Anime Downloading

Started by ChibiSerenaChan, October 20, 2003, 10:01:27 AM

jinnai_animexcalibur

I've seen those 8mm video players...the stand-alone kind...pretty rare i think..
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

optimusprime

wow these things never stay on topic do they?

best place for anime of any and all kinds no matter how old it is would probably be "Direct Connect"

official client is here ---->   http://www.neo-modus.com

better unofficial client is here ------->   http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

connect to these hubs
hub1.crazycatgirl.com
hub2.crazycatgirl.com
hub3.crazycatgirl.com
hub4.crazycatgirl.com
animecorner.no-ip.com
AnimeNation.no-ip.org

Download speeds can be slow at times but on average I download from people at about 10k/s but to get stuff you must have stuff if you dont you wont be able to get into most of those hubs

and if your into comics or older american shows this is a really good hub for them

megaman.gotdns.com

Rick S.

jinnai_animexcalibur

Some of the hubs can ask up to 10 gigs of anime before entering. :o

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

www.shinodasound.com

ChibiSerenaChan

Quote from: "optimusprime"wow these things never stay on topic do they?

best place for anime of any and all kinds no matter how old it is would probably be "Direct Connect"

official client is here ---->   http://www.neo-modus.com

better unofficial client is here ------->   http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

connect to these hubs
hub1.crazycatgirl.com
hub2.crazycatgirl.com
hub3.crazycatgirl.com
hub4.crazycatgirl.com
animecorner.no-ip.com
AnimeNation.no-ip.org

Download speeds can be slow at times but on average I download from people at about 10k/s but to get stuff you must have stuff if you dont you wont be able to get into most of those hubs

and if your into comics or older american shows this is a really good hub for them

megaman.gotdns.com

Rick S.

wow thanks!! though neo-modus i remember Cloud refferring that to me while ago.. but then when i had it... i was REALLY confused >>_<< i didn't know what to click and yeah >T_T<

how does http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/ work??
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Saffy

i. want. broadband. BAD.
POCKY
Because you never forget your first box.

GIANT POCKY
Because some like it harder, better, faster, stronger

Images coming soon!

jinnai_animexcalibur

It costs a little more, BUT ITS WORTH IT. If you have Cable or Satellite tv, see if they offer discounts on adding their internet access ^^.

www.shinodasound.com

ChibiSerenaChan

>T_T< gah!! nm *has no help wat so ever... *
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

gotensfr1

Quote from: "Saffy"i. want. broadband. BAD.
*laughs at Saffy-kun*

yea personally I hear DC is pretty bad actually ^^;

Serenachan, what connection do u have? I suggest iMesh but according to Saffy-kun it installs Gator on your computer. So far it hasn't done anything on my comp if it's on it.

Also it connects into the Kazaa network as far as I can tell. But since it's never been mentioned in the newa so I dunno if the RIAA is able to get people on iMesh by scanning Kazaa's network. But it's speeds easly beat Kazaa. I've gotten up to 120kb/s several times while dling stuff.

I just searched for Escaflowne and only ep 19 didn't show up. I'm sure I can find it after another search. As for Angelic Layer.....i dunno ^^; not many eps showed up and availibilty is low. so yea, think about it

Also just for RIAA is general, they are looking for people sharing music as far as I know. I don't think anime eps fall under that ^^; So I'm not worried at all. I only have eps and AMVs from amv.org so I don't think I'll be sued. I'm broke anyways :\
watashi wa mou.....nigetakunai!

ChibiSerenaChan

wow thats good hmm i should try though for sharing anything you guys.. i can't!! i rarely have files on my computer to keep if i want to be dl more!! my computer doens't have enough space so i can only have like one or 2 downloading programs or something... then i can only keep like 1 or 2 anime vids to my computer... therefore i send all the things i've dl to my brother's computer.. and yeah >O_o< ehh..

Imesh eh?? thats new.. i have DSL for my internet connection
One of the Original

gotensfr1

Then as long as you don't mind the possibility of getting Gator, get iMesh. Delete every p2p except BT and iMesh and you will be pretty happy :)

Saffy

gotensfr1, SHINDEKUDASAI!!!!

now that thats settled, gator just takes up ram. it doesnt seem to do much else, but i have caught imesh installing things without telling me. forexample, what does "sahdownloader.exe" sound like?

external hard drives arent so bad, ive heard...
POCKY

GIANT POCKY

Images coming soon!

ChibiSerenaChan

Quote from: "gotensfr1"Then as long as you don't mind the possibility of getting Gator, get iMesh. Delete every p2p except BT and iMesh and you will be pretty happy :)

uhh.. i'm not good with most things in the computer so yeah.. but what's p2p??

can i not get gator at all??

my brother was supposed to install new things to my computer but he still hasn't so i have to go through what i go through right now until he does
One of the Original

Saffy

just delete gator! its called GMT.exe. although deleting too many of the spyware programs installed by p2p programs can cause them to stop working...

ugh my dload speeds suck... XP
POCKY

GIANT POCKY

Images coming soon!

gotensfr1

p2p = peer to peer

As for Gator, Saffy-kun uninstalled it so you can ask him about that ^^;
so yea, go ahead and post yaro-kun XP

gotensfr1

Quote from: "Saffy"just delete gator! its called GMT.exe. although deleting too many of the spyware programs installed by p2p programs can cause them to stop working...

ugh my dload speeds suck... XP
FEAR MY CABLE!! XD

ChibiSerenaChan

>^_^<;; uhh ok sure thing
One of the Original

mstingray

download search and destroy to be rid of yourselves of any spyware.  most P2P clients install spyware on your computer.
former staffer

Saffy

like i said... #-.- if you remove too much it may not work...

WHY?! WHY WONT BT WORK FOR MEEEEEEE?!!!!!
POCKY

GIANT POCKY

Images coming soon!

jinnai_animexcalibur

use an alternate BT prog like "burst"

www.shinodasound.com

RyuHayabusa

or get the experimental version of the Bit Torrent Client that has a control panel: http://ei.kefro.st/projects/btclient/
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC