NEED to makeup my mind

Started by SirVincent, February 12, 2009, 04:40:59 AM

rude32

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 01, 2009, 06:07:28 PM
I like the fact that at cons, in the dealer's rooms, you are able to have things there physically and are able to examine them in person. Plus, no shipping fees, and possible bargaining.

But for the most people, if not all the people I know-- the primary reason to go to cons is to enjoy spending time with other people. If you don't know who you're going with, there's no harm in going to events and see what the con itself has to offer, and possibly meet people through that. Perhaps events like... I don't know, the maid cafe.  ;)
I second this opinion.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

TC X0 Lt 0X

I was basically alone 1/3 of the time at Con. I originally was going by my self, as all the people I knew that where into anime either went to a different school that I used to go to, and I had little to no contact with them sense, or weren't going for various reasons. The only one I did know was going was one of the guys that I play D&D with, and I did not talk to him about it in the first place about Con.
Anyways, the first of my friends I saw at Fanime I encountered with in line to get my badge on Thursday. Then on Friday morning, I encountered him and my other friend in the game room. Around 4PM they brought me to the rest of the group.
I also encountered 3 of my friends I know from Xbox LIVE halo. They recognized me from the one time I met them at a tourney. Which reminds me, they still owe me dinner at Chilies...
I also saw with a friend I worked at a Renaissance Faire with. Good times.
And the only reason I was by myself 1/3 of the time after that was because I had no way to contact them when we got separated, as I did not have there numbers, and my sisters Razor that I was borrowing would be turned off most the time anyway sense the battery last less then a day.

I have trailed off...

Anyways, even during that 1/3rd time I had plenty of fun.
If you met anyone at your first con that you did not know like I did, I'm sure you'll see them again this year and could probably hang out with them. I also there are and will be threads for unofficial events to meet up at Fanime and do stuff. You could always try that. People organize all kinds of unofficial events like this on the forums when Con gets close. Some of them are simple gatherings, others can be for games, such as the tag game there was last year.

In reality it's easier to meet people then you think even if you aren't very social or are shy. You just have to have the initiative to do it.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.