Yu-Gi-Oh!

Started by chorikawa, February 21, 2009, 05:55:27 PM

chorikawa

Last year at the Yu-Gi-Oh! tourament, you guys were playing traditional & advanced format. Will this year be traditional or advanced format?

TC X0 Lt 0X

No clue.
But I do know one thing...

T-DAD is DEAD!!!

EDIT:
Advance is almost assured if there will be one.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shinsengumi

Mostly likely it's gonna be advance format, there's hardly anyone that plays traditional. I haven't played in months.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

TC X0 Lt 0X

I'm bored.
Does anyone want to play me Via AIM?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

Wow, people still play this game? I remember playing back when Monster Reborn and all those good cards were legal...

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Mizuki on April 01, 2009, 11:56:59 PM
Wow, people still play this game? I remember playing back when Monster Reborn and all those good cards were legal...
Monster Reborn is legal. Now.
The game is so broken compared to back in the day...
Well, maybe not as broken as the Envoys, but still...
What makes you think people don't?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 02, 2009, 03:29:48 PM

It felt like a fad when it came out, thought it would be over ran by MtG (like most TCGs that try and come out)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Mizuki on April 03, 2009, 02:23:48 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 02, 2009, 03:29:48 PM

It felt like a fad when it came out, thought it would be over ran by MtG (like most TCGs that try and come out)
It has a lot of players.
Not sure how well it does vs MtG, but you can find tournaments all over. 2 tournaments a month at our local Anime Shop.
Though about 3 months ago Official Play was dropped do to Konami going to court with Upperdeck who controls the US game. UD allegedly made counterfeit cards, and so Konami stopped sending cards, and eventually found a loop in there contract and started to release cards here on there own. UD basically gave up and canceled all Offical Play in the US. So until Konami restarts Official Play, us players are left with just locals. Not that I have ever been to a Regional game, but the Hobby League Cards you get for participation were cool. Never completed my Gadget Collection...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

mac dre

last year when i came 2 fanime i had no idea they had yu-gi-oh, and when i saw i just saw a bunch of players .. did u guys have a tournament? and if so can someone tell me how it went?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: mac dre on April 17, 2009, 09:30:44 PM
last year when i came 2 fanime i had no idea they had yu-gi-oh, and when i saw i just saw a bunch of players .. did u guys have a tournament? and if so can someone tell me how it went?
There was a Tournament last year.
This year maybe not because UppDek dropped official play and Konami has only just picked it up.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shinsengumi

I stop playing cause no one from my area doesn't play anymore plus I haven't bought any cards in almost a year.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Shinsengumi on April 18, 2009, 01:11:24 AM
I stop playing cause no one from my area doesn't play anymore plus I haven't bought any cards in almost a year.
Well I don't even own a Deck.
The last true deck I owned was a Elemental Hero deck from 3 years ago.
Then the Fusions where stolen along with all my favorite cards.

I have made a few decks from the cards I own, but I would not call them real decks as all they are for is to allow me to play while I wait to make a real deck. But a competitive deck would cost 200 or so dollars, so I'm waiting until after Fanime to do so.

Until then I'm running my friends  Gravekeeper Oppression Deck. The Gravekeepers will never die...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ultrazyn

The local guys from space cats comics hosted the tourney, last year it was traditional format.

and bruce lost to the peanut butter guy

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: ultrazyn on April 21, 2009, 12:36:39 PM
The local guys from space cats comics hosted the tourney, last year it was traditional format.

and bruce lost to the peanut butter guy
Everyone knows that guy had a Envoy Deck...
Most broken deck ever.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shinsengumi

I use to run a Six Samurai deck, what sucks for me that I don't have Grandmaster of the Six Samurai.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Shinsengumi on April 23, 2009, 03:03:45 PM
I use to run a Six Samurai deck, what sucks for me that I don't have Grandmaster of the Six Samurai.
I was thinking about running 6Sam, but the meta has killed it.
Those bastard Fishes will rule the game...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Eliteslayer

Last year was Traditional, so I skipped the tournament. I'm hoping for Advanced this year. There's no one around my area that plays YGO, so it's only when I get to go out and meet other players that I ever get to trade or play against new opponents. (I run an End of the World deck; say what you will about rituals, I like it, although I have incorporated the Sky Scourges and Synchro monsters into it. I also have a Dark Dragon deck, but it's a deck with Dark Armed Dragon in it, rather than a deck based around Dark Armed Dragon.)

Also, if any YGO players also happen to be YGO cosplayers, stop by the gathering I'm hosting! There will be card games and trading there as well. (Link to it is in my sig)
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

TC X0 Lt 0X

I love Rituals too. Elemental Mistress Doriado is my favorite card. To bad Advanced Ritual Art is not unlimited anymore though, it would make the hard cards easier to use by far.
Synchro's have become apart of the core of the game. The only competitive deck I know that does not use them is Gladiator Beasts, and Contact Fusion is really just the same as Synchro. My poor LADDs.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

benkei0769

Hi, guys and gals.

This is the Second at Tabletop gaming.  Yu-Gi-Oh! this year will be traditional format.  But, due to legal issues tournaments will not be supported.  But, we will still have unsacntioned tournaments so bring your cards.

Shinsengumi

I don't know if I'm gonna bring my cards this year cause I really don't have the time to play at fanime cause I'll be with my friends along with my girlfriend, plus friends that I haven't seen since last years fanime.