Anime Downloading

Started by ChibiSerenaChan, October 20, 2003, 10:01:27 AM

ChibiSerenaChan

come on i know half of you download anime XD

well anyways i need help.. is there a program where i can dl old anime?? because Bittorrent only downloads recent ones.. i'm talking about old ones like uhhh i don't know?? lol i want to finish angelic layer.. but bittorrent doesn't have it.. i want to complete my vision of escaflowne but they don't have it on bittorrent as well... any downloading program that's so easy to use but also fast? i was requested once before.. but it didn't seem to work.. and i didn't understand what to do after looking through everything.. is it also one where i can download music??

i would dl in Kazaa but i know most of you know Kazaa has problems.. people getting sued and fined a huge amount of money. i didin't want to touch Kazaa after hearing about it. ehh didn't want to bother..

well any downloading programs do you know to help me? >^_^<;;

thank you!!

*~Stupid hyper ChibiSerenaChan~* >^.^<
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Suspicious

eep, RIAA scare tactics are actually working.

I can give you Angelic Layer, and I think my friend has most of Escaflowne.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

Nemuren

Well you should have a hard time finding Escaflowne because it has been fully released in the US for some time now, and the first volume of Angelic Layer just came out. Fansubs are not meant to detract profit from the rightful owners, so if you really like those shows you should support the domestic release.

CloudStrife546

I have Escaflowne!

Bad quality...but I have it nonetheless....I'm not sure if this helps you at all..

ChibiSerenaChan

believe me i'd really like to help and buy the dvd's of them and support.. but i think i've bought enough of my most favorite ones (which is like what more then i don't know anime.. but i have tons of anime i bought on VHS when i was younger and tons now.. but at the moment no more money.. and i just want the complete series i have the same, like dvd's of Marmalade boy, all  HAVE TO BE DVD!! or VHS of Fushigi yugi ALL HAVE TO BE VHS!! u get what i'm talking about? i don't like having half of the series to be data disks, and the other half dvd's it's just yeah weird... >>_<<

Suspi: you think i can get Angelic layer? how? >O_o< i have 1-18.. i need the rest to 26 (right?) Escaflowne, as in what format? vcd? computer file? >@_@< i confuse myself
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Suspicious"eep, RIAA scare tactics are actually working.
That's because people don't realize that no organization in the world has the resources needed to track down and file suits against every bootlegger.

I also suggest going the DVD route.  Gotta love that A/V quality.  Fansubs pale considerably by comparison.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

jinnai_animexcalibur

Fansubs never intended to compete with the authentic dvd version.
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

Tsubasa

I know.  Just pointing out that because the DVDs have such better audio and visual quality, they should be far more desirable to watch.  Why settle for less, eh?
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

jinnai_animexcalibur

heh..im the type who gets anime in all kinds of qualities....exept fan-dubbed XD

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

www.shinodasound.com

ChibiSerenaChan

heheheh yeah i know i agree!! but then i don't really mind the audio and video quality much.. unless it is REALLY REALLY bad!! i watch most things on my own computer since i don't have a dvd player for my tv or on my computer (this comp is old!!!) and i'd have to watch DVD's in the living room NOT VERY COMFY IF U HAVE STIFF COUCHES YA KNOW!! lol j/k but still i don't mind the ones that plays on the computer since thats what i've been seeing most of time (mostly from borrowing a series from friends that they only play on computers >>_<<) i just want to watch the series!! thats all i care about!!

oh and yeah like i said i'd buy more dvd's but i'm not rich yet!! *is still searching for a part time job*
One of the Original

jinnai_animexcalibur

i have a friend who has a copy of vampire hunter d on ....BETA....:eww:..... :shock:

www.shinodasound.com

Suspicious

Hmmm... anything can be recorded on magnetic tape, as long as there's enough...right?

*somehow records a Digi Charat episode onto a credit card*
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

ChibiSerenaChan

ehh?? okay i'm confused now >^_^<;;
One of the Original

RyuHayabusa

well, Gouki sent me this link last night:
http://www.downloadinganime.org/
and you can get the new stuff there
another site is
http://www.animesuki.com
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

ChibiSerenaChan

uhh ryu-kun.. its still using bittorrent.. and i was talking about the old anime that you can't really download on bittorrent since BT is only for the newest anime... read what i'm talkin about man!! lol j/k XD but downloadinganime.org.. i never understood that site when i was looking at it >T_T< and as for anime suki thats for bittorrent!! they don't have angelic layer or escaflowne!!!
One of the Original

RyuHayabusa

oh ok my bad, serena-chan. I will drop you off the 2nd DVD-R of TMM though lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

SuperKawaiiNeko

Whats wrong with beta?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed: You got the wrong one!
Spike/Jet: Huh?
Ed: Thats VHS!
Spike/Jet: Huh??
Ed: It wont play Beta! ^.^
Spike/Jet: HUH?!? O.o
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

frumpy

Quote from: "jinnai_animexcalibur"i have a friend who has a copy of vampire hunter d on ....BETA....:eww:..... :shock:

Beta is still widely used in the entertainment industry. If you compare beta and vhs tapes, beta is actually the better quality. One of the reasons why beta was phased out of mainstream was because it was expensive. Vhs is actually a cheaper medium to use, however the quality isn't as good.
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

jinnai_animexcalibur

Didn't sony discontinue the format a few years ago? Wow, it lasted longer than LD! XD

"BETA = Cassette tape."

"VHS = 8-TRACK??"  :shock:

www.shinodasound.com

SuperKawaiiNeko

I wish I had beta. I know someone who has the original starwars trilogy on beta.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010