Bartenders? (Formerly Known as Host Club)

Started by Long, February 08, 2009, 10:44:53 PM

jemz

Quote from: Long on February 09, 2009, 03:10:17 PM
Hm. If it is going to cost 1000 dollars or more, I agree, it shouldn't be done.

Hell, I don't think it should be done if it costs more than 500 dollars. Maybe even 300.

I don't quite see how it would cost more than 500 though, in any case. Drink budget would probably be around 200-300 dollars. Extra props, lighting (if it's done), anywhere from 50 to 200 dollars. I don't see why it should cost any more than that. But this budget could be shot to hell if there were extra expenses like if we need to purchase a license to sell comestibles at the con.

You all are right, that the ambiance and atmosphere is one of the most important things in a bar. However that would probably be our biggest challenge. I think it could be done. I'm not certain though. It would take a lot of creativity.

Really, guys, I'm just putting the idea out there, and trying to figure out how it would work in the best manner possible. I'm not at all attached to the idea that we need this, and it's highly likely that if it's done at all, it probably won't be done this year. Just a suggestion that I think warrants some thinking over. =]

It will cost more than you think. Disregarding how much we pay our decorator and the cost of the facilities, your "drink budget" will be more than that because you run into the fact that you will have to use the Convention Center's catering company in order to even have tap water served. There's a lot of other factors that come into play but for simplicity's sake, this is your biggest monetary obstacle since it will cost way more than $500.

Your next biggest obstacle will be the tech aka lighting. Which involves paying union to put up rented tech and that equals to more money spent, pushing the budget for this over what you are estimating.

Don't let what we're saying deter you from pursuing this idea if you are really determined to bring this sort of thing to Fanime. We wholeheartedly encourage ideas but, at the same time, please be aware that the executive staff have to be very realistic about the feasibility of the ideas (aka time, logistics, space, money, etc.) and will ask those questions.

After all, FaniMaid Cafe started out as forum idea a few years ago and look where it is now. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Long

Quote from: jemz on February 09, 2009, 03:31:55 PM

Hell, I don't think it should be done if it costs more than 500 dollars. Maybe even 300.

I don't quite see how it would cost more than 500 though, in any case. Drink budget would probably be around 200-300 dollars. Extra props, lighting (if it's done), anywhere from 50 to 200 dollars. I don't see why it should cost any more than that. But this budget could be shot to hell if there were extra expenses like if we need to purchase a license to sell comestibles at the con.

You all are right, that the ambiance and atmosphere is one of the most important things in a bar. However that would probably be our biggest challenge. I think it could be done. I'm not certain though. It would take a lot of creativity.

Really, guys, I'm just putting the idea out there, and trying to figure out how it would work in the best manner possible. I'm not at all attached to the idea that we need this, and it's highly likely that if it's done at all, it probably won't be done this year. Just a suggestion that I think warrants some thinking over. =]

It will cost more than you think. Disregarding how much we pay our decorator and the cost of the facilities, your "drink budget" will be more than that because you run into the fact that you will have to use the Convention Center's catering company in order to even have tap water served. There's a lot of other factors that come into play but for simplicity's sake, this is your biggest monetary obstacle since it will cost way more than $500.

Your next biggest obstacle will be the tech aka lighting. Which involves paying union to put up rented tech and that equals to more money spent, pushing the budget for this over what you are estimating.

Don't let what we're saying deter you from pursuing this idea if you are really determined to bring this sort of thing to Fanime. We wholeheartedly encourage ideas but, at the same time, please be aware that the executive staff have to be very realistic about the feasibility of the ideas (aka time, logistics, space, money, etc.) and will ask those questions.

After all, FaniMaid Cafe started out as forum idea a few years ago and look where it is now. :D

Thank you for actually replying to my post in a thoughtful and polite manner. Until now it seemed that any forum idea would be immediately shot down by everyone in the rudest way possible without them even giving you a reason as to why.

I understand. Like I said, this idea is not worth more than $500, so if it's really going to cost that much, I'd just say forget it. I didn't understand that everything has to go through some kind of Union or something that will jack up the prices to unreasonable amounts. I was just thinking that we could hit Costco, and buy some props from K-Mart or something. I understand now though, so again, thank you. =]

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Long on February 09, 2009, 03:41:18 PM
Thank you for actually replying to my post in a thoughtful and polite manner. Until now it seemed that any forum idea would be immediately shot down by everyone in the rudest way possible without them even giving you a reason as to why.

But people did explain to you why, and no one was "extremely rude" to you, other than Pyron being quite blunt in explaining it to you. Everyone who posted on this thread, except Pyron and Codex are all "upper" staff. It just so happens that Jemz is an extremely nice person, but a lot of the information given to you was already said in a slightly less detailed form, that explain the same exact thing. The difference is, you needed it to be spoon fed to you in order to understand.

If you feel that attendees would be receptive to the idea, and that the positive effect is worth the money and effort, it would be considered. But the thing is, both the ideas that you presented, you pretty much had no real clue about as to how they function, in or out of FanimeCon.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Long

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 09, 2009, 03:28:07 PM

I'm guessing you're young. Really young. As you don't seem to realize that "materials" aren't the only cost of things. Realistically drinks would only cost like a 100$. Lighting would only cost 50$... IF Fanime was able to purchase the drinks themselves, the lights themselves, and setup everything themselves. Union fees. First they'd have to get permission from the convention which costs money. They'd have to clear the drinks and servers, which would go through the convention and that costs money. Then they'd have to get officials since they're serving drinks they'd have to get an official to okay, costs money... and more money, and more money.

The return would be incredibly small. There is really no interest in this. Everyone older than 21 would rather go to a real bar, where the prices will be generally the same, only we can get alcohol. The younger kids could just buy drinks from the vending machines which would be cheaper. The only thing would be the appeal. This would require getting 3-4 bartenders that are extremely charismatic and capable of holding conversations, and more importantly listening well. To sit there and pour drinks.

To be honest, I like people giving ideas, but I really wish people would REALLY THINK about what they're pushing, how it would work and actually be able to give a decent presentation on what they want to push. This is no different than your host club idea. You really haven't a clue what you're talking about, nor what you're really pushing. You're pushing an idea you don't know about, and you've shown it's evident that you don't know what you're talking about. You've shown you don't have real experience just an idea that "yeah this is important". Logistics aside(and logistics alone is reason to say no it should never happen), there is no appeal or reason to have a bar. There is a bar already in the hotel.

I was against the Maid Cafe, but that was due to capability on terms of those working. It was about knowledge and training. Now that Jun is heading it, I think it's fully capable. It won't be perfect but it serves all the main purposes it should. I disagreed with having a Maid Cafe, but I didn't say it was impossible to do decently, just not perfectly.

A bar cannot. You cannot mimic what a bar is nor what it represents in Fanime. It's the same as a host club. You can have one, but you will not have to meaning and point of it. With that gone, what you have is an empty shell. I don't care if it's perfect, I care that the point of what you're doing is carried out. The point of a bar is completely loss.

However, I do so much love replies like yours. Where you act like a hypocrite. You say that I'm attacking you, when I'm not. I'm merely pointing out you're ignorant, and you're pushing something through ignorance. However, you then retaliate by attacking me by saying you don't care about my experiences, or points. You even completely missed my point on what a bar was, and that makes me further believe you don't know what a bar like this is for.

You state that you don't care about the idea, but you seem adamant in trying to prove us wrong as if your idea is good.

Simply put, shut up for now, and come back when you can prove it's worth doing, show how you can mimic a bar's atmosphere and point... and maybe then something would really be worth listening to.
Again, with the personal attacks. Sheesh. And you really should refrain from the assumptions. They just make you look foolish. I've probably been going to Fanime longer than you have, and for your information, I'm 20 years old.

If you don't like an idea, explain why, in a polite manner preferably, or else you just come off looking like a dick. And this:

However, I do so much love replies like yours. Where you act like a hypocrite. You say that I'm attacking you, when I'm not. I'm merely pointing out you're ignorant, and you're pushing something through ignorance. However, you then retaliate by attacking me by saying you don't care about my experiences, or points. You even completely missed my point on what a bar was, and that makes me further believe you don't know what a bar like this is for.

What does that even mean? You obviously don't know the meaning of the word hypocrite either. At this point in time, in this specific post, I may be acting like a hypocrite, because I am now attacking you personally and questioning your intelligence, but I wasn't doing it at any point before this. =/

My idea is a good one. It is to me at least. But everything probably starts from an unrealistic basis. Simply because I have an idea that is probably highly difficult to pull off, or even impossible, the best way to deal with those suggestions is to explain why. And your repetitive plaintive cries of "you don't know what this bar is for", just really come off as stupid. Seeing as I am the one who has the image of the bar in my mind, and it is my idea, I am pretty certain I know what "THIS" bar is for. It may not serve the same purpose as your bar, but contrary to your belief, not everything has to be 100% authentic to be enjoyable. So the maid cafe isn't exactly like the ones in Akihabara. Who gives a flying f*ck? It's still fun. Sometimes otaku-ness like yours can reach a point to which you just end up pissing off other people with your uncompromisable nature.

Long

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 09, 2009, 03:51:47 PM
Quote from: Long on February 09, 2009, 03:41:18 PM

But people did explain to you why, and no one was "extremely rude" to you, other than Pyron being quite blunt in explaining it to you. Everyone who posted on this thread, except Pyron and Codex are all "upper" staff. It just so happens that Jemz is an extremely nice person, but a lot of the information given to you was already said in a slightly less detailed form, that explain the same exact thing. The difference is, you needed it to be spoon fed to you in order to understand.

If you feel that attendees would be receptive to the idea, and that the positive effect is worth the money and effort, it would be considered. But the thing is, both the ideas that you presented, you pretty much had no real clue about as to how they function, in or out of FanimeCon.
The information was not presented in a way that was easily understandable. It was dispersed in fragments that I believe no one would have understood unless they had already known those concepts.

And you are misinformed as to my knowledge of both concepts which I presented. I knew perfectly well beforehand what exactly a host club really is, and I know in general, how a bar is supposed to present itself. However, I thought common sense would play into this, and you all would understand that I did not mean to take either concept in its literal and realistic form. As for the host club, I had the idea in mind, something similar to Ouran, simply because I know those forms of prostitution are illegal in California. However, if it's just serving drinks and food (similar to what the Maid cafe does, and similar to the Ouran anime) then it would be perfectly fine. But you seemed to get hung up on the literal translation of a Host bar, so I didn't pursue it.

The bar was the same way. I presented the general vague idea of a bar. A congregational space of service, and conversation, and you got hung up on the literal translation of the bar as well, pretty much saying, that if it isn't perfect, we might as well not do it. These are my ideas and they would be followed according to my views, and not yours, if they were accepted. Simply because it doesn't meet your specific standards doesn't mean it won't work. I just felt that most of you came off as rude. Especially you Jun, and definitely Pyron.

PyronIkari

Laffo
Quote from: Long on February 09, 2009, 03:53:15 PM
Again, with the personal attacks. Sheesh. And you really should refrain from the assumptions. They just make you look foolish. I've probably been going to Fanime longer than you have, and for your information, I'm 20 years old.

If you don't like an idea, explain why, in a polite manner preferably, or else you just come off looking like a dick. And this:

What does that even mean? You obviously don't know the meaning of the word hypocrite either. At this point in time, in this specific post, I may be acting like a hypocrite, because I am now attacking you personally and questioning your intelligence, but I wasn't doing it at any point before this. =/
According to your sig, I've been going for a lot longer. I'm not polite. Why should I be polite? I'll be polite if you give me a reason to be polite. Here's how this worked out.

You thought of an idea. An idea you know nothing about but assumed it would be good. You then posted that idea. Two people posted how it was a horrible idea and how ignorant of the subject you are. You then changed the idea in an attempt to save face. Once more you were shown how ignorant you were on the subject. You put absolutely no thought into those ideas at all as to how it would work. You just assumed "I have an idea I SHOULD PUSH IT WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT FIRST!". Why should I be polite to this? I merely just pointed out how wrong you are, then you got pissed off.

QuoteMy idea is a good one. It is to me at least. But everything probably starts from an unrealistic basis. Simply because I have an idea that is probably highly difficult to pull off, or even impossible, the best way to deal with those suggestions is to explain why. And your repetitive plaintive cries of "you don't know what this bar is for", just really come off as stupid. Seeing as I am the one who has the image of the bar in my mind, and it is my idea, I am pretty certain I know what "THIS" bar is for. It may not serve the same purpose as your bar, but contrary to your belief, not everything has to be 100% authentic to be enjoyable. So the maid cafe isn't exactly like the ones in Akihabara. Who gives a flying f*ck? It's still fun. Sometimes otaku-ness like yours can reach a point to which you just end up pissing off other people with your uncompromisable nature.

A good idea to you, is not a good idea. Some people think setting their underwear on fire and getting it stomped out by friends is a good idea. It's not that it's difficult, nor hard to pull off, nor even impossible. It's that you put absolutely no thought into the idea and then got mad when someone showed you how ignorant you are. "YOUR IMAGE" of a bar is ignorant. As I said, you have never really gone nor experienced what a BAR is. There are different kinds of bars, but the bar you pushed is the bar similar to that of Bartender. This is a very specific type of bar, with a specific type of customer. As I said, it isn't a sports bar. It's not a lounge bar, it's not a club bar, it's not a restaurant bar.  When did something have to be 100% authentic to serve the same purpose? IT DOES have to serve the same purpose to be what it is.

The least you could have done was at least attempt to know what you're talking about before you pushed it. So the maid cafe isn't 100% authentic. Does that mean we shouldn't care that it's like a maid cafe at all?

HINT: My girlfriend is this years head maid.

You're trying to make something as authentic as possible, it may not be exact, but if the point of it is there, then meaning is passed on.

Wanna know some irony in this? This is basically the same base message of the spirits. Drinking doesn't accomplish anything realistically... but the spirits represent parts of life and culture.

Don't get angry and mad at me because you are ignorant.

Should I edit this and further show your ignorance? Sure I guess I will just to prove the point even further.

QuoteAnd you are misinformed as to my knowledge of both concepts which I presented. I knew perfectly well beforehand what exactly a host club really is, and I know in general, how a bar is supposed to present itself. However, I thought common sense would play into this, and you all would understand that I did not mean to take either concept in its literal and realistic form. As for the host club, I had the idea in mind, something similar to Ouran, simply because I know those forms of prostitution are illegal in California. However, if it's just serving drinks and food (similar to what the Maid cafe does, and similar to the Ouran anime) then it would be perfectly fine. But you seemed to get hung up on the literal translation of a Host bar, so I didn't pursue it.
I call bull on this. Had you known, you wouldn't have suggested "a host club". You would have suggested what you are saying... a Butler cafe, or a male cosplay cafe. Something similar to Ouran? Ouran is a lot closer to a real host club than you realize. Characters in Ouran purposely do seductive things, holding each other, kissing hands, whispering in ears. So if it was "like Ouran" it'd still be illegal.

Your attempt to act like you knew better: FAILURE

The bar was the same way. I presented the general vague idea of a bar. A congregational space of service, and conversation, and you got hung up on the literal translation of the bar as well, pretty much saying, that if it isn't perfect, we might as well not do it. These are my ideas and they would be followed according to my views, and not yours, if they were accepted. Simply because it doesn't meet your specific standards doesn't mean it won't work. I just felt that most of you came off as rude. Especially you Jun, and definitely Pyron.
Oh, I came off as rude? Do I give a damn at this point? Not really? It doesn't change that everything I said beginning to end was 100% true. Once more, it doesn't have to be purpose... it just has to SERVE THE SAME PURPOSE. If you call a place a bakery, and it doesn't served baked goods, it is not a bakery. It shouldn't be called a bakery. If a place is a Japanese cuisine restaurant, and they serve generic Asian food, it isn't a Japanese restaurant. What you are proclaiming to do is to take something that has a very existing presence, give that name and then do something that has nothing to do with that existence. What you want isn't a bar like the bar from Bartender... so DON'T CALL IT THAT. What you're talking about is more of a SPORTS BAR or a LOUNGE BAR according to how it's setup. So why did you even bring up Bartender at all? It is completely counter productive. "Hey guys, let's make a soccer sports league for fanime, like it Captain Tsubasa..." "We don't have a soccer field" "I DIDN'T MEAN EXACTLY LIKE THAT, I MET LET'S PLAY BASKETBALL!"

That's basically what you're doing.

You're 20?

Ha.... man, if you were younger, at least you'd have an excuse.

Jun-Watarase

My idea is a good one. It is to me at least. But everything probably starts from an unrealistic basis. Simply because I have an idea that is probably highly difficult to pull off, or even impossible, the best way to deal with those suggestions is to explain why. And your repetitive plaintive cries of "you don't know what this bar is for", just really come off as stupid. Seeing as I am the one who has the image of the bar in my mind, and it is my idea, I am pretty certain I know what "THIS" bar is for. It may not serve the same purpose as your bar, but contrary to your belief, not everything has to be 100% authentic to be enjoyable. So the maid cafe isn't exactly like the ones in Akihabara. Who gives a flying f*ck? It's still fun. Sometimes otaku-ness like yours can reach a point to which you just end up pissing off other people with your uncompromisable nature.

But you don't know what your bar is for, and have so far not explained it. If you gave us an explanation of where you're actually going with this idea, perhaps we'd have more we could work with. So far you haven't explained anything.

And in reply to "So the maid cafe isn't exactly like the ones in Akihabara. Who gives a flying f*ck? It's still fun.", some people might not care, but a good amount of people do, which includes me. As someone who is currently running and organizing this event, I do care that the maid cafe should emulate an actual maid cafe. If anything, it was THE main concern, that the maid cafe is an actual competent maid cafe that'd emulate ones that of Akihabara. Attendees who are aware of maid cafes care, as well, and their responses to our maid cafe's previous years reflect that.

Pyron may not have been the nicest person in explaining to you, but the points are the same and explained plenty reason why there are issues with your suggestion.

Quote from: Long on February 09, 2009, 04:00:27 PM
And you are misinformed as to my knowledge of both concepts which I presented. I knew perfectly well beforehand what exactly a host club really is, and I know in general, how a bar is supposed to present itself. However, I thought common sense would play into this, and you all would understand that I did not mean to take either concept in its literal and realistic form. As for the host club, I had the idea in mind, something similar to Ouran, simply because I know those forms of prostitution are illegal in California. However, if it's just serving drinks and food (similar to what the Maid cafe does, and similar to the Ouran anime) then it would be perfectly fine. But you seemed to get hung up on the literal translation of a Host bar, so I didn't pursue it.

Really, if you were knowledgeable, you would realize why it's a bad idea. A host club is not simply sharply-dressed guys serving you food and drinks. Though, if we did run a "host club" like that of what you're idealizing, it would still be impractical to do.

QuoteThe bar was the same way. I presented the general vague idea of a bar. A congregational space of service, and conversation, and you got hung up on the literal translation of the bar as well, pretty much saying, that if it isn't perfect, we might as well not do it. These are my ideas and they would be followed according to my views, and not yours, if they were accepted. Simply because it doesn't meet your specific standards doesn't mean it won't work. I just felt that most of you came off as rude. Especially you Jun, and definitely Pyron.

It's not even so much as "meeting standards" as it is "actually working". What you lose from trying to make this "bar" pretty much strips what would make it "a bar", other than the extremely vague surface of what a bar is-- "some place where you get drinks". It would be like having a maid cafe with just girls in maid uniforms... and end it there.

Also, I shouldn't have to assume that I need to kiss up to you in order for you to be able to read information. I did keep my posts neutral for the most part when replying to you, until you made it very clear that you have no clue what you're talking about, and persisting certain things when they were already clearly told to you for being impractical or undoable.

EDIT: Again, I hate posting right after Mikey. >:|

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Long

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 09, 2009, 04:14:43 PM
Laffo

According to your sig, I've been going for a lot longer. I'm not polite. Why should I be polite? I'll be polite if you give me a reason to be polite. Here's how this worked out.

You thought of an idea. An idea you know nothing about but assumed it would be good. You then posted that idea. Two people posted how it was a horrible idea and how ignorant of the subject you are. You then changed the idea in an attempt to save face. Once more you were shown how ignorant you were on the subject. You put absolutely no thought into those ideas at all as to how it would work. You just assumed "I have an idea I SHOULD PUSH IT WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT FIRST!". Why should I be polite to this? I merely just pointed out how wrong you are, then you got pissed off.

QuoteMy idea is a good one. It is to me at least. But everything probably starts from an unrealistic basis. Simply because I have an idea that is probably highly difficult to pull off, or even impossible, the best way to deal with those suggestions is to explain why. And your repetitive plaintive cries of "you don't know what this bar is for", just really come off as stupid. Seeing as I am the one who has the image of the bar in my mind, and it is my idea, I am pretty certain I know what "THIS" bar is for. It may not serve the same purpose as your bar, but contrary to your belief, not everything has to be 100% authentic to be enjoyable. So the maid cafe isn't exactly like the ones in Akihabara. Who gives a flying f*ck? It's still fun. Sometimes otaku-ness like yours can reach a point to which you just end up pissing off other people with your uncompromisable nature.

A good idea to you, is not a good idea. Some people think setting their underwear on fire and getting it stomped out by friends is a good idea. It's not that it's difficult, nor hard to pull off, nor even impossible. It's that you put absolutely no thought into the idea and then got mad when someone showed you how ignorant you are. "YOUR IMAGE" of a bar is ignorant. As I said, you have never really gone nor experienced what a BAR is. There are different kinds of bars, but the bar you pushed is the bar similar to that of Bartender. This is a very specific type of bar, with a specific type of customer. As I said, it isn't a sports bar. It's not a lounge bar, it's not a club bar, it's not a restaurant bar.  When did something have to be 100% authentic to serve the same purpose? IT DOES have to serve the same purpose to be what it is.

The least you could have done was at least attempt to know what you're talking about before you pushed it. So the maid cafe isn't 100% authentic. Does that mean we shouldn't care that it's like a maid cafe at all?

HINT: My girlfriend is this years head maid.

You're trying to make something as authentic as possible, it may not be exact, but if the point of it is there, then meaning is passed on.

Wanna know some irony in this? This is basically the same base message of the spirits. Drinking doesn't accomplish anything realistically... but the spirits represent parts of life and culture.

Don't get angry and mad at me because you are ignorant.

Should I edit this and further show your ignorance? Sure I guess I will just to prove the point even further.

QuoteAnd you are misinformed as to my knowledge of both concepts which I presented. I knew perfectly well beforehand what exactly a host club really is, and I know in general, how a bar is supposed to present itself. However, I thought common sense would play into this, and you all would understand that I did not mean to take either concept in its literal and realistic form. As for the host club, I had the idea in mind, something similar to Ouran, simply because I know those forms of prostitution are illegal in California. However, if it's just serving drinks and food (similar to what the Maid cafe does, and similar to the Ouran anime) then it would be perfectly fine. But you seemed to get hung up on the literal translation of a Host bar, so I didn't pursue it.
I call bull on this. Had you known, you wouldn't have suggested "a host club". You would have suggested what you are saying... a Butler cafe, or a male cosplay cafe. Something similar to Ouran? Ouran is a lot closer to a real host club than you realize. Characters in Ouran purposely do seductive things, holding each other, kissing hands, whispering in ears. So if it was "like Ouran" it'd still be illegal.

Your attempt to act like you knew better: FAILURE

Oh, I came off as rude? Do I give a damn at this point? Not really? It doesn't change that everything I said beginning to end was 100% true. Once more, it doesn't have to be purpose... it just has to SERVE THE SAME PURPOSE. If you call a place a bakery, and it doesn't served baked goods, it is not a bakery. It shouldn't be called a bakery. If a place is a Japanese cuisine restaurant, and they serve generic Asian food, it isn't a Japanese restaurant. What you are proclaiming to do is to take something that has a very existing presence, give that name and then do something that has nothing to do with that existence. What you want isn't a bar like the bar from Bartender... so DON'T CALL IT THAT. What you're talking about is more of a SPORTS BAR or a LOUNGE BAR according to how it's setup. So why did you even bring up Bartender at all? It is completely counter productive. "Hey guys, let's make a soccer sports league for fanime, like it Captain Tsubasa..." "We don't have a soccer field" "I DIDN'T MEAN EXACTLY LIKE THAT, I MET LET'S PLAY BASKETBALL!"

That's basically what you're doing.

You're 20?

Ha.... man, if you were younger, at least you'd have an excuse.
Oh God. Do you have to write fucking novels every time you post. Keep your next post down to 3 paragraphs, no more than 4-5 sentences per paragraph or I'm not reading it. I had an idea. I didn't coordinate every fucking detail in that idea, no. But I put the idea out there, so I could get feedback on it, and get a better picture on what exactly it would entail. I was not pushing anything. People aren't fucking born with the knowledge of everything already inscribed into their brains, okay?

Say what you want about my knowledge of what a host club is. I don't care, because you're just an idiot spouting off your trap about shit thinking he can read my mind. Maybe I didn't use the term Butler cafe because I've never heard of such a stupid word? Okay?

So let's look at the definition of a bar, okay? Good ol'Merriam Webster definition.

bar 1  (bär)
n.
a.  A counter at which drinks, especially alcoholic drinks, and sometimes food, are served.

So according to the dictionary, you're an idiot. I don't see shit in there about an 'escape'  or 'atmosphere', or 'spirit of the alcohol' bullshit you're bitching about. If it's a counter, and there are drinks, it's a bar. Anything we add is purely superfluous, or ornamental.

And if you read Bartender, which you say you didn't, so I don't know why you're even using that as a reference, there are a number of bars which are displayed in the manga Bartender, some of which are lounge bars, some of which are more traditional. Again you look like an idiot. =/

I'm ignorant in many things. I agree. That's why I ask for explanation. Not for some dickhead like you to go around throwing "YOU'RE IGNORANT YOU IGNORANT IGNORAMUS" in my face. I know that. It just makes you an asshole. If you continue to be a dick, I'mma just ignore you. =]

otakuapprentice

Yo, watch your language.

long story short: the idea is good, but it wont work with the changes that would be needed.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Long

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 09, 2009, 04:15:38 PM

But you don't know what your bar is for, and have so far not explained it. If you gave us an explanation of where you're actually going with this idea, perhaps we'd have more we could work with. So far you haven't explained anything.

And in reply to "So the maid cafe isn't exactly like the ones in Akihabara. Who gives a flying f*ck? It's still fun.", some people might not care, but a good amount of people do, which includes me. As someone who is currently running and organizing this event, I do care that the maid cafe should emulate an actual maid cafe. If anything, it was THE main concern, that the maid cafe is an actual competent maid cafe that'd emulate ones that of Akihabara. Attendees who are aware of maid cafes care, as well, and their responses to our maid cafe's previous years reflect that.

Pyron may not have been the nicest person in explaining to you, but the points are the same and explained plenty reason why there are issues with your suggestion.

Quote from: Long on February 09, 2009, 04:00:27 PM

Really, if you were knowledgeable, you would realize why it's a bad idea. A host club is not simply sharply-dressed guys serving you food and drinks. Though, if we did run a "host club" like that of what you're idealizing, it would still be impractical to do.

QuoteThe bar was the same way. I presented the general vague idea of a bar. A congregational space of service, and conversation, and you got hung up on the literal translation of the bar as well, pretty much saying, that if it isn't perfect, we might as well not do it. These are my ideas and they would be followed according to my views, and not yours, if they were accepted. Simply because it doesn't meet your specific standards doesn't mean it won't work. I just felt that most of you came off as rude. Especially you Jun, and definitely Pyron.

It's not even so much as "meeting standards" as it is "actually working". What you lose from trying to make this "bar" pretty much strips what would make it "a bar", other than the extremely vague surface of what a bar is-- "some place where you get drinks". It would be like having a maid cafe with just girls in maid uniforms... and end it there.

Also, I shouldn't have to assume that I need to kiss up to you in order for you to be able to read information. I did keep my posts neutral for the most part when replying to you, until you made it very clear that you have no clue what you're talking about, and persisting certain things when they were already clearly told to you for being impractical or undoable.

EDIT: Again, I hate posting right after Mikey. >:|
I didn't get any explanation from Pyron until after others began explaining it. =/

QuoteThough, if we did run a "host club" like that of what you're idealizing, it would still be impractical to do.
You say that it's impractical, but like before you refrain from saying why exactly. This just leaves me confused and dissatisfied. You just say "if you were knowledgeable, you'd know". If it becomes clear that I am NOT knowledgeable, the common thing to do is to explain. Not say "you don't know what the hell you're doing, or saying, just go away."

Things such as the ballroom dancing, etc. It is certainly not like real ballroom dancing, but that doesn't keep us from having it. Simply because it doesn't aspire to be exactly like its real life counterpart doesn't mean that it shouldn't be considered. That said, I had every intention to make it as realistic a bar as I possibly could, given what we have to work with.

You don't need to kiss up to me for me to understand your information. You're just simply very bad at conveying information.

Long

Quote from: otakuapprentice on February 09, 2009, 04:36:19 PM
Yo, watch your language.

long story short: the idea is good, but it wont work with the changes that would be needed.
I know. I don't even know why I'm continuing this conversation. Someone please lock this thread.

ewu

ok...thread has moved from its original intent. Find interest and it might just happen:) Now say someone or a wide variety of people revived this idea in a new thread, the interest would be established and a discussion to evolve this idea into a feasibility idea.

As such, I am locking this thread.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom