Anime Downloading

Started by ChibiSerenaChan, October 20, 2003, 10:01:27 AM

astroboy

I remember "back in the days" when I first got started into anime. The anime club that I went to would copy VHS tapes for us. But they had a policy of no copy/distributing anything that has been picked up by an American company. Think of it as a "code of ethics amongst otakus" if there ever was such a thing.

Man do I feel old. I hope I don't get sent to the "glue factory" :wink:

SuperKawaiiNeko

A code that is still followed today. Now THATS honor.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

optimusprime

Quoteor get the experimental version of the Bit Torrent Client that has a control panel: http://ei.kefro.st/projects/btclient/

those experamental clients are eeeeevil...... people tend to leech and set thier upload at 1k/s just be a good boy or girl and get the official client

Rick S.

CloudStrife546

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"A code that is still followed today. Now THATS honor.

At least, the fansubbers try to keep the code true.  Yet...so many people do not follow the code...

Ah....it is hard...

RyuHayabusa

yeah, like those idiots that sell fansubs on e-bay and HK DVD sets.. :x
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

ChibiSerenaChan

ehh?? >O_o< i uhh am lost now...
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

SuperKawaiiNeko

*hugs Serena* Its ok, you dont have to understand. ^^ This has turned into a conversation for us anime old-timers, and has touched on one of the very basic and most honored traditions of anime otaku fandom. You dont really need to understand what we're talking about, just understand one thing: Never purchase, download, or distribute fansubs of an anime after that anime has been licenced by an american company.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

ChibiSerenaChan

err uhh eheheh >^_^<;; okay if you say so

but i don't really sell anything really.. i'm always keeping my anime >O_o< cause i love my collection so much!!! XD

thats me a big time collecter of anime, stuffed animals, and pillows and so on lol kay (is off topic again >>_<<) ehh n e ways
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!