Started by codex biblio, January 30, 2009, 09:51:30 PM

Runewitt

i might be there on saturday
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Jerry

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on February 25, 2009, 08:11:45 PM
Will be going on Sunday.

OMGOMGOMG SO PSYCHED. I just looked at the schedule and Chuck and Sarah Connor Chronicles' stars are gonna be there. :O!!!!

Hehe.... :D

Nice. Too bad there's strong possibilities I wont be going anymore. Those shows are AWESOME... too bad no one from HEROES is going to show up. Boo on them. :P

I already saw their panels last year @ Comic Con. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Jerry on February 26, 2009, 10:01:39 AM
Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on February 25, 2009, 08:11:45 PM
Will be going on Sunday.

OMGOMGOMG SO PSYCHED. I just looked at the schedule and Chuck and Sarah Connor Chronicles' stars are gonna be there. :O!!!!

Hehe.... :D

Nice. Too bad there's strong possibilities I wont be going anymore. Those shows are AWESOME... too bad no one from HEROES is going to show up. Boo on them. :P

I already saw their panels last year @ Comic Con. :P
Boo. D: I wanna go to Comic Con too....
Urrg, I hope I go to college in So Cal.. =.=

But the only person I care for from Heroes are Hiro and Parkman. :D
Everyone else is eh~
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Raymei

Nice. Too bad there's strong possibilities I wont be going anymore.

Oi, tell me about it.
I'm still trying to decide if I should or give my ticket to someone.  I really can't afford to do something like this right now  (even if I don't buy anything, going out to the city costs money that I really don't have right now  @.@;;;; )
I'll probably go since I took the day off for it and have my ticket, but damn....  I'm going to feel SUPER guilty either way.

Kazuko

Quote from: Raymei on February 27, 2009, 04:59:54 PM
Nice. Too bad there's strong possibilities I wont be going anymore.

Oi, tell me about it.
I'm still trying to decide if I should or give my ticket to someone.  I really can't afford to do something like this right now  (even if I don't buy anything, going out to the city costs money that I really don't have right now  @.@;;;; )
I'll probably go since I took the day off for it and have my ticket, but damn....  I'm going to feel SUPER guilty either way.
if its for sunday ~O: I would gladly take it off your hands w

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'll be at WonderCon on SUNDAY. Just look for the tall person with natural red hair in the pink dress ^_^

Raymei

It was yesterday, I ended up going, but we spent a lot of the time looking for our chronically-missing friend, Josh  T_T   At one point my friend Kat hoisted me up on her shoulders so I could try calling across the crowds for him and someone from SFStation.com took our picture   lol   Hope to find that one.

anyway!
Sorry I didn't make it to the meet-up, but I honestly couldn't tell where the spot to meet was  o.o;;;;;  this was my first time at Wondercon.
Had a blast, pictures will be here (very few right now because I have to upload mine):
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=18177042&albumId=2675503

lyricaldanichan

Went yesterday and forgot that the meetup was at 2:30 :P Was in the Star Trek panel at 2 which was a pain to find seats. A lot of people probably 20-22k in that day alone. I hope people were bying instead of looking, I ended up buying more t-shirts then alt comix this year!

Hakaru_chan

i went to the gathering on saturday at about 2:45pm and i thought maybe i had gotten there just a tad too late. but instead.. i waited there for about 30 minutes and i duno... NO ONE SHOWED  :'(

hmm maybe i was just standing there and there were people there but i couldn't tell who they were or whatever..
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Runewitt

i ended up taking my nephew to monsterjam yesterday, thought about going today, but decided.. it was raining.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Kazuko

I was there today c: It was awesome, EG Dally talked to my sister on the phone as tommy pickles it was so cute c: and I also met Vyxin and Kristin from the amazing race x) they all complimented my friends and I we got asked for photos c: since my friend sarah and I were in Lolita and sarahs friend winny was a decogal. We did the free picture thing since the two guys there wanted the three of us to do it. We also passed out some tiny flyers for our friend winny's store called skinnywinny c: its a cute site check it

but duuude to see the voice actor who did fern from charolettes web (the cartoon version) was flipping amazing! sefdgd I nearly died meeting her and EG also the girl who did jimmy neutron *O*

SOawesomeness

(: I met Adam Baldwin from Chuck and got to see the cast at the Q+A, then saw a few other cast members from Sarah Connor Chronicles. I saw Vyxin and Kristin, but decided not to say anything.

Got an autograph from Adam, walked around. Then went to Haight St, ate tacos, walked around, came back home.

(: It was fun today.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Amelia Seyruun

Wow, I haven't logged back in the forums since last year. o_o 

I just got back from WonderCon, but I don't plan on going anymore in the future. 

"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

lyricaldanichan

Was it me or was this years WonderCon just too overwhelming? It just seemed like the hired security was overwhelmed as well or they are like that with every event at the Moscone..?

SOawesomeness

From what I saw last year, there were the same amount of Moscone staff. Not sure about the security, though...

But they had a lot more "famous people" this year than last. o:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

RyuHayabusa

Here are my pics from the con:

WonderCon 2009 Pictures/

Oh man, that con was amazing, fun and at the same time, tiring and overwhelming, but it was so worth it. I may go to this as part of my con season from now on, but I gotta agree with Lyricaldanichan, that there was too much stuff going on and it felt overwhelming. At least the masquerade ran about an hour and everything was neat and organized.  and I hope that that next year, it moves from the Moscone Center south to at least a bigger part of the Moscone Con Center.

Anyway, I had fun seeing people and now onto either SFCBf or Tales of Anime if it happens this year. Good warmup for Fanime in general. I saw a lot of good costumes and the ones that won their major awards, specially the G.I Joe group, Godzilla and Predator cosplayers, their trophies are well deserved. I'll see ya guys later.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Jerry

this is what i get for getting stuck at the SF4 [pwning noobs panel] then I ended up catching SF: legend of Chun Li movie...
Not a horrible movie, but thankfully not as lame as the Van Damme one even tho it has some terrible plot wholes.

and yah, theyre setting up for a lame[er?] sequel.

Hope the rest of you guys and ladies had fun at Wonder Con. I did.
and then I randomly went to Vegas on Sunday. :P
Go Figure.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Jerry on March 02, 2009, 08:52:59 AM
this is what i get for getting stuck at the SF4 [pwning noobs panel] then I ended up catching SF: legend of Chun Li movie...
Not a horrible movie, but thankfully not as lame as the Van Damme one even tho it has some terrible plot wholes.

and yah, theyre setting up for a lame[er?] sequel.

Hope the rest of you guys and ladies had fun at Wonder Con. I did.
and then I randomly went to Vegas on Sunday. :P
Go Figure.
Yea, about the Vegas trip....I would've gone, but I asked too many questions and ended up digging my own grave, so to speak. Maybe next time....
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

ultramangaia

I had fun, bought some nice anime figures and shirt,saw some movie stars and directors.There were too many people there.It seems that this con keeps growing alot from year to year.I`ve coming to Wondercon since the early 90`s.Well thats 1 con down 3 or 4 to go for this year.

codex biblio

Ugh. Sorry about not making the meet-up time. I kept running into work-related people and got side tracked a few times until it was too late.

But did enjoy the convention. Though, trying to navigate the Exhibit Hall at lunch time was not a good idea! Best part was seeing the group of Teen Titans cross paths with Storm and Phoenix from X-Men. Wish I had a camera.

It was very crowded on Saturday. Does anyone know what they were giving out at the DC booth? By the time I got there, it was totally cleared out. I'm assuming it was something Watchmen related.