Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival

Started by Dorimon, January 30, 2009, 10:42:22 PM

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: rude32 on April 16, 2009, 05:06:15 PM
Quote from: Jerry on April 16, 2009, 04:52:26 PM
Quote from: Hakaru_chan on April 15, 2009, 08:01:41 PM

wait who is this guy? really.... i don't know.. but yea... his face showing up on this thing all big like this kinda scares me... ^ - ^*

:D going on the 19th. going to in the parade with my prinny friend. anyone from the 707, am can region whose going and would like to meet up with the two of us, you're more than welcome ^ - ^ (we'll be taking car to bart (el cerrito del norte then civic center)

Wow. just wow. you epically fail.

but in hindsight he was way before your time.

He's best known for playing Hikaru Sulu in the 70's original Star Trek.
Gay rights activities and all around really cool guy.

[Because he also played Hiro's Dad in the Tv Series "HEROES" ]

and theres something called google. use it people. :P

that plus is bio was on the CBF sight. he's the grand Marshall of the parade. is it me or you werent paying attention the website at all and just going

Oh, im gonna be a cosplayer cuz im cool like that.

*eye roll* sigh... u silly cosplayers.

* walks away *
He's also the announcer for the Howard Stern Show. I love it when they have him on.

wahh i did fail  :o but yea ima google it right now. thanks for the explanation! cuz i is cool like that haha  :-X
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

narutofan17

I just found out about it yesterday from my friend. I would dress up or cosplay but I it's way too last minute. BUT, I am down to drink. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

AnimeEmperor

Shinsengumi

See you guys on Saturday and Sunday, I'll be cosplay as either Shinsengumi Hajime Saito from Rurouni Kenshin or Hijikata Toshizo from Peacemaker Kurogane.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Oniko

ok so 11am on Sunday we are meeting over by the resturant entrance of the mall.  I'll be wearing some brown cat ears for those that dont know me
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Hakaru_chan

questions real quick.

i have never been in the parade before. this is my first time. i know where we're supposed to meet up/end and stuff but...

if you have like bags/purses/stuff, where do we put it before we march? im pretty sure we're not supposed to carry extra stuff while we're on display.

maybe the best thing is to have a another friend whose watching start and end with you on the sidewalk so they can carry your stuff?   
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

kgHapa

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on April 18, 2009, 09:40:54 AM
questions real quick.

i have never been in the parade before. this is my first time. i know where we're supposed to meet up/end and stuff but...

if you have like bags/purses/stuff, where do we put it before we march? im pretty sure we're not supposed to carry extra stuff while we're on display.

maybe the best thing is to have a another friend whose watching start and end with you on the sidewalk so they can carry your stuff?   
This is my first time going as well tomorrow, so if you find out the answers to any of the above, haha please let me know. Especially the purse part, I really need to know that  ;D

Kiara

questions real quick.

In past years, the cosplayers have just carried their stuff. If you don't want to carry your stuff, then getting someone not in the parade to carry it is a great idea, I did that last year. But I don't believe there's a rule against it. At least, there never has been in the past.

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

j9isawesome

Quote from: Oniko on April 18, 2009, 09:12:20 AM
ok so 11am on Sunday we are meeting over by the resturant entrance of the mall.  I'll be wearing some brown cat ears for those that dont know me
Sorry to be a pain but I'm not too familar with Japantown...which building is considered "the mall" and which part is the resturant entrance?

I'll be there at 11, as long as I can figure out where "there" is, fail. I'll be all decked out in pink sweet lolita: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/j9isawesome/shirt%20alter/045.jpg

questions real quick.

Usually you'd just carry your stuff, best idea is to have a bag/purse that matched your costume. If you've got friends not in the parade that could carry your stuff that sounds easiest.
Formerly known as Felicity869

konataFTW

I can't believe my cosplay won't come until the 20TH!!!! I have to wear the Sakura cosplay for Fanime tomorrow T^T and my Tomoyo will have to switch from Tomoyo to Sailor Mars -_______-
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Oniko

from looking at your map j9isawesome it's the red building and the entrance faces the plaza
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Mr. Wendell

See you all hopefully at the parade.  I will be at City Hall helping with the contest, and will walk the parade route to JapanTown where I will announce the winners.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

j9isawesome

I super failed at waking up on time this morning. Just left San Jose. So I'll prob miss meeting up with you guys. Sorry
Formerly known as Felicity869

Eurobeat King

It was good to see familiar faces today at CBFP, and even though the heat was pretty unbearable, everyone (for the most) had a good time, and I got a lot of pictures.  I've started to post them here:

EBK: Cherry Blossom Festival Parade 2009 Cosplay Pictures

I'll post as many as I can tonight but will continue tomorrow night after work.  Enjoy!  :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

RyuHayabusa

Mine is a work in progress:

SF Cherry Blossom Festival 2009

I'll be uploading the rest of the pics tomorrow, cause I'm hella tired and I need sleep. It was fun seeing everyone again, the costumes kicked ass as always and despite the heat and dehydration, it was worth every moment. Props to you guys and props to the winners. I will be posting better pics on my Facebook account, and you can use the pics in my photobucket account for your own personal jui...use I mean..sheesh, being thirsty makes you think of juice lol. The warm up for Fanime is over, I'm ready for Fanime :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Jerry

Cool, pics.

anyone have any of Capt. Sulu?

I mean Grand Marshall George Takei ?

yes yes. about 33 days and counting down til fanime. Woot.

time for your cosplayers, and procrastinators to get into semi high gear :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Oniko

08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

OniCourseMusha

FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

bayanime.com

Our photographer took a lot of cosplay photos and got some great pics of the parade... including Sulu!  ;D

http://bayanime.com/2009/04/20/sf-cherry-blossom-festival-2009-photo-report/

Ayanami Rei First Child