.

Feel free to PM me or post suggestions.

rude32

I'll hopefully be going on Saturday as well. We should have a BART party or something on the way there.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

ultramangaia

I`ll be there saturday and mybe sunday. The media and movie related panal is were I send most of the day and 2 or so hours walking the dealers room. Hope to get free movie swag.I`ll probley  get up there on Bart between 9am-9:30.

lyricaldanichan

Also going on Saturday and hopefully there will be no drama with the security letting people
in early with pro passes :P

Anybody gonna setup a meet time?

codex biblio

I'm stuck in panel until 12:30. That's why I want to meet in the afternoon. I'm supposed to get more info at work in the next few days.

I've never been to WonderCon and I don't see this year's program guide online yet. Would an afternoon meet-up be intruding on too many panels/signings/events?

lyricaldanichan

Kinda strange that they haven't annouced anything more since the con is at the end of this month.  I would say let's all meet up between 2:30-3:00 pm either in front of the Dealer's Room or the 1st floor where they have the hang out area with the over-view.

For people who couldn't find their website, here it is:
http://www.comic-con.org/wc/

Quote from: codex biblio on February 01, 2009, 07:09:16 PM
I'm stuck in panel until 12:30. That's why I want to meet in the afternoon. I'm supposed to get more info at work in the next few days.

I've never been to WonderCon and I don't see this year's program guide online yet. Would an afternoon meet-up be intruding on too many panels/signings/events?

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on January 31, 2009, 12:56:45 AM

yay! Ryu! its great your going to be there cause i think my other friend wants to meet you. (raddaX2) he says your a legend!?  ::)
but anywho..ryu that link you gave me from the aki fest.its not working. i can't get to it anymore!  :-X
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

codex biblio

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on February 01, 2009, 07:44:49 PM
I would say let's all meet up between 2:30-3:00 pm either in front of the Dealer's Room or the 1st floor where they have the hang out area with the over-view.

Would in front of the Dealer's Room be ok? I get lost easily and really need an easy landmark. And 2:30pm-3pm sounds perfect. Gives me time to find my bearings. Hope to meet some of you.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on February 01, 2009, 07:44:49 PM

Kinda strange that they haven't annouced anything more since the con is at the end of this month.  I would say let's all meet up between 2:30-3:00 pm either in front of the Dealer's Room or the 1st floor where they have the hang out area with the over-view.

For people who couldn't find their website, here it is:
http://www.comic-con.org/wc/

Quote from: codex biblio on February 01, 2009, 07:09:16 PM

I'm ok with that. 2:30 p.m sounds good.

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on February 01, 2009, 08:26:48 PM
Quote from: RyuHayabusa on January 31, 2009, 12:56:45 AM

yay! Ryu! its great your going to be there cause i think my other friend wants to meet you. (raddaX2) he says your a legend!?  ::)
but anywho..ryu that link you gave me from the aki fest.its not working. i can't get to it anymore!  :-X

They should be working. My photobucket account still works. Well, I hope to see you there and I would like to meet your friend too :3 send me a pm when you can.

rude32

I'm down with anytime as a gathering, since I'll hopefully be there the whole day.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

lyricaldanichan

There is a cafe area with tables that is in front of the dealer's room, perhaps just meet there between 2:30-3pm.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on February 02, 2009, 10:41:34 PM
There is a cafe area with tables that is in front of the dealer's room, perhaps just meet there between 2:30-3pm.

Ok, I'll be there. :3

short_storiesgl

Ima go just let me know people! PM me!
Dance Staff Second

Kandybar

I'll be around on Saturday too.  I've got nothing planned except the Masquerade, so whenever's fine with me.

codex biblio

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on February 02, 2009, 10:41:34 PM

That sounds perfect. I'll be there. Thanks for setting it up. Looking forward to meeting people.