Industry Guests

Started by Sheepy, February 02, 2009, 08:56:14 PM

Loreax

I didn't necessarily mean bring them all the way here.

Toki

NYPC :D

Voice acting, yo.

dealerJason

I think we have to work better with panels to advertise such panels as the ATLUS, EA, 1up panel we had last year.  When I saw that on the schedule, I was very excited that we had a presence.  However, I was mortified that fans did not show up to support the panel and industry guests.

Once we can get the schedule out to you earlier, fans can spot such panels early and support them by showing up.  We may suffer the ripple effect of 4 people showing up for an industry panel at Fanime for a couple of more years.  Word spreads when industry makes the effort to show, but no one cares to show up.
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: dealerJason on June 09, 2009, 10:56:34 PM
I think we have to work better with panels to advertise such panels as the ATLUS, EA, 1up panel we had last year.  When I saw that on the schedule, I was very excited that we had a presence.  However, I was mortified that fans did not show up to support the panel and industry guests.

Once we can get the schedule out to you earlier, fans can spot such panels early and support them by showing up.  We may suffer the ripple effect of 4 people showing up for an industry panel at Fanime for a couple of more years.  Word spreads when industry makes the effort to show, but no one cares to show up.

That panel was like 3 years ago Jason... wwwwwwwwww

Zero_Kirby

slifertheskydragon

maybe a rep from Konami? (bandai and konami have booths at acen and other big cons i found... )

PyronIkari

Quote from: slifertheskydragon on July 15, 2009, 03:23:58 AM
maybe a rep from Konami? (bandai and konami have booths at acen and other big cons i found... )

And once more I ask, Why?

Why would you want these people to come and what ywould you want to get out of a panel from them?

Atlus had a panel at AX two years ago, and it was horrible (I'm an ex-atus employee and my friends at Atlus felt that it was a waste of time. They got a bunch of horrible questions that could be answered using basic research on the web or questions that are confidential.

While it's nice you want to see and support industry, once more, I ask "why would you want these people to come".

The only thing I can think of, is different stories that they have in the industry, but really, a lot of that is confidential to share. It's very unprofessional to share stories concerning other companies/people without their consent and all. Also, at this point, it no longer becomes an "industry panel" but instead a personal panel.

This was what I tried to do years ago, and no one showed up. A personal panel with people from the industry, where people could ask about experiences and stuff without actually drawing a line of industry.

It's really tricky to deal with because of lines drawn all over the place.

Something else to keep in mind, is that almost all the major "anime" game companies in the US don't really produce, they are merely localization companies and have very little say in what comes out. They take already made games, translate, localize and release them in the states, they don't make them. So getting "interesting" industry guest is quite difficult, because you'd be aiming towards the JP industry guessts, which is incredibly difficult since they as well as cons rarely think it's worth bringing them over.

Itagaki came to AX this year, I think he's the closest a con has gotten to having a video game industry personal worth getting for a panel. His panel failed though, because everything he was asked almost was so horrible.

slifertheskydragon

Quote from: slifertheskydragon on July 15, 2009, 03:23:58 AM

konami had amazing booths at comic con and indy-con, it was really for the gamers and fans- as for panels, they sponsor quite a few animes, and even then they could talk about upcoming video games like a new metal gear solid, or something you know?

i mean it's awesome the industry ones we have now, but i've been seeing funimations everywhere... (though they're right to be everywhere- they're doing a LOT with anime right now! )

BloodRayne

[
I hope I'm posting in the right forum, I messed up last time.  :-\

Here's my list:

D.C. Douglas
Roger Craig Smith
Alyson Court
Paul Mercier

Sorry, I'm a big Resident Evil fan, & I'm very excited for the Darkside Chronicles & Alternative Edition of RE5.
I missed Sacanime where Roger, Alyson, & Paul were at.
Haven't met them yet, and same with Douglas.  8)
/b]

sonicspin

KyoAni
SHAFT
J.C. Staff

It'll be awesome to have any of those animation studio's there. Also, if we're speaking specific people, I'd love to see Akiyuki Shinbou, or Hosoda Mamoru.

Itashasama

Hello fellow Otaku,

My name is Itashasama. I'm the leader of Team LoveHATE and I NEED YUOR HELP!!!.

We bring eastern Itasha to the western shores. I have the world's first G35 Itasha that has been featured on DannyChoo and Run Around Kazu and has received responses from all over the world. We will be changing the G35 to be the 1st BLACK ROCK SHOOTER itasha and we will have a BURST ANGEL Toyota Matrix and a FF XII 350Z done by May. We showed at SacAnime last summer and all everyone could tell me is that I NEED TO BE AT FANIME!!! I have been trying since Halloween to contact Fanime/Anime Resource Group to no avail.

Soooo... this is yet another atempt to illicit a response from, you, the fans and the Gods in the FanimeCan Pantheon. If anyone knows how to get a hold of the head hocheetos, I hope it would be here. We showed in the San Jose Convention center last summer as well and know of all the rules and regulations regarding the showing and keeping of a vehicle within the center overnight.

Very few people have seen an Itasha in real life. We at team Lovehate would LOOOOOVE to share this with you all!!!
So please comment or reply if you want to help us get there. Oh, here's some pics btw.
A little... eroge anyone?

Who doesn't love Helsing?!?

Did i mention it lights up at night?

New project....350z
FANS!!! Help us get into FanimeCon 2010!!!
We want to bring our Itasha to YOU!!!

PyronIkari

K' I'm not official or anything with this. But, I talk to staff all the time, and they actually will want to get in contact with you.

E-mail gary at fanime dot com and tell him your story and provide pictures and needs/requests and what you want to provide for Fanime itself. Please try to mail him by friday, as this is something that needs to be addressed ASAP for a couple of reasons.

Also, may I ask if you keep it at that and continue any further discussion through the e-mail channel as I guess this can be considered official fanime business now and should be kept off of the forums.

ladyvoid

invite viz and have them do a portfilio review session, since they're accepting american comic book artists now.  :)

yumicchi88

Aniplex, Square Enix, GEAnimation?, Disney.
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!