SLeeping schedule?

Started by xOchiix, February 22, 2009, 06:44:07 PM

vash9898

im terrible at falling asleep when excited ;_;

narutofan17

The concept of sleep does not exist at Fanime. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Glitch

I stay up late and then wake up sometime before noon. I need plenty of rest because I intend to go into battle fully charged. I wanna be fully awake when I enjoy the con.

Mango Bunny

Quote from: Glitch on April 22, 2009, 11:45:46 AM
I need plenty of rest because I intend to go into battle fully charged. I wanna be fully awake when I enjoy the con.

This.

darkstar

Oh come on...  Anyone knows they don't even want you at the con if you don't have a hotel room for every damned night...  It's the only reason they're around...

Seriously, I almost punched out one of the rovers two years ago...  And far worse than that if I had actually gotten my hands on something by the last day.

otaku_duckie

Quote from: vash9898 on April 22, 2009, 12:53:42 AM
im terrible at falling asleep when excited ;_;
Me too!! I stay up for hours the night before fanime and when I'm finally sleepy enough to go to sleep it's time to get up and drive......
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

Knightfire

Quote from: darkstar on April 24, 2009, 11:21:06 PM
Oh come on...  Anyone knows they don't even want you at the con if you don't have a hotel room for every damned night...  It's the only reason they're around...

Seriously, I almost punched out one of the rovers two years ago...  And far worse than that if I had actually gotten my hands on something by the last day.

I think someone is over exaggerating.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

First Degree Burn

Seeing as how I nearly fell over from drowsyness at 7pm in the artsist alley last year, I probly will be getting alot of sleep before going off to the con. As for a schedule..kind of revolves around when Mom wants to pick my lazy butt up and drive me to the hotel. <.< -lame-

darkstar

Quote from: Knightfire on April 25, 2009, 08:15:27 PM

Actually, no.  If I were to attend the con this year, there's about an 80% chance I would end up in jail by Monday.

Knightfire

Quote from: darkstar on April 26, 2009, 05:34:02 PM
Quote from: Knightfire on April 25, 2009, 08:15:27 PM

Actually, no.  If I were to attend the con this year, there's about an 80% chance I would end up in jail by Monday.

Over not having a room? C'mon man, it's not worth starting a hissy fit over that.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

ewu

Quote from: darkstar on April 26, 2009, 05:34:02 PM

We have been through this. You will do what you will do and we will do what we will do. Whatever threats realized or not will not change our policies, what we do, or how we do it. We have established our policies for the safety of other members and as per the guidelines of the many organizations that we work with. The only thing you will accomplish is make it harder to do our jobs and limit our ability to put on good programming.

Thanks for wanting to come to Fanime. We look forward having you.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

havok rt

well considering I have a room this year I'll probably end up getting a bit more sleep. I can't pull alnlighter at fanime it mess up the next day for me and I end up zoning out in a video room or waiting for my turn for karaoke. But this year I'm aiming for 3-4hours of sleep (it really more of a nap) a night plus I'm buying 20bucks of Red Bull to give that extra boost. But come Monday night I'm crashing until Wednesday morning.  ;D
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

narutofan17

Quote from: havok rt on April 28, 2009, 03:00:33 AM
well considering I have a room this year I'll probably end up getting a bit more sleep. I can't pull alnlighter at fanime it mess up the next day for me and I end up zoning out in a video room or waiting for my turn for karaoke. But this year I'm aiming for 3-4hours of sleep (it really more of a nap) a night plus I'm buying 20bucks of Red Bull to give that extra boost. But come Monday night I'm crashing until Wednesday morning.  ;D
Yeah, I usually just Smash Till Dawn in the game room
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Gekido 87

2-3 hours of sleep? Why not just take short naps 30min - 1hr is fine enough to charge your strenght! Only sleep if your seriously tired or you pass out from drinking. ;)
I'm in Despair!

Relsek

Quote from: Mango Bunny on April 17, 2009, 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: Relsek on March 21, 2009, 01:16:22 PM
Some of my friends and I are going to be going to Fanime for the first time this year and are staying at one of their houses about 10-15 minute drive from the convention. I was wondering if people ever sleep at the convention center if only an hour or two of sleep is needed per night. We regularly have all night video game parties at each other's houses and stay up all night at including a 3 day party and where we only got about 30 minutes of sleep the second night. Since driving to and from the convention center plus parking and such seems like a pain, what do you all think we should do? Thanks.
-Relsek

Well, if you mean sleeping IN the con, then you'll probably get shoo'd away. If you mean in a hotel room... Well, I like them. Even if I was close I'd want one if it was joined. I love just running up and dropping stuff off, showering, napping, etc etc and running down again. They probably wouldn't let you sleep in the car in the parking garage, but you could try? Who would be paying attention really anyhow? My vote : Bring a blanket and nap in the car.

Thanks for the response. I had considered the car, but unfortunately mine is far too small for 4 teenage guys to sleep in lol. We were also too late to reserve a hotel room and didn't have that type of money. Thanks again.

-Relsek

WrentheFaceless

Sleep? Durring a con? You must be joking

abcbadcat

I've been staying up for countless hours on weekends hanging out with friends

I'll probably get tired out by the rave, get some sleep, then go to the game room whenever I do wake up

GAHHHHHHH, I CAN'T WAIT!

OpheliaCat8

Sleep can be regulated, if you plan it well.  I've only been to cons that were in my hometown, so I had a nice bed to sleep in every night, and was usually back at the con by noon.  I missed out on the morning panels though.  And the last con I went to I couldn't participate much cuz I had to be at work at 8pm til 3am.  That left about 4 hours of sleep if I wanted to get there by 10am. 
This year, I plan to sleep by 3am and get up by 8 or 9am.  I need to sleep.
Once I was sleep deprived and I fell asleep while I was driving on the freeway.  The funny thing was, I was singing at the top of my lungs....in japanese! And I still fell asleep....or my mouth was still moving and singing while my brain shut down....that was kinda scary.
Another time, I spent the whole week playing a Final Fantasy game, going 18 hours at a time and sleeping 6.  No work...go figure.
"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

darkstar

Rule of thumb:  They don't want you.

They want you to dump $50-75-100-more/night into a hotel that you will not use.

The only reason these cons are allowed is because they fill the hotel space.

The only hotel I'm going into if I were to attend is the Crowbar Motel, because I should've put that chair through the front window two years ago at 4 AM Monday.