Fanime Swap Meet 2009

Started by Keys, February 05, 2009, 06:42:05 PM

Keys

[Last update to this post: 5/6/2009]
Hey folks! Once again Fanime will be hosting a swap meet - where some fans unload some of their old merchandise and collectibles and some fans hunt for great deals on said old merchandise and collectibles.
Swap Meet on the Fanime Website

There will be two separate events, one on Thursday night and one on Friday night. You will need to be at least 18 years old to sell and have a valid con badge to sell (that means full-weekend for Thursday). The full list of rules for selling can be found here:
Rules for Swap Meet Sellers

*** UPDATED 5/6/2009: LINE MAPS AVAILABLE ***
Sellers should also check out this page for more information on exactly how you'll get your space at con.

***TIPS FOR BUYERS AND SELLERS***
- Bring Cash and don't be surprised if you find yourself needing to make change.
- If you're over 18 and want to look at adult materials, bring your ID. Sellers are required to check.
- Be prepared to carry or bring your own bag. If you're selling, you may want to bring bags you would otherwise recycle to give to buyers.

We are doing pre-registration for spaces on Friday night again. Pre-registration opens March 25th at 8pm. Keep an eye on this post as the registration link will be placed here first!

***FRIDAY NIGHT SWAP MEET PRE-REGISTRATION IS OPEN!***
Friday Night Swap Meet Pre-Registration
Check the List of those Pre-Registered
Print Registration Application Form

Feel free to post any questions here. See you at the swap meet!

Keys

Quote from: Keys on February 05, 2009, 06:42:05 PM« Last Edit: Today at 07:00:01 PM by Keys »
Off by one second! So close!

Aya Brea X

I got my reservation, but for the life of me cannot locate the form to sign that we have to bring on any of the pages.  Could you put a direct link to it? 

EDIT: Nevermind, saw on the registration page itself that it's not yet posted.  I'll wait patiently for the link. 

Keys

Quote from: Aya Brea X on March 25, 2009, 08:04:32 PM
I got my reservation, but for the life of me cannot locate the form to sign that we have to bring on any of the pages.  Could you put a direct link to it? 
It's currently being proofed by the powers that be. I'll send out an email to everyone pre-regged when it goes up!

Eurobeat King

#3 on the list!  Which means I'll be in the 4th spot if the Fanime Staff decides to sell their stuff, like they usually do. :)  Fanime Staff always get spot #0.

Keys:  Will there be a link to show the list of those who signed-up for it?  Currently, the only way you can see the list is if you sign-up.  Thanks!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Chun

This is my first time signing up, do I just print the form and line up on the day?

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Keys

Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 25, 2009, 08:10:43 PM
#3 on the list!  Which means I'll be in the 4th spot if the Fanime Staff decides to sell their stuff, like they usually do. :)  Fanime Staff always get spot #0.

Keys:  Will there be a link to show the list of those who signed-up for it?  Currently, the only way you can see the list is if you sign-up.  Thanks!
Oops. I've added the link to the first post. It sounded like Fanime web staff is in overdrive, so I'm not sure when it will be up there. I'll add it to the form proper once things quiet down.

I suspect spot #0 will indeed host items from staff helping out at swap meet.  ;)

sunrise-oasis

oh god IM sooo close to losing my space T_T!...
had to celebrate my friends birthday...
anyway yeay im in!..
Question: I am selling some figures but apparently they are kinda plasticy waxed. I wanted to know are all japanese figurines supposed to be in an assemble set or just a straight plastic!..paint is kinda off and im worried Its fake...
please help
-demi

Keys

Quote from: Chun on March 25, 2009, 08:14:01 PM
This is my first time signing up, do I just print the form and line up on the day?

~Chun
Submit the simple webform (name, email) if you haven't already. The application PDF is a bit more complicated, so come to the con/line with it filled out already. This page (and this thread) will be updated with more information with regards to that as we confirm it.

Eurobeat King

Keys: Thanks for doing that!  Wow.. 27 spots already filled up!  :o

FiliKlepto

Is the list full/server down because I have not been able to get onto the reg site all night  ???  I'll try my roommate's computer as well in case it's just my PC acting up or something...
I want death to find me planting my cabbages.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey, you know Mop Head?  At the Fanime '04 Saturday gameshow?  I so totally named her.  ^^"

Eurobeat King

Quote from: FiliKlepto on March 25, 2009, 10:02:14 PM
Is the list full/server down because I have not been able to get onto the reg site all night  ???  I'll try my roommate's computer as well in case it's just my PC acting up or something...

it was down earlier, but it's up again now.  :)   and now there's 33 people signed-up for it!

FiliKlepto

Yay, it finally loaded, phew!  I was really worrying for a while there...

Is there going to be a cut-off number for the list?
I want death to find me planting my cabbages.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey, you know Mop Head?  At the Fanime '04 Saturday gameshow?  I so totally named her.  ^^"

Amelia Seyruun

Ugh, I cannot believe I almost forgot about signing up! Right before I had to go to bed, I remembered! I meant to do this at eight right on the dot, but I just forgot. >:(

Wow, thirty-five slots already filled up.  I'm number thirty-six....I really hope I wasn't too late. 

I have costumes to sell...
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

LordKefka

In case people need a " space" when the sign up ends, just find someone who is willing to share one with you and split the cost. Just don't break rules or anything =P. We want to see as many unique fans as possible. I, on the other hand, hope to find some good stuff as well in the process =D
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Touya no Miko

I almost fell asleep around 8:00, but I made it to #26. @_@

I wonder what the limit is. I got a whole box full of mangas and junk I really need to get rid of.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Keys

Wouldn't you know, as soon as I step away it goes down... but it sounds like not for long. Whew.

The site should cut off automatically at 60 slots. Because the awesome folks who run gaming are expanding a bit this year, we do have a little less space than last year, but unless something goes wrong/seriously differently, there should be enough buffer that we can place everyone on the list.

Splitting spaces can be a good idea - especially if you don't need that much room to sell your stuff. Several people go for half-spaces every year. However, it's one person to a half-space, two people to a full-space. Any more than that and it gets a bit crazy.

Also, don't discount Thursday night! Last year we had about 30 spaces worth of people (many of them using half spaces), so we haven't needed to start a pre-reg for it.

sunrise-oasis

WOw im surprise we have an expansion O_O!..wait.. its up to 60????
how did we get an expansion?

Keys

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on March 26, 2009, 12:13:53 AM
WOw im surprise we have an expansion O_O!..wait.. its up to 60????
how did we get an expansion?
We had 60 on the list last year and we were able to fit them all.

LordKefka

Quote from: Keys on March 26, 2009, 12:01:28 AM
Wouldn't you know, as soon as I step away it goes down... but it sounds like not for long. Whew.

The site should cut off automatically at 60 slots. Because the awesome folks who run gaming are expanding a bit this year, we do have a little less space than last year, but unless something goes wrong/seriously differently, there should be enough buffer that we can place everyone on the list.

Splitting spaces can be a good idea - especially if you don't need that much room to sell your stuff. Several people go for half-spaces every year. However, it's one person to a half-space, two people to a full-space. Any more than that and it gets a bit crazy.

Also, don't discount Thursday night! Last year we had about 30 spaces worth of people (many of them using half spaces), so we haven't needed to start a pre-reg for it.

That's why you need to be organized and watch your stuff. Adding on, "you" as in swap meet people when you share a spot =P
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor