Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival

Started by Dorimon, January 30, 2009, 10:42:22 PM

RyuHayabusa

@Jerry: you could always go on the 19th ya know.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

j9isawesome

Quote from: Jerry on April 10, 2009, 08:45:28 AM
OMFG -

if you havent heard: http://www.nccbf.org/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=1
George Takei - is going to be the Grand Marshall of this years CBF parade.

WOW - Serious enthusiasm  :D

Okay, i have to admit, if it wasnt for the fact that I'm having a gathering. I'd totally go. :P

Sulu is da BOMB!
?
You do realize that the tshirt gathering is on Saturday and that George Takei will be at the parade on Sunday, right? Although I thought Steven mentioned that there was going to be some fanime staff meeting thing at your house on Sunday, so maybe you're still not able to go?
Formerly known as Felicity869

lyricaldanichan

Yup, I personally thrilled that he is going to be the GM. I could listen to his voice for days.. Oh my!

OMFG -

if you havent heard: http://www.nccbf.org/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=1

Okay, i have to admit, if it wasnt for the fact that I'm having a gathering. I'd totally go. :P

Sulu is da BOMB!

Shinsengumi

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on April 10, 2009, 08:36:53 PM
Yup, I personally thrilled that he is going to be the GM. I could listen to his voice for days.. Oh my!

OMFG -

Sulu is da BOMB!

HELL YEAH!!! I'm gonna go to see him ;D
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

kollunz

seeing sulu is probably the only reason that I would go... or if I get friends to go with >_>
doot

Jerry

Quote from: j9isawesome on April 10, 2009, 03:13:01 PM
OMFG -

Sulu is da BOMB!
?
You do realize that the tshirt gathering is on Saturday and that George Takei will be at the parade on Sunday, right? Although I thought Steven mentioned that there was going to be some fanime staff meeting thing at your house on Sunday, so maybe you're still not able to go?

Yes, i have a staff meetings all day on Sunday.

Someone give a very GAY hug to Sulu for me and say hi to his beam-me-up husband. :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Liquid

Eh, the people I invited to go all suck...So guess I won't be going after all, because going alone is terribly boring.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

venka21

Maybe any one who's up in the concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut creek and the area we can arrange a car pool going or go as a group via bart. That way fanime people can have meet up and we can all go do something anime related
Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.

Liquid

That sounds like a good idea. Sadly, if I were to go I would have to go Saturday miss the best day (Sunday) because I will be attending a staff meeting that day.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: Shinsengumi on April 11, 2009, 01:59:55 AM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on April 10, 2009, 08:36:53 PM

OMFG -

Sulu is da BOMB!

HELL YEAH!!! I'm gonna go to see him ;D

wait who is this guy? really.... i don't know.. but yea... his face showing up on this thing all big like this kinda scares me... ^ - ^*

:D going on the 19th. going to in the parade with my prinny friend. anyone from the 707, am can region whose going and would like to meet up with the two of us, you're more than welcome ^ - ^ (we'll be taking car to bart (el cerrito del norte then civic center)
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Oniko

What time is the parade?  I say for those not in costume we met up for lunch and then go watch together.    Anyone up for it?
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

kollunz

Me! Though I'm trying to get some of my friends to come right now...
doot

Oniko

awesome the parade is from 1:00 to 3:00 meaning we'd probably have to eat lunch at around 11am or we can eat after.  Which would you all perfer?
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Oniko on April 16, 2009, 09:50:37 AM
awesome the parade is from 1:00 to 3:00 meaning we'd probably have to eat lunch at around 11am or we can eat after.  Which would you all perfer?

You'll be in Jtown right? I'll be in downtown getting ready for the parade since I'll be walking the parade route. We could meet up for lunch in downtown before the parade...dunno what though lol

Oniko

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on April 16, 2009, 11:25:24 AM

You'll be in Jtown right? I'll be in downtown getting ready for the parade since I'll be walking the parade route. We could meet up for lunch in downtown before the parade...dunno what though lol

I dunno maybe that place we al went to last time.  Will you be able to have lunch and get all the way to the civic center in time?
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Jerry

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on April 15, 2009, 08:01:41 PM

wait who is this guy? really.... i don't know.. but yea... his face showing up on this thing all big like this kinda scares me... ^ - ^*

:D going on the 19th. going to in the parade with my prinny friend. anyone from the 707, am can region whose going and would like to meet up with the two of us, you're more than welcome ^ - ^ (we'll be taking car to bart (el cerrito del norte then civic center)

Wow. just wow. you epically fail.

but in hindsight he was way before your time.

He's best known for playing Hikaru Sulu in the 70's original Star Trek.
Gay rights activities and all around really cool guy.

[Because he also played Hiro's Dad in the Tv Series "HEROES" ]

and theres something called google. use it people. :P

that plus is bio was on the CBF sight. he's the grand Marshall of the parade. is it me or you werent paying attention the website at all and just going

Oh, im gonna be a cosplayer cuz im cool like that.

*eye roll* sigh... u silly cosplayers.

* walks away *
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

rude32

Quote from: Jerry on April 16, 2009, 04:52:26 PM
Quote from: Hakaru_chan on April 15, 2009, 08:01:41 PM

Wow. just wow. you epically fail.

but in hindsight he was way before your time.

He's best known for playing Hikaru Sulu in the 70's original Star Trek.
Gay rights activities and all around really cool guy.

[Because he also played Hiro's Dad in the Tv Series "HEROES" ]

and theres something called google. use it people. :P

that plus is bio was on the CBF sight. he's the grand Marshall of the parade. is it me or you werent paying attention the website at all and just going

Oh, im gonna be a cosplayer cuz im cool like that.

*eye roll* sigh... u silly cosplayers.

* walks away *
He's also the announcer for the Howard Stern Show. I love it when they have him on.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

konataFTW

oh it seems I didn't mention but....

SULU ROOOOOOOOOCKS!!!

I dunno why but he does... no offense but for someone old, his skills in Heroes are awesome -^-!!!

(Hiro in heroes doesn't look that japanese now that you mentioned him XD)

although I had no idea he was in star trek :P
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Oniko on April 16, 2009, 02:52:26 PM
Quote from: RyuHayabusa on April 16, 2009, 11:25:24 AM

I dunno maybe that place we al went to last time.  Will you be able to have lunch and get all the way to the civic center in time?

if i get up there early, I guess we can do it. I mean, it takes a 30 min walk back towards the civic center lol. I'll keep you updated. just im me on aim so we can talk about it some more.

j9isawesome

I'll be there on Sunday and be free up until noon. So if you guys did want to grab grub around 11 then I'd be down for that.
Formerly known as Felicity869