Is it possible to register for a single day?

Started by Medstar, February 09, 2009, 09:51:39 PM

Medstar

My apologies if this is already posted. I checked the FAQ and skimmed the topics and didn't find it.

Is it possible to register for a single day (and obviously pay a discounted price)?

-Cristina

ewu

single day memberships are only offered the day of
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Nyxyin

To be more explicit, yes, you can register for a single day, but the only way to get it is to stand in the registration line on the day you want to be at the convention.  The badge is $55 now for a full weekend, so based on past experience, I would venture to guess that a Saturday badge (or a Sunday one) might cost something like $30-$40-ish this year (but it's only a guess -- I wouldn't know).

It's already somewhat late now, so it might be worth it to get a single day.

For future years, if you like your one day and you suspect you might want to go to Fanime for even one day in 2010, it's definitely worth it to pre-register for the whole weekend as early as possible.  For example, if you pre-registered for Fanime 2009 on May 26, 2008, the whole weekend was only $35.  If you register for just May 23, 2009, on that day, that one day by itself is likely to cost somewhere right around that amount.  Besides, pre-registering for the whole weekend means that you get a pre-printed laminated badge with your name on it (which looks really nice in a collection), and you can pick your badge up on Thursday night instead of having to spend part of your one day standing in line.