Noby Noby Boy - A game about a boy and a girl

Started by lyricaldanichan, February 22, 2009, 05:17:28 PM

lyricaldanichan

I just got this guy a few days ago on the PSN network. I am surprised there isn't a thread about this game here. What is this Noby Noby Boy? I am glad you ask, here is quote from Wikipedia:

Noby Noby Boy (のびのびBOY, Nobi Nobi Boy?) is a game for the PlayStation 3 video game console by Keita Takahashi of Namco Bandai, creator of the Katamari Damacy series. The game was released worldwide on February 19, 2009 One of the meanings of "Nobi" is "stretch" in Japanese.

The player takes control of a worm-like quadrupedal character referred to as BOY. Using the controller, the left analog stick moves the front of BOY while the right stick controls the back. By moving both ends in opposite directions, BOY's abdomen will stretch to great lengths. The player may maneuver BOY around its environment, interacting with stationary objects like houses, or AI-controlled characters such as barnyard animals.

The player accumulates points by how much they stretch during gameplay. These points can be submitted online via a character called Sun to another character called GIRL. Points submitted online by players to GIRL will be added cumulatively, causing GIRL to stretch. Beginning on Earth, GIRL will stretch to the Moon, then to several other planets, each unlocking new playable environments for BOY to stretch in. The Noby Noby Boy team expects players to take between one to two weeks of cumulative play time to reach the Moon.

I was very skeptical of this game when it was announced at TGS and  how cheap in price the game At first this game was frustrating to play, mostly with how the camera reacts to your moves. Once you are over that hurdle the game is a lot of fun. Apparently there is a co-op mode, but I think that doesn't get activated until the Girl makes it to the moon? I also like the screenshots and YouTube options which has developed some very interesting and hilarious videos (here is my contribution -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSZp-IYdmWQ). ISo is anybody else playing this besides SFIV?

beefcup

I lust for this game.  The new multiplayer addon is the most terrifying thing I've ever seen.

lyricaldanichan

Too bad it is offline multi-player, but yes it is a weird and addicting game. I wish there was a official soundtrack for it and it is coming out for the iPhone/iPod Touch!