SLeeping schedule?

Started by xOchiix, February 22, 2009, 06:44:07 PM

InsaneChan

Not getting sleep during the con is sorta ridiculous 0_o To each their own, but for me, I prefer not to have the crash during the best parts of the con! Typically, my friends and I will leave around 2am, and then wake up around 10am to head back. Nothing of grave importance happens during those hours of precious sleep, and then you can be re-energized and feeling good about another round of no-stop con craziness for the next 16 hours. Bragging about staying up for 4 days is lame enough, but then actually attempting it? Not exactly the right way to gain respect from your fellow con-goers.
Love. Life. fANIME.

michiko nakano

Quote from: InsaneChan on May 20, 2010, 09:39:35 AM
Not getting sleep during the con is sorta ridiculous 0_o To each their own, but for me, I prefer not to have the crash during the best parts of the con! Typically, my friends and I will leave around 2am, and then wake up around 10am to head back. Nothing of grave importance happens during those hours of precious sleep, and then you can be re-energized and feeling good about another round of no-stop con craziness for the next 16 hours. Bragging about staying up for 4 days is lame enough, but then actually attempting it? Not exactly the right way to gain respect from your fellow con-goers.
People are going to stay up no matter how much you tell them they should sleep.  Some people are biologically able to stay up for longer periods of time than others.  Besides, it's got nothing to do with gaining respect, it's about how things are more enjoyable in a state of slight delusion (due to lack of sleep) and how you can have more con time if you stay awake. 

EJAY420

yeah, im not gonna diss someone cause theyre lacking sleep. kinda stupid if u ask me. heck, if thats what they wanna do, who am i to stop them? let them enjoy it. I doubt that  anyone will be up for 4 days straight.....unless they're crackheads.
Most Impressive.

Hikaru Kazushime

Will be sleeping regularly but strategically to make the most out of Fanime and not be a weird zombie roaming the con.

I'm sure I'll know when I'll be sleeping after the official PDF schedule's are released. ^^

Xanreo

I store up on sleep™ during the week leading up to Fanime by sleeping 24/7, therefore I don't need to sleep during Fanime.

I'm absolutely serious.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

abcbadcat

No way people are gonna be up for days straight without ANY sleep. Stupid.

I've been staying up super late due to finals and working on papers.
My sleep schedule has been wake up around 11am and crash around 5am

5 hours is plenty IMO

RandR

definitely recommend some sleep, because i stayed up until me and my friends passed out from partying lol. We eventually woke up but we also eventually realized that we missed a lot of events like the rock paper scissors contest  :'( . Manage your time GET SOME SLEEP so you don't miss anything either!

michiko nakano

yeah make sure you don't sleep through anything *coughliquid!cough*

Nephilim

I plan to sleep at least a little bit every day, although one all-nighter probably wouldn't be bad. I'm planning on having a flask with a couple bottles worth of 5-hour energy on me at all times.

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

SuperCoolPeeps

Go to bed around 2 on day Zero

wake up around 9 on day 1

:> go to bed around 3am on every other day xD and wake up at 9 unless I die.
Fanime 2010 - Because we rock
Chidori Kaname, Tessa, Sousuke
Azula, Zuko, Katara, Sokka
Ceada, Marth, Miciah, Ike

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: SuperCoolPeeps on May 22, 2010, 02:43:53 PM

Similar to what I had planned out. I could go to bed around 3 to 4am.

Raydere

I'm usually at the con center until about 3-3:30AM, then head back to my room intending to sleep until about 9 AM, only to be woken up around 7-8AM by roommates waking up around that time.

I should probably be a bit wary about that; one year I went back around 3 and I had absolutely nowhere to sleep, hence why I got a sleeping bag the year after.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

EJAY420

guys, just make sure to get some sleep! I'm telling u, when u get in ur 30's, sleep will be ur best friend. It's funny, vice versa when i was younger.
Most Impressive.

Runewitt

i'm thinking 4-5 hours a night. thats my normal at home.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

SuperCoolPeeps

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on May 22, 2010, 10:36:10 PM
Quote from: SuperCoolPeeps on May 22, 2010, 02:43:53 PM

Similar to what I had planned out. I could go to bed around 3 to 4am.
Then you and I should be friends :>
Fanime 2010 - Because we rock
Chidori Kaname, Tessa, Sousuke
Azula, Zuko, Katara, Sokka
Ceada, Marth, Miciah, Ike

Soramunesanzun

My body is odd.
If I'm REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SOMETHING, I can be like "Omg 8D [insert awesome here] is tomorrow i have to be awake by [time] 8D" and then stay up really late and still wake up at EXACTLY two minutes before [time].

I have no idea why o.o But I love it <3 So I'll sleep every night probably.

Mordyan

During con I average 5-6 hours of sleep. Though I make sure I get a full nights sleep Thursday night to carry me through the rest of the short nights.

Of course if I am feeling tired I have been known to cut out early for bed.

I went without sleep once for the last night of con. But I was a zombie the next day. Glad I didn't have to drive. I passed out on the car ride home. Now I just stay Monday night at the hotel and recover.  ;D

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Mordyan on May 23, 2010, 07:20:37 PM
I went without sleep once for the last night of con. But I was a zombie the next day. Glad I didn't have to drive. I passed out on the car ride home. Now I just stay Monday night at the hotel and recover.  ;D
Sounds like what I did back in '06.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Foxberry

Probably sleep will be 1am/2am till about 8am or so. I'd rather not look like the undead for photoshoots. O_o;

michiko nakano

yeah i got overhyped last year and wanted to stay up and enjoy every moment of the con, but by the end of sunday i was napping on people's shoulders and wanting to roll around on the ground.  actually after the black and white ball my friends and i just layed down on the con floor in our dresses and relaxed.  that carpet gets sooooo soft when you're sleep deprived.