STREET FIGHTER/DRAGONBALL GATHERINGS!!

Started by SukebeStudios, February 19, 2009, 02:07:35 PM

SukebeStudios

OK! I figure I'll start this one a little bit earlier than my Friday the 13th gathering WHICH NOBODY SHOWED UP FOR! (Thank you very much...dammit.)

But this time I figure since it's more "anime oriented," why don't we gather for Street Fighter: The Chun Li Chronicles at the Great Mall!? And then another later for Dragonball Evolution. So...let's meet up for the earliest showing that they have available, and afterwards, we can go to Dennys, then come back to my place to play Street Fighter IV, and Dragonball Z Burst Limit on 360. Think about it, my room has a 32 in HD tv, and a surround sound stereo system hooked up to my 360. CUMMON PEOPLE! LET'S DO IT!!!!

Oh yeah, when Dragonball Evolution comes out, and we gather for that, I'll wear my GOku outfit!!

DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION GATHERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry

according to my sources. DB:E is not showing until April 3rd.

so who knows what I'll be doing then, and If im not busy saving the world from zombies, I'll stop by the gaming.

Though, I'm not a fan of burst limit.

my 2 cents would be a Sf:chun li gathering and then playing Sf4.
but thats if I had the time and the money. :P

*punches economy & ninj4 -> in the face*
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

SukebeStudios

All right people, in a few days Street Fighter: The Chun Li Chronicles is coming out. Let's gather at the Great Mall Century Theaters and go to Denny's afterward. THEN...we can get together at my place to play Street Fighter. Cummon people...let's make it happen!!! I'll be wearing a RED HEADBAND LIKE RYU!! AND GLASSES!!

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

SukebeStudios

This Friday is the STREET FIGHTER gathering!

Kazuko

well chun li comes out this friday if im right, sides why are you so angry? based on your last post it was very unorganized and no one really officially said that they were going to go.

Imma have to slide since im doing something friday c: well besides mulling over a hot serving of international Politics plus money is tiiiight and I dont know if Chun Li is worht my recession dollars atm

Edit: its also a little too soon to say omg gathering lets go right now plz, it takes some planning like if you set the date for like next week maybe you can get a decent group to go together

SukebeStudios

SOrry, I'm not angry, I'm just excited! I'm hoping this movie is going to be better than the 1st attempt at SF.

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration

SukebeStudios

Well, not that eager to stay up so early...maybe we can do the 1st afternoon show. How about that? More agreeable?

Runewitt

i would.. but i have to clean up after Street Fighter at work.. they're doing the dry run at work right now.
wish i'd gotten in on it.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

SukebeStudios

Hmm...looks like another gathering possiblity is goin down the toilet. I'm hoping some people will respond, but honestly, my hopes are sinking. Oh well.

P.S.
I DID start this thread a while ago...i just changed the thread name cause nobody responded. So don't say I'm doing this "LAST MINUTE."

Jerry

If anything pulling gatherings out of thin air are really hard to do.
you and like a few others on this board have a hard time to make a central theme for a gathering unless its EVENT related:
ie: Wonder Con, Fanime, SF Cherryblossom etc.

Look @ the 3/8 gathering, movies are NOT that popular.
heck you dont take first dates to movie. :P theres a reason(s) why.

IMO u should probably goto the 3/8 gathering build some street cred first and then once ppl actually SEE you and get to know you could have the ability to have a successful gathering then it may materialize better in the future.

Anyway thats my 2 cents.

I'm all for OTHER people to have successful gatherings at their home or based off their own theme. because apparently every 'hates' my lame gatherings.  ::)

Again good luck with that. [oh and gatherings of 12:01am] for ppl you barely know?
not really a good idea.

*shrugs*

SOawesomeness

Can't, it turns out. I have a project to invoke my wisdom to and then dinner to go to.
Sorry. o:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

j9isawesome

Don't most people have school or work during the day time on Fridays? That's why gatherings are almost always on Saturdays or Sundays. I'm working all day on Friday.
Formerly known as Felicity869

rude32

Quote from: j9isawesome on February 26, 2009, 08:42:09 PM
Don't most people have school or work during the day time on Fridays? That's why gatherings are almost always on Saturdays or Sundays. I'm working all day on Friday.
Same here.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Mizuki

The new SF movie has gotten a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

And the 1st SF movie was not bad at all, I don't understand the hate for it.

Jerry

Quote from: Mizuki on February 27, 2009, 02:09:09 PM
The new SF movie has gotten a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

And the 1st SF movie was not bad at all, I don't understand the hate for it.

really? I just think Raul Julia could have had a better final role.
I mean, E honda Hawaiian... Balrog [the black boxer] working for Chun Li?

Kylie Minogue as Cammy?

The only saving grace for me back then was
Ming Na Wen [voice of Mulan and Voice for Dr. Aki from Final Fantasy: Spirits Within [movie] as Chun Li

that and such a horrible ending screen shot.
no continues and this is the ending i get?

Kazuko

dude kylie minouge makes an awesome cammy whachu talkin bout D<

Jerry

Quote from: Kazuko on February 27, 2009, 02:31:30 PM

No Cammy is hot, I had nothing against her :P
I'm just saying I feel bad for Raul Julia id anything.

rude32

Quote from: Jerry on February 27, 2009, 02:47:30 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on February 27, 2009, 02:31:30 PM

No Cammy is hot, I had nothing against her :P
I'm just saying I feel bad for Raul Julia id anything.
For real, he did a complete 180 on the awesome scale when compared to Gomez Adams.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer