SLeeping schedule?

Started by xOchiix, February 22, 2009, 06:44:07 PM

Relsek

Some of my friends and I are going to be going to Fanime for the first time this year and are staying at one of their houses about 10-15 minute drive from the convention. I was wondering if people ever sleep at the convention center if only an hour or two of sleep is needed per night. We regularly have all night video game parties at each other's houses and stay up all night at including a 3 day party and where we only got about 30 minutes of sleep the second night. Since driving to and from the convention center plus parking and such seems like a pain, what do you all think we should do? Thanks.
-Relsek

shinjiboy

I don't plan to modify my sleep schedule too much.  It may be boring but the only time I intend to stay up is if there no morning/afternoon showing of an Asian cinema film I really want to watch. 

narutofan17

That's funny. For what I've notice every time someone I know or myself comes up with a sleep schedule it never goes to plan. You can come up with a sleep schedule if you think you can follow it but it's just a waste of time for me. I sleep when my body gives out on me lol.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

AnimeEmperor

Sl...sleeeeeeeap? Slep? What word is this...I don't...recognize it.

Maybe I should check wikipedia.

otaku_duckie

Fanime last year I didn't sleep all to much. At most I got like 7 hours the whole weekend.
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

Haruka

Sleep?  At Con?  Surely you jest!

Oh, who am I kidding?  I'll be following around a hyperactive 12-year-old all weekend.  I'll be lucky if I'm still conscious after 10pm!
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

heeroyuy135

If anything, the only time I need sleep is right before I drive back home

HuggalotXOmocha

I don't have a schedule. I stay awake until I drop dead asleep onto the halls, or at least until they kick me out. 8D

LastExile

Quote from: HuggalotXOmocha on April 12, 2009, 12:42:13 AM
I don't have a schedule. I stay awake until I drop dead asleep onto the halls, or at least until they kick me out. 8D
Same. x]

Knightfire

Schedule all you want, it never goes as plan. I planned on staying at the rave last year for like an hour, ended up staying for 4. Afterward I walked in my room, fell on the floor and when to sleep.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Nick Zebra

I've learned NEVER EVER SLEEP. It usually happens anyways. What with all the excitement

Honestly, it's when ever you get drowsy > <

narutofan17

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on March 28, 2009, 07:40:13 PM

Not worth checkin. Even if you look it won't register in your brain. We otakus lack the brain function to sleep when in "otaku mode". XD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

otaku_duckie

Quote from: narutofan17 on April 15, 2009, 11:55:56 AM

Not worth checkin. Even if you look it won't register in your brain. We otakus lack the brain function to sleep when in "otaku mode". XD

lol that's so true I bought the complete series of an anime I hadn't seen in a while, after I got home from the con I stayed up for 18 hours to watch the whole series and I missed school the next day.
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

narutofan17

Quote from: otaku_duckie on April 17, 2009, 04:36:51 PM
Quote from: narutofan17 on April 15, 2009, 11:55:56 AM

lol that's so true I bought the complete series of an anime I hadn't seen in a while, after I got home from the con I stayed up for 18 hours to watch the whole series and I missed school the next day.
Me and my friend calls moments like that brain farts. XD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Mango Bunny

Quote from: Relsek on March 21, 2009, 01:16:22 PM
Some of my friends and I are going to be going to Fanime for the first time this year and are staying at one of their houses about 10-15 minute drive from the convention. I was wondering if people ever sleep at the convention center if only an hour or two of sleep is needed per night. We regularly have all night video game parties at each other's houses and stay up all night at including a 3 day party and where we only got about 30 minutes of sleep the second night. Since driving to and from the convention center plus parking and such seems like a pain, what do you all think we should do? Thanks.
-Relsek

Well, if you mean sleeping IN the con, then you'll probably get shoo'd away. If you mean in a hotel room... Well, I like them. Even if I was close I'd want one if it was joined. I love just running up and dropping stuff off, showering, napping, etc etc and running down again. They probably wouldn't let you sleep in the car in the parking garage, but you could try? Who would be paying attention really anyhow? My vote : Bring a blanket and nap in the car.

abcbadcat

I need to find more things to do super super late/early but I usually passout after the rave (and I usually go every night)

So I will probably go to sleep from 4AM-8AM then do things

Lordsnow

Quote from: Relsek on March 21, 2009, 01:16:22 PM
-Relsek

When I went last year I saw lots of people sleeping around. A few people were sitting in the halls sleeping, in the early early hours(1-3am). One of the most popular places to rest were the hotels... people just sat in the couches sitting around outside and konked out. People would take advantage of the dark and sleep in the video rooms during night. Friends could just take turns sleeping like watch shifts at a campfire. ..so yeah alot of sleeping in or around the halls.
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

Roguethe

I like to be out to fanime generally around 7AM
And when I leave depends on a lot of things.
But I generally don't get much sleep, even when I am back at the hotel. XD

I draw sometimessss

jemz

Whoever is driving needs to sleep. Even if you're only driving a short distance away, sleep deprivation is not good when you need to be alert on the road. What if the driver falls asleep and crashes?

If you and friends were staying at a hotel, I wouldn't really comment on how much sleep I think you would need because you're not endangering people in a moving vehicle and you are responsible for your actions (but I would probably suggest a minimum of 6 hours every day).  And you wouldn't have to worry about parking your car or driving if you had a hotel room to sleep in at any time of the day.

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って