Finally: Someone said the truth!

Started by Steve.Young, February 03, 2009, 07:11:15 PM

Steve.Young

Twilight sucks

Good game, thanks. Someone had the balls to say it.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

potatofreek

...I agree.

Stephanie Meyer can't write.
Potatoes Rule the World.
Deal with it.

Steve.Young

She has ruined the entire genre for me.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

XpHoBiaX

LOL I still don't know what this Twilight stuff is all about. O_o I don't really care. Although I did think it was just something Hot Topic came up with to boost sales. ;>.>

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

BrightHeart76

Gotta agree that Twilight is not my favorite book.  But to be completely honest I can't stand Stephen King either.  In my mind Stephen King saying Twilight sucks is seriously the pot calling the kettle black. 

However, if it gets people to read who cares?  It's not like any one is actually going to get dumber for reading it, hopefully they'll just look for a better book to read next time. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

XpHoBiaX

I think if Katie McAlister wrote Twilight...it'd rock. XD I dunno. I was reccomended to read a book by her and I loved her style so much that I bought a few more and wasn't disapointed.

I'm not into the Vampire phase at all anymore. That, and a lot of it is usually directed at teens and tweens. I am sure it's not intended, becuase any vampire story can be picked up by anyone and enjoyed. It just seems Vampires catch the attention of mostly younger crowds. It's sort of cliche, and  they either get uglier or more unbelievable.

But I haven't read Twilight, nor do I care too.(Although, if given the opportunity I may check it out)  I am basing my assumption off every vampire book I have read and every movie I went to see. I used to read, study and watch documentories on that. I wanted to be a vampire XD And had fangs and everything. lol (mind you I was 12 then....XD)

2010 cosplay...?

Jun-Watarase

Haha, man. I remember when I was 15 or so, found this book in Barnes and Nobel on display while it was still relatively new. And even then, I thought "Who reads this sh*t?" after reading through most of the first book.

Then the sequels kept popping up on the same display shelf, and every time we came to the store, I felt the compelling need to say to the person I'd be with at the time, "This series is such crap. Why is it always on display?"

... and as time went on, more sequels were released, and at this point it became "I hate this series."

Then it becomes a movie. I just scoffed and thought, "Seriously? Seriously?" without even being prepared to expect the aftermath of its marketed audience.

Growing old and bitter, I stop caring, and it becomes "F*ck it."

I was never really a huge fan of Stephen King's work, but he has a pretty good sense of humor in some, and plenty enjoyed some of the movie adaptions of the more far-fetched premises that'd normally take a tablespoon of salt to read. After reading this article, my reaction is simply...

"Haha. Nice."

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

XpHoBiaX

I totally agree with you Jun. Even though I didn't see the movie or read the book, I had that 'wtf?' feeling. It seems to be one of those abominable trends/fads that catch you by suprise. Mostly becuase something pretty repetative with a cliche storyline can grow a massive fanbase. It sort of reminds me of Harry Potter. But I digress.

2010 cosplay...?

zoupzuop2

Aaaaaand cue the fangirl rage.  :P

I haven't read it or seen it, but the only ones I know who have read it are teen/tween girls, and they've all seen the movie AND own all books, and ALL think that Edward Cullen is a human orgasm.

Hardly seems like heavy-hitting reading to me. If this took off, why couldn't Jumper have? Maybe they'll make a seq— never mind.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

XpHoBiaX

Would they be the same girls that orgasm over Ewan McGregor, the Frodo dude, and Legolas?

Like they would know what a real orgasm is... >.> Sorry I am poking fun. I think it's real dumb to obsess over things like that. But then, you can't really blame someone for having an intense attraction to something they like. It's just too weird for me. ;>.>

2010 cosplay...?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Never read the book version =P
I guess the movie was 'all right'.

Indeed, Vampires don't interest me. Like at all. They are used so much in D&D, a major pass time of mine, to the point of pointlessness. And Vampires that glow in Sunlight? WTF?
Now Lichs, those are cool. Imparticularly the 'Dry Lich's...

And then theres 'Brain in a Jar's...

And 'Cadaver Collector's

Well, its Technically a construct, but it gathers up corpses and brings them back to there Necromancer masters, which is just as awesome.

Yeah, I'm done Nerding out about D&D, carry on...

EDIT:
Lulz, I completely went off Topic...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jun-Watarase

Just to add, I'm pretty sure there's almost just as much people who hate Twilight as those who love it.

And as for the mention of Jumper... dude, have you READ that book? With American parental mentality as is, if it became more well-known as a book amongst teens, some over-protective parent is going to read up until the part where the protagonist is gang banged by a bunch of trucker dudes and sue. Good book, though.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?

Steve.Young

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on February 04, 2009, 09:59:17 PM
Aaaaaand cue the fangirl rage.  :P

I haven't read it or seen it, but the only ones I know who have read it are teen/tween girls, and they've all seen the movie AND own all books, and ALL think that Edward Cullen is a human orgasm.

Hardly seems like heavy-hitting reading to me. If this took off, why couldn't Jumper have? Maybe they'll make a seq— never mind.

like my niece...
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Punkbuster

I read the first two books only to trash talk them. I couldn't believe how many adjectives there were describing how wonderful/beautiful/etc. Edward was. And those alone took up 3/4 of the books. At least the Anita Blake series has action.

xXunyuuXx

They push back Harry Potter to July 09 just for this Twilight because they don't want to be in competition @.@
I don't get the point of the story. Not only it's cheezy but the movie is like shittish ~_~
What kind of vampire sparkles and glitter in the sun.

Steve.Young

Quote from: xXunyuuXx on February 05, 2009, 08:36:08 AM
They push back Harry Potter to July 09 just for this Twilight because they don't want to be in competition @.@
I don't get the point of the story. Not only it's cheezy but the movie is like shittish ~_~
What kind of vampire sparkles and glitter in the sun.

Pretty much, that ruined the whole genre and flow of vampire lore for the rest of us.

Quote from: Punkbuster on February 05, 2009, 02:54:55 AM
I read the first two books only to trash talk them. I couldn't believe how many adjectives there were describing how wonderful/beautiful/etc. Edward was. And those alone took up 3/4 of the books. At least the Anita Blake series has action.

Yea, it made you wanna throw up about how beautiful the dude was. A swift punch in his face would get rid of half of the book lengths.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

xXunyuuXx

I died soon after reading this book and now my ghost haunts these forums @.@
BOOOO!

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Steve.Young on February 05, 2009, 08:51:31 AM
A swift punch in his face would get rid of half of the book lengths.

Hahahahahahahaha.

- - -

So I was browsing F*** My Life, and saw that someone submitted this:

Today, my girlfriend dumped me proclaiming she wanted someone more like her "Edward". I asked her who Edward was. She held up a copy her "Twilight" book. She was talking about a fictional vampire. FML

FanimaidCafe.com