Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival

Started by Dorimon, January 30, 2009, 10:42:22 PM

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on February 19, 2009, 12:39:39 AM
Sure if I lived in the Bay Area. ;-)

Quote from: Dorimon on February 11, 2009, 11:53:05 PM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on February 08, 2009, 11:57:25 PM
Looks like I am gonna check out the 2nd Saturday of the Festival. Hopefully parking will not be too horrid this year. 
Well then all you need to do is stay with someone who lives in the area or something? O.o;

bayanime.com

I just updated our site with more cosplay activity info at the Cherry Blossom Festival:

http://bayanime.com/register-for-the-cherry-blossom-festival-cosplay-contest-and-parade-19-apr-09/

Seeking cosplayers for a musical performance/talent show event after the parade. Anyone interested?

Anyway I'll probably be there taking pictures on parade day.

ININ

Quote from: Chloe on February 08, 2009, 02:06:15 PM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on January 31, 2009, 08:47:29 PM
I'll be at the festival too, though only on Sunday of the parade (participating in the costume contest).

Hells yeah we're going to be there.  Our name is on that damn float. lol.

I'm attending on parade day.  I'm cheering both of you to make the float =)

kimu

No contest this year (I'll be sure I have something for next year!), but I'll cheer on others and walk in the parade.
I'm planning to wear my Ukitake cosplay.

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

ahyoung

Wow, sounds like fun :), will there be more information about locations and stuff when it comes nearer the time of the festival?

Amelia Seyruun

I'll be at Sakura-Con.  :-\

Have fun, though!

Wait a minute!  It's happening on two weekends?  I wasn't aware of that!  :o

Okay, so I can make it to the one on April 18th!  I just can't make it to the one on April 11th because I'll be at Sakura-Con.  XDDDDDDDDDD; 

I dunno if I'll be joining in the parade without being in cosplay, though.
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

ultramangaia

Quote from: ahyoung on March 04, 2009, 11:27:50 PM
Wow, sounds like fun :), will there be more information about locations and stuff when it comes nearer the time of the festival?

Here`s the info about the festival: http://bayanime.com/northern-california-cherry-blossom-festival-sf-japantown-april-11-12-18-19-2009/

*rei*

I really want to try to make it for the grand parade! Maybe this time I'll dress up in a kimono or cosplay!
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

OniCourseMusha

Definately gonna go again and join the parade! Anyone would like to hang out wit our peeps?
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

LordMoufMouf

I'll be there on Sunday as Sebastian. I much prefer to watch the parade rather than walk in it...

konataFTW

Hi hi!!

I'll be going as Sakura from CCS for the parade BUT!

I have a question...

what will be happening on the 11th, 12th, 18th? I read something about a kimono so I imagined a bit of like a Summer Festival with games/fireworks/shaved ice? sorry otaku moment there lol
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: konataFTW on March 15, 2009, 09:35:14 PM
Hi hi!!

I'll be going as Sakura from CCS for the parade BUT!

I have a question...

what will be happening on the 11th, 12th, 18th? I read something about a kimono so I imagined a bit of like a Summer Festival with games/fireworks/shaved ice? sorry otaku moment there lol

The 1st weekend of the CBF is pretty much busy, I should say, but the main event happens on the 18th which is the grand parade, which they do a parade route with floats and people walking in it. I go to both weekends just to go hang out in jtown, socialize and buy stuff lol. It's definitely worth the trip.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

konataFTW

eeeeeeeeeh?!

so the parade is on the 18th? I thought it was the 19th? -_____-

hehe ok... you don't really have to dress u for the 11th-12th right? or are sme of you gunna cosplay/wear a kimono? :0

Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

j9isawesome

Quote from: konataFTW on March 16, 2009, 03:32:33 PM
eeeeeeeeeh?!

so the parade is on the 18th? I thought it was the 19th? -_____-

hehe ok... you don't really have to dress u for the 11th-12th right? or are sme of you gunna cosplay/wear a kimono? :0

Kimonos are pretty popular any day of the festival. Cosplaying is usually only on parade day. You never have to dress up though, it's just if you want to. The website does say that the parade is on Sunday the 19th, is that not correct?
Formerly known as Felicity869

konataFTW

yahoo yahoo kimono kimono!!!

an excuse to wear my kimono xDD

yea I do believe it's the 19th so I was a lil mixed up whn RyuHayabusa sai it was on the 18th >_<

but I hope to see you guys there wooot xD
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

otakuapprentice

I might go and I might not; it depends on what I plan beforehand.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Oniko

should have a gathering of people in the parade to meet up and a gathering that is waiting around to cheer.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Touya no Miko

I might go there on Sunday the 19th, since it's going to be on my 21st birthday.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Kiara

WOOT, my first fanime post....I've been lurking in the threads for WEEKS, and finally made an account. Anyways, I'll be attending both saturday AND sunday. I'll be in the parade sunday....just look for the REALLY shiny golden armor type costume....yeah. shinyness....

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.