Started by TC X0 Lt 0X, February 12, 2009, 04:00:58 PM

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jerry

Wow. That is very serious.

The only anime Con that I know of going on this weekend is Anime on Display. (kinda ironic and REALLY weird if thats the convention they came to California for...]

Maybe someone should put out an APB [all points bulletin] on these 2 individuals. at local California anime Cons, but yah....

I dont know what I find more 'wrong' with this story: the fact that the girl left with some older man to travel to another state for 'anime' conventions in California or the fact that the parents somehow knew she left with anime costumes in her backpack...

It's just strange... and for the 14 yr old sake, I hope she turns up.

Because of things like this, it gives the Anime Community bad press as like we were the reason the girl goes missing. >_<
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

TC X0 Lt 0X

Indeed.
Whats hard too is the fact they will probably be impossible to spot, cosplaying and all.
Hopefully the guy is not one of those people that will, you know, kill someone.
From what I understand the man is a family friend.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ewu

AoD was notified as they were coming to Cali.

But honestly the smartest thing a con can do is provide info then leave it at that. Our rovers are not named security for a reason. This is something for the authorities to take care of. Not to mention AoD is a 1600 attendee con. Manpower is wasted on looking for this girl if they do.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Sunara Ishi

I hope they do find them. D:

It would be great if they caught them at a con but it may have been a just ruse the guy used to kidnap her... D:
I agree with TC_XO_Lt_OX; hopefully he isn't the type to kill someone.

Jerry: Maybe the family knew because the mom saw her packing the stuff, confronted her, and the child ran into the guy's car. D: Or something along those lines.

It does give the community bad press but it is very likely the guy used something he knew the girl was into.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

xXunyuuXx

Hmm...sounds scary. >//<
If I run away from home, I probably run and hide at Fanime @.@

Mizuki

Although this is (semi) serious, it's not suited to be in Serious Business. So it shall be moved to Things in the Universe.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Not sure how the 'Octuplets Story' or the 'Second Life affair leads to real-life divorce' threads are considered to be any more serious then this, but whatever, not my call.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SOawesomeness

This happened last year, too... at an unnamed convention in California...

Apparently some kid ran away from home with his tutor against his parent's wishes to attend a convention last year. =.=
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Stormfalcon

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 12, 2009, 10:20:29 PM
Not sure how the 'Octuplets Story' or the 'Second Life affair leads to real-life divorce' threads are considered to be any more serious then this, but whatever, not my call.

Well, the octuplets story does raise questions regarding medical ethics as well as how many kids a person can have and whether society should have a say as to whether someone should have more than X number of kids or not.  That's fodder for Serious Business.

My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

PyronIkari

Octuplets story was about medical ethics. It would have been moved without the edit. The second life thread is about relationships and what constitutes as cheating. What is right and wrong to do in a relationship, and what is allowed, shouldn't be.

This thread HAS NO REAL ETHICAL OR POLITICAL VIEW POINT OR DISCUSSION. It's just a story about a kid that ran off, and people going "wow, hope nothing bad happens". No one can give points and no one can discuss how something or something else is or not applicable. 

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: Stormfalcon on February 12, 2009, 10:48:16 PM

Well, the octuplets story does raise questions regarding medical ethics as well as how many kids a person can have and whether society should have a say as to whether someone should have more than X number of kids or not.  That's fodder for Serious Business.

Also, we the tax payers are going to be slammed with picking up the tab. Good for discussion in serious business.

People need to be a lot stricter with their kids and the people they let their kids be around. If that wa smy parents, I would have been keel-hualed, before I even got out the door. >:/

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

JohnnyAR

Oh I'm going to remember this for a while...

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Esperado

...D:
Seriously.
Anime cons are insanely fun, yes, but not something you run away from home with a 40-year-old man for.

Bleh.
As if the anime crowd doesn't have a bad rap already. -sighs-
Hope Kalai gets home safe D:
OH, I FORGOT TO SAVE.
>> nijyuushichi @ deviantART
>> ESPERADO @ Sheezyart
>> ESPERADO27 @ YouTube
>> the27 @ FFnet

G.I.R

Unfortunately, I don't think their final destination was an Anime Convention.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Meirin

Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Sunara Ishi

That is good to hear. Thanks for posting that.

It is good that they caught him and rescued her; he was obviously not taking her to any California convention. D: He probably never intended on taking her to any anime convention. D: Sound like he might have been trying to escape to Canada. D:
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula