SLeeping schedule?

Started by xOchiix, February 22, 2009, 06:44:07 PM

Yuki Valentine

Simple=  I don't sleep.

If you are having trouble with finding yourself dozing off, then you aren't having enough fun!  Late at night and in the early hours of the morning, have an ongoing party that lasts for that entire period of time, drink lots of coffee, eat lots of ramen and candy and laugh nonstop.  ^_^
Please check out my 8tracks account and add me!
http://8tracks.com/yuki_valentine

My YouTube account- http://www.youtube.com/user/xYukiValentine

PLEASE PLAY AND DONATE!!!

freerice.com and freepoverty.com

michiko nakano

chris-barstow

Alright I agree that sleeping during the convention is unbearable but please do it, don't relay on caffeine it gets really annoying in the mornings when alot of the con-goers are in a zombie trance and they kind of shuffle through the halls.(caffeine wares off)

michiko nakano

yeah, i fully endorse those that can/try to stay up the whole con, but you gotta admit that every power nap you can fit in will do you lots of good.  You know that not every single hour of the con is jam packed with events you can't miss, so go to a hotel room (yours or a friends), set the alarm to go off in an hour or two, and at least lie down and rest your body.  It can't hurt.

Jerry

as "fun" as it would be to run about 4+ days without sleep Fanime Staff probably doesnt recommend it

though I could easily believe that ALOT of fanime staff probably dont sleep because of other reasons. :P

For the most part, all of the "good stuff" is usually going on between 10am til about 2am or so.

I'm really curious what would be still considered "fun" between the hours of 2am thru 10am. besides the 24 video/game rooms, and randomness of the general concourse.

Again please do not decide to fall asleep in "random" places around the convention, please sleep in a hotel room, or your home. Dont sleep in public, the video/game rooms or on the concourse. its for your safety.

I wouldnt consider it fun- if someone were to get hurt, because they nodded off due to lack of sleep.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ewu

Quote from: Jerry on December 09, 2009, 01:46:34 PM
I wouldnt consider it fun- if someone were to get hurt, because they nodded off due to lack of sleep.

Been there, Saw that, Paramedics called......not fun, expensive for the con, taxpayers, AND you.

sleep, eat, and hydrate....shower too
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jerry

Quote from: ewu on December 09, 2009, 03:19:10 PM

Been there, Saw that, Paramedics called......not fun, expensive for the con, taxpayers, AND you.

But seriously, if you really want to NOT sleep for 4+ days straight, just be safe about it. --- if at all reasonably possible.  :)

Boba

Insomnia and I do not go well together D: When I try to sleep a little, I end up sleeping more than I would've if I had just the right amount of sleep, missing out on a LOT of things. D:
For me, I plan on doing this sleeping schedule.
Fri : 10/11:30pm to 6am/8am
Sat: hella late (raveee?) to hopefully at latest 8am
Sun: Same
Mon: HELLA early wake up D:
Add my @live.com email on Faceboooook! 0:

Jerry

Quote from: Boba on December 10, 2009, 08:06:22 AM
Insomnia and I do not go well together D: When I try to sleep a little, I end up sleeping more than I would've if I had just the right amount of sleep, missing out on a LOT of things. D:

If my memory serves me correctly- i thought there was an actual cut off time for the rave? im pretty sure it shuts down around 2 or 3am [standard club like rules] "you dont have to go home and you cant stay here" rules. 

By this point 3am to 9am is where ppl who are still awake, wander the concourse, try to sleep in video rooms [but staff doesnt allow it] and or zone our playing video games in the egaming room [open 24 hours] - Rovers [fanime staff] get some pretty interesting stories as we wander around the convention during those hours. :P

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jerry on December 10, 2009, 08:36:29 AM

If my memory serves me correctly- i thought there was an actual cut off time for the rave? im pretty sure it shuts down around 2 or 3am [standard club like rules] "you dont have to go home and you cant stay here" rules. 

By this point 3am to 9am is where ppl who are still awake, wander the concourse, try to sleep in video rooms [but staff doesnt allow it] and or zone our playing video games in the egaming room [open 24 hours] - Rovers [fanime staff] get some pretty interesting stories as we wander around the convention during those hours. :P

Why I want to be a Rover. =3

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

Quote from: Steve.Young on December 11, 2009, 02:49:25 PM
Rovers sleep? Wtf?  ???

You dont sleep, because your a fricking robot during Con Steve.

otaku_duckie

I'm only going to be there Friday and I'm going to be wiped out, I have work in the morning hours and I'm heading straight to the con after work and then i have to stay up all day until the Flow concert....5 hour energy=friend
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

Lizchan33

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 11, 2009, 10:49:06 AM
Quote from: Jerry on December 10, 2009, 08:36:29 AM

Why I want to be a Rover. =3
Good old Roving :D
One of the best parts of having to wake up early during con

abcbadcat

I'm thinking I'll probably sleep from 4am-7am due to having to pay for parking and take a little nap during the day.

I love wandering around during the wee hours of the morning

Sora

I think I typically sleep 4-5 hours a night or 6 at the most. I stay up a lot on the last night, Sunday.
"Don't give me any orders."

AuroraDreamer

Wait people actually sleep! JK
I usually get around 4-5 hours as well. It all depends on how chatty I am.

Chosen_Entity

Fri. - 3 to 7
Sat. - 4 to 7
Sun. - 3 to 7
Mon. - 10 to whenever I feel like!

I'm so glad I'm staying the extra night down there. Was NOT looking forward to driving after a hard weekend of con-going. :D

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: ewu on December 09, 2009, 03:19:10 PM

been there done that >.< I had the meds called on me XD.
I was not tired, but getting there.
I fainted I later thought it was due to lack of sleep XP

BrightHeart76

I always intend to stay up late, get up early...enjoy every moment of Fanime.  Then I get there.  And I remember that I am much too old to survive on only a few hours of sleep.  I get my 8 hours, and I hardly miss anything. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.