The Tale of the Stranded Moderator

Started by Gatsby, February 13, 2009, 09:50:29 AM

Gatsby

Debriefing: It was a normal morning, much like yesterday... well maybe not yesterday since I was sick and slept late, but it was like a normal Friday morning for Tuolumne county. I woke up to find it still raining from the night before. I shrugged off sleepiness to the best I could and got dressed. I went outside to see how bad it was raining, to my surprise it was snowing a bit.

"I shouldn't go to school, but I already missed yesterday." I sighed to myself as I went back in to brush my teeth and do rest of my morning prep.

It was around 6:41 as I sat in my car and left. I got to the college at 7:35; the snow had now started coming down hard. I threw on my warm cloak to protect me against the elements and started across the campus to the classroom. The green and brown of the campus quickly became polka-dotted with white and then all color was erased by the cold white snow. I chased a few deer that I saw because... well I had no real reason I just thought it was fun. I sat, and sat, and sat until 8:15. Two of my friends showed up, but no one else. Finally the head of security came by and informed us that the college was being closed due to the conditions.

"Damn! I put pants on for this?" I said to no one in particular.

So we drove into town, taking twice as long as normal as the roads were no longer black but giant white Slip n' Slides. I dropped them off and then called home. To my dismay I found out I couldn't get home! =O I decided I'd crash at a local Inn for the night to wait things out. That's where my journey begins.

Hour 1: I drove into the Inns of California's parking lot, went inside and plead my case. Since I am 17, I can't legally get a hotel room, but they made an exception. I found my room, a dinky little place; king sized bed, 26in Philips tv, the usual, almost reminded me of a room from Hotel Dusk Room 215. Anyway, I threw my bag down, plopped onto the bed and flipped on the T.V. Nothing was on, and off the T.V. went. I paced across the room a bit and settled to staring out the window at the Valero station across the street, watching the snow pile up, wondering if someone will slide into the gas station and set off a giant explosion. I called my friend Mikey and asked if he wanted to hang or something. He gave the idea some thought and said he'd come over in a while. We shall see if he does. I came back to the bed and popped open my laptop which brings us to me beginning this topic.

Hours 2 - 7: Shortly after my last post, i hear a know at my door. I look out the window and see Mikey standing there. w00t! We watch the last of Ghost on HBO and then play video games for a bit. I played Spore and he played Hedgehog Launch. He called two other people, Bobby and Albert and asked if they wanted to come over. A bit rude I suppose since I didn't invite them, but I didn't mind since I was bored. Bobby came over first around noon. Mikey and I worked on his Bobby's laptop for about 45 minutes but we couldn't fix whatever the hell is wrong with it. So anyway, while we fiddle on our laptops we watch Jerry Springer and Maury. I continued playing Spore while the other two played more games on Kongregate. Albert arrived around 1:35. So from here on out it was pointless T.V., video games, and youtube videos. I suppose it was fun, but I was relieved when they all left at 3:30ish. Once they left, I left to go fill my rumbling tummy. Down to Round Table I went to get an order of 12 garlic twists. I returned, began eating, and am now writing this.

Hours 8 - 24: So not much happened for rest of the day. I watched T.V. (That 70's Show), watched anime Jigoku Shoujo, read a bit of The Shining, and talked to a few friends online. Really nothing exciting happened until around 11ish. It was at this point that I heard a loud squeaking of bed springs coming from the room next to me. Heh. My Neighbors were banging! Oh joy. So I went and took a shower, burning my hand in the process. So afterwards I went to continue watching T.V. until I fell asleep. I woke up a few times. In the morning I watched Sarah Connor Chronicles and checked out. I set out for home hoping the road was cleared. For the most part it was cleared except for a few boulders and fallen trees, but I managed to maneuver around them and make it safely home. :D

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quick, it there a lake near the hotel!?!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Gatsby

Sadly no, but there is a heated pool and hot tube.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Gatsby

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Gatsby

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 16, 2009, 02:17:58 PM
Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on February 15, 2009, 02:44:31 PM
Why?
Because thats where the horror film will start.

No no no, the horror movie would have begun if I had opened my door in an attempt to identify the strange noises I heard outside in the middle of the night.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on February 16, 2009, 02:33:14 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 16, 2009, 02:17:58 PM
Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on February 15, 2009, 02:44:31 PM
Why?
Because thats where the horror film will start.

No no no, the horror movie would have begun if I had opened my door in an attempt to identify the strange noises I heard outside in the middle of the night.
Which would somehow lead you to the pool, where you would be drowned horribly.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Gatsby

Haha, well in that case, yes going into the pool would have been my demise. Take that idiots from horror movies! I survived by not caring!