Sakura Con 2009

Started by Jerry, February 19, 2009, 10:41:21 AM

Jerry

Sakura Con
http://www.sakuracon.org/
Washington State Convention Center
Seattle, WA
April 10th ~ 12th 2009.

Well, I'm jumping the gun a bit. Mostly because my roommates are going and I will probably not. >_<
*I punch economy in the face* but regardless, is anyone else going?

I hear its a pretty decent Con, minus getting rained on since I hear that area is notorious for cloudy and rainy weather, but I would figure it would be a Cosplay nightmare, but sure enough a good number of hard core cosplayers are out there too.

If I do stay behind in Cali, I might as well throw a few random partys at my place that weekend.
That and I need to live vicariously thru my roommates who are going and anyone else probably meeting up there.

Anyone besides my roommates going?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Aeredon

There's an 80% chance that I'll be going since I'll be touring up there the day before the con anyways. I NEED to see Girugamesh play >w<

SOawesomeness

Washington's too far for me. :P
Course if I'm not going out of state anyways and I somehow procure a ride and room, then, maybe.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Jerry

nothing like hitch hiking up to oregon, and then somehow finding the luck to randomly crash in a room.

Then again I'm almost certain people have done crazier or weirder for Fanime. I wouldnt doubt it for a momment :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

J Ryoga

I'll be heading to SakuraCon next month. Drop me a line when you're there! I'll be cosplaying as Link (in my profile pic), Master Form Sora from Kingdom Hearts II, and some version of Naruto Uzumaki (Time Jump, Sage, or 6th Hokage.)

Ghostie

Its kind of depressing that I moved away from Seattle before I ever got the chance to go to Sakuracon.

Sadly, I wont be able to go, because it's the very end of my spring break and I dont want to do the whole sleep deprivation after a break again. XD I know that one of my friends in WA is going as Gokudera, and another will likely be going as a dark nurse or something. A third's going but she hasn't decided on her costume. XD;

If you guys do go, though, definitely bring a jumbo sized umbrella. I've never walked around the convention center to see if there's covered outdoor areas, but west Washington is /always/ cloudy. For an example, I went back for a week in the summer, when there was actually sunlight; it sprinkled or rained 7/7 days I was there, at some point. Most locals don't even use hoods, but I suggest it for any spiky wigs.

Amelia Seyruun

My group and I will be going.  ;D It's the first time for them, but the second time for me.
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

mDuo13

It would be cool to see Girugamesh (commercial notwithstanding) but I'm totally not gonna be able to go. Someone let me know how it is.

gmontem

Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Shinsengumi

I would like to check it out one if this days, but I don't have any money to go or even travel.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Amelia Seyruun

Quote from: gmontem on March 18, 2009, 12:37:21 AM
GIRUGAMESH!

I don't understand. What's this 'Gilgamesh' thing?
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

ultramangaia

Quote from: Amelia Seyruun on March 25, 2009, 10:19:08 AM
Quote from: gmontem on March 18, 2009, 12:37:21 AM
GIRUGAMESH!

I don't understand. What's this 'Gilgamesh' thing?

They`re a Japanese metal/ visual band.

Amelia Seyruun