What Manga Are You Reading Lately?

Started by mDuo13, February 20, 2009, 12:05:00 AM

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Ooarashi on March 31, 2009, 03:31:37 AM
Otomen - A manga pretty much no one knows about. XD I love it though. I usually don't stick around or even read a manga if it's not finished/ doesn't have many chapters out, but this one is really great.  :) It just takes a really long time for people to translate the chapters. DX

oh I know about that series! I heard it was pretty good from whats out so far. Been wanting to read it myself, actually.

so besides the others I listed, I also recently started reading Hot Gimmick. Enjoying it so far ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

mDuo13

Quote from: RaddaX2 on March 04, 2009, 03:23:56 PM
I think I was reading Blame! last time but I couldn't get into it.  I think I was 300 chapters in and I STILL didn't know wtf was going on.  I might try it again sometime later when I might be capable of appreciating it but just not now.
Eh, Blame!'s appeal should be obvious. If, like me, you love the art and are therefore willing to spend the time necessary to figure out what's going on, then you'll like it. Otherwise, you should just take a pass. (Same goes for Nihei's new manga, Biomega.)

supernatural093

Naruto and Kekkaishi... but I'm into One Shot now.

HuggalotXOmocha

Saiyuki: I've had the manga for a long time. But I have just started to go back into the whole 'reading-almost-every-day' kind of thing. I LOVE Saiyuki. I love the fact that it is based off an old chinese legend. And I love the art, Im big on that. The characters just want to make me die(not because that they are sexy, but because of their background).

The Tarot Cafe:I personally dont like(hate, almost) drama/romance. But THIS. Im just in love. Im in love with their fashion. Im in love with the Tarot Cards idea. Im in love with the many different stories they have under one magical plot. And I love how it's not JUST a yaoi/shounen-ai, not JUST a yuri/shojou-ai(SP?), and whatever the word is for a straight pairing. xD It has everything in it. Such a magical book.

Sunara Ishi

Manga

Soul Eater: I'm addicted to it. X.x; I was introduced to the series by the anime but I love the manga more. The manga is epic. XD

Skip Beat: Kyoko~ <3 Another I'm addicted to. I love all the characters, the company and the Love Me section. Corn <3 Mr.Beagle <3 XD;

Kuroshitsuji: Yet another I am addicted to. Much better than the anime. The first chapter could have been better but the rest is awesome. It has its own dose of epic now and then. XD

Tegami Bachi: I discovered this through a poster. XD I often find series I like through its art. (I discovered D.Gray-man and some other series by their cover art.) I found it and checked it out; it is quite good. Niche~ <3

Ice Revolution: It is very original. About a girl raised in karate dojo and treated as a boy by her family. She meet a boy involved in figure skating. So she wants to figure skate to be more girly. Her motives are a little shallow but it is good.

Nana: I've been following this manga for awhile. I love all the works by the mangaka; they never seem to disappoint. The latest arc is so sad. Poor Nana~ T.T Poor Hatchi~ T.T

Manwha

Laon: It is about a kitsune who lost its tail in a bet and ends up in the human world with only the knowledge that it needs to find its tails and ears. I don't know why I like it. Maybe because it has a slightly dark nature and I seem to love such natures in my manga/anime.

Trump: I started reading this one with hardly any expectations but it turns out it is good. Drama, comedy and a little magic/sci-fi is fun. XD

I have a lot of series I have put on hold also. >.>;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

narutofan17

What am I reading.........oh yeah

Negima
Oh My Goddess
Steel Angel Karumi
Boys Be
MyHime

I can't remember the rest lol
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

koji

I'm still keeping up with Bleach, Naruto and One Piece. I also decided to pick up (and caught up with -_-) FMA for the first time since they're re-producing the anime.

Otherwise:
Psyren - I personally think this will get an anime when it has enough chapters. Love this shounen/action.
Break Blade - More scanalations for this came out recently (hurrah). Mecha made out of quartz?
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - Getting kinda blah right now, so I don't really pick up the newer chapters right away.
Zero - Not really manga, but still excellent.

vash9898

Otaku no Musume-san i was just randomly on a scanlation site and it was new and the name caught my eye so i started reading it and it hilarious.X3
its about an otaku who finds out he has a nine year old daughter and she has to live with him now  :p

Ichigo 100% or Strawberry 100%: im just reading them out as they come out in America and it became like one of my new favorite manga. It has such a good story echhi mixed with romance i love it :3

MikoChika

hmmmm.. been reading just a few lately. stoped buying most just so i have somthign to buy and read at con XD!!

Yen plus- a magazine like Shonen jump. I really enjoy all the series found in it.
Kurohime- pretty good series, it gets alittle corny at times but what can one expect from an action/comedy/romance manga?
Negima- it's still good in my opinion and they are finally getting more into Asuna's past.
Tsubasa- I find it amuseing how emo this series has gotten.
XxXHolic- Yuko is as awesome as ever, and hints of her true self is being revealed, little by little.
Black God- The series is just now starting to pick up, and the reader knows enough about each character to form an opinion.

There are a few others that i have on hold right now. but these are my current reads.
Please, don't feed the moogle.

BumbleB

Quote from: MikoChika on April 20, 2009, 10:12:41 PM
hmmmm.. been reading just a few lately. stoped buying most just so i have somthign to buy and read at con XD!!

Yen plus- a magazine like Shonen jump. I really enjoy all the series found in it.
Kurohime- pretty good series, it gets alittle corny at times but what can one expect from an action/comedy/romance manga?
Negima- it's still good in my opinion and they are finally getting more into Asuna's past.
XxXHolic- Yuko is as awesome as ever, and hints of her true self is being revealed, little by little.
Black God- The series is just now starting to pick up, and the reader knows enough about each character to form an opinion.

There are a few others that i have on hold right now. but these are my current reads.
I have always wondered and I'm not a pervert but is xxxHolic Hentai? because you know XXX stands for something...
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

MikoChika

Quote from: BumbleB on April 20, 2009, 10:21:09 PM
Quote from: MikoChika on April 20, 2009, 10:12:41 PM

I have always wondered and I'm not a pervert but is xxxHolic Hentai? because you know XXX stands for something...
Have you ever seen XxXHolic wraped up when on the shelfs at a book store? I don't think so. Plus, it's a CLAMP manga, to my knowledge they haven't done anything 'hentai' ever. Then again i can't speak for back when they were dojinshi artists. read the summary of it sometime. You'll see the title really doesn't give you any hints as to what it's really about. Don't ever judge a manga by it's title, you'll find you'll miss out on quite a few good reads.
Please, don't feed the moogle.

BumbleB

@mikochika I just watched the trailer. I was wrong. It looks pretty interesting. I always asked that question because I accidentally watched a Yuri show without knowing what it was about. :o
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

neko ewen

Ichigo Mashimaro: Been re-reading this exceptionally cute slice-of-life manga. Looking forward to getting my hands on vol. 6.

S.S. Astro: 4-panel manga about four quirky high school teachers. My favorite is the nurse who's obsessed with seeing blood.

Suzunari: 4-panel manga about a girl who winds up with a "twin sister" who looks just like her but with bigger boobs and cat ears.

GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class: Yet another 4-panel manga, about art students. Lots of stuff about art materials and color theory.

At some point I need to get caught up on Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist...
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

Gekido 87

Gantz Cant wait to see what there new mission will be like! There last mission was sadly a slaughter, on touch or a grab from an alien you get seriously injured or die (suit doesn't quite help anymore.)

Mahou Sensei Negima Negima's battle with Rakan was in epic proportions! I wonder who will win the tournament?

Deadman Wonderland Over the top violent! I wonder if Ganta will ever be able to fully control his Branch of Sin.

Eyeshield 21 Will the All-Star Japanese team beat the American team. And will Sena be able to defeat Panther in the battle of speed?

And here are other the other well known manga's I'm reading Naruto, Bleach, Kissxsis, Initial D,
Futari Ecchi, Highschool of the Dead, and Hunter x Hunter.

I get my manga's from: Stoptazmo.com, mangafox.com, and Boxtorrents.com
I'm in Despair!

narutofan17

OH YEA! How could I forget Flame of Recca

WHY DID THEY DISCONTINUE THE DNANGEL MANGA! T_T
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Gekido 87

Quote from: narutofan17 on April 29, 2009, 02:38:09 PM
OH YEA! How could I forget Flame of Recca

WHY DID THEY DISCONTINUE THE DNANGEL MANGA! T_T

I feel your pain. I was into it back then, and at some point it stopped  :'(
I ended up just watching the anime.
I'm in Despair!

xXunyuuXx

Lately I've been into Dragon Drive since season two in the manga came out and D Gray Man @_@

OpheliaCat8

Wasn't there a rumor going around that the artist for DNAngel was going to start working on that series again....like sometime this year.  just a rumor though....no basis for it.
Anyway.

SKIP BEAT! - I love this manga and it's the one that i've been keeping up with the most...religiously.  Its funny, random, and nakamura's art is wonderful!!  I like the drama too.  I recommend her other work, Tokyo Crazy Paradise.

BLEACH - haven't kept tabs on this for a long while, but recently started reading it again from the beginning and plan to get as far as it's been translated......whew! that's a lot.  I like the action and the stupidity.  There's also a lot of drama and forshadowing that make reading more interesting every time I read it.

SAMURAI DEEPER KYO - this is also one that i've been making sure to keep up with, though i haven't looked at any scanlated versions of it.  It just seems more interesting when I have the book in my hand, probly cuz of the massive amounts of talking they do.  It's not something I can read quickly on the internet. I like to just enjoy it slowly.

Overall, I'm behind in a lot of my manga cuz I haven't had any money.  I'll catch up as soon as I get my financial aid for the fall semester. But these are the one's that i've focused on more than the rest.  Of course, I still read my other collections too.
"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

Haruka

Shugo Chara! and re-reading MegaTokyo for the sixth time.  Anyone know when 6 is coming out?
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

Kaura117

It's a pity that scanlations for it have been rather... slow... but Pandora Hearts is seriously entertaining me.