Lolita Panel and Fashion Show

Started by j9isawesome, February 23, 2009, 06:50:50 PM

j9isawesome

Kazuko, venusivy and I plan on hosting a panel going over lolita fashion that ends with a small fashion show showcasing each substyle. Right now we're gathering people interested in modeling in the fashion show. We're looking for real people. Age, weight and height don't really matter. :) Just keep in mind that if you don't have your own outfit to wear that the loaner outfits are limited and we might not be able find something right for you.

Models must be-
*18 or over
*Willing to commit to the project. If you're not able to be in the show after all please let us know right away so we can find a replacement.
*Able to show up an hour before the panel to check in and rehearse

(We're looking for 2-4 people for each substyle/theme so don't worry if someone else already said they wanted to wear the same substyle as you.)
Substyles we'd like to include-
•   -Sweet
•   -Gothic
•   -Classic
•   -Casual
•   -Aristocrat
•   -Boystyle
Common themes we'd like to include-
•   -Kuro/Shiro
•   -Hime
•   -Country
•   -Sailor
•   -Pirate
•   -Steampunk
•   -Wa/Qi Lolita
•   -Guro Lolita

If you're interested please contact me (reply here, PM me or send me an email at [email protected]) with the following info-
1. Which sub-style(s) or theme(s) you'll be wearing.
2. A photo of yourself in what you plan on wearing (or if you want to model but don't have your own outfit then a photo of yourself and your bust & waist measurements so we can try to find an outfit for you to borrow). If there are multiple outfits you're choosing between or multiple sub-styles or themes you'd be willing to wear, feel free to include pictures of many outfits.
3. An outfit rundown-What brand(s) which parts of your outfit are from. (Your outfit doesn't need to be made up out of brand items. Well made, truly lolita homemade or offbrand outfits are welcome, we'd just like to see a photo of it first)
4. Email address to keep you updated between now and Fanime.

If you'd like to offer up some of your clothes for other girls who do not have their own to borrow during the fashion show please let me know. It would be super helpful if you could include photos of what you have to offer and measurements of each item.

*If you don't know what this whole Lolita thing is all about check out the lolita handbook on LJ-http://lolita-handbook.livejournal.com
Formerly known as Felicity869

Kazuko

c: I would love to help out as much as I can, I have a casual sweet lolita outfit that I can wear if you want me to model or I could help you co-host. I have been into lolita fashion since 2002 so about 7 or 8 years haha.

slimchance

I would like to be a model.  Are there any requirements to be model?

1.  Do I need to send you a picture?
2.  Age requirement
3.  Height and Weight
4.  What kind of lolita outfits are you looking for? 
5.  Any requirements on the outfit.

j9isawesome

Quote from: Kazuko on February 23, 2009, 06:57:27 PM
c: I would love to help out as much as I can, I have a casual sweet lolita outfit that I can wear if you want me to model or I could help you co-host. I have been into lolita fashion since 2002 so about 7 or 8 years haha.
Official cohost ;)

Quote from: slimchance on February 23, 2009, 07:59:28 PM
I would like to be a model.  Are there any requirements to be model?

1.  Do I need to send you a picture?
2.  Age requirement
3.  Height and Weight
4.  What kind of lolita outfits are you looking for? 
5.  Any requirements on the outfit.

I wasn't going to ask for specific info until I knew for sure if this was happening, just trying to get an idea if there was interest out there but might as well get stuff ready just in case-

1. Yes please, more so to show the outfit you plan on wearing. You can post it here or send me a PM
2. Not really. 35 and under?
3. Nope, I'm looking for real people. Short, tall, skinny, chubby, it's all good.
4. I was hopping to find enough girls (or boys) to have a 2-3 people in each style- Sweet, Gothic, Classic, Punk, Aristocrat and Boystyle (if possible). I'm sure sweet lolitas will be the easiest to find so if you wear any other styles that would be prefered.
5. Just that it's truely lolita. No glued together cosplay with cat ears and a square dancing petticoat. It doesn't have to be brand, but if it's not brand then it needs to be well made and 100% lolita.

Kazuko

Quote from: j9isawesome on February 23, 2009, 09:14:16 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on February 23, 2009, 06:57:27 PM
Official cohost ;)
x) thanks! Cant wait to hear more from you

Kazuko

Im bumping this cause we still need models c:

Sunara Ishi

I would be willing to model. I just don't know if my stuff is Lolita or aristocrat enough... I only have a couple jackets and a few black frilly shirts that I wear under them. I have some old jewelry and shoes I got from my grandmother that may work.

I would need someone to point out if this stuff is Lolita or Aristocratic enough or to loan me clothes to use. -.-; I love this stuff but I am no expert.
My crap stuff. My skirts are useless and the dress is only useful for something like Guro Loli because of the stains. >.>; I also have that maid cafe stuff from the 1st year... >.>; If either of you could point out what might be useful, that would be awesome. It is stuff scraped together and definitely not brand.

I figure that I probably will have to borrow stuff.

I would prefer to do either Punk or Aristocrat/Boystyle... But my resources are extremely limited. -.-;
I don't mind Gothic or something like Gurololita but I'll take what is available... -.-;

[Edit: I'll see about modifying a black skirt and something else into a petticoat.]
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Nina Star 9

I am willing to both model and lend out outfits (I wouldn't have enough pettis for every outfit, though...), but it depends on when the panel will be, since there are times that I wouldn't be able to do it (especially Monday). Everything of mine is homemade, but fully lolita and high quality (or high enough that you wouldn't know otherwise unless you looked inside ;P).

I'm mostly sweet (but not too over the top... you might want some brand to showcase sweet unless you wanted to show OTT prints + OTT non-prints + more subtle prints + more subtle non-prints to show many different forms of sweet) and classic, but I do have a couple of dresses that can be coordinated to either gothic or classic (and one can probably go punk is someone is good enough at coordinating darker styles, which I'm not), so those can be whatever you need. I also have a skirt that is easily sailor, so if you want to show some themed outfits, we can have sailor.

I'm also constantly sewing, so by con time I'll probably have a lot more outfits that can be shown.

But again, I have to know when the panel will be before I can commit to anything.

Kazuko

To answer any questions of "omg do I need to have brand to model" You dont have to shell out for brand, in fact handmade and off brand are welcome but we will require a photo of what you will be modeling in and if there is anything that may be changed

@Sunara: I can only see the green coat and the black vest that can be loliable, I think the green coat make a great steampunk lolita. I recommend that you check out the link J9 has mentioned. Plus you are free to borrow clothes as well, we will have some on hand but we may need measurements. Since lolita brands are all based on measruments, also keep in mind lolita and maid have no correlation with eachother though there are some aspects such as the use of heart aprons and lace top socks

@Nina: I would like to see your items c: I mean off brand and handmade are totally welcome, we are hoping to have the pannel on saturday but we wont officially know till fanime gets back to us on our date and time, we actually will be mentioning theme styles as well. Our pannel will try to cover all the styles as much as possible also in our fashion show as well

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Kazuko on February 26, 2009, 10:09:37 AM
To answer any questions of "omg do I need to have brand to model" You dont have to shell out for brand, in fact handmade and off brand are welcome but we will require a photo of what you will be modeling in and if there is anything that may be changed

@Sunara: I can only see the green coat and the black vest that can be loliable, I think the green coat make a great steampunk lolita. I recommend that you check out the link J9 has mentioned. Plus you are free to borrow clothes as well, we will have some on hand but we may need measurements. Since lolita brands are all based on measruments, also keep in mind lolita and maid have no correlation with eachother though there are some aspects such as the use of heart aprons and lace top socks
Ok. Thanks. I should see if I can find some examples of steampunk. I'd love to play with that in general. I'm trying to modify a long black skirt but it may not turn out right.

I'll get you my measurements. I probably would end up borrowing a skirt or whatever you two think is best for me to wear.

I just wanted to throw out there that I had that stuff... Thanks for reminding me though.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Kava

As a note, we don't generally confirm panel times until a few weeks prior to the convention. We might be able to give you a general idea before then though. It's generally much more effective for the panelist to clue us in to what events they don't want to be scheduled against, and then try to accommodate that. Masquerade will be on Sunday this year, so Saturday -is- probably a better day for something like this.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Kazuko

Quote from: Kava on February 26, 2009, 02:13:48 PM
As a note, we don't generally confirm panel times until a few weeks prior to the convention. We might be able to give you a general idea before then though. It's generally much more effective for the panelist to clue us in to what events they don't want to be scheduled against, and then try to accommodate that. Masquerade will be on Sunday this year, so Saturday -is- probably a better day for something like this.
We are actually hoping for saturday c: thanks for the note though!

Nina Star 9

I forgot to mention that I'm rather small, and since I made all of these clothes for myself... well, they are rather small, as well. If that is a problem (since things can always be pinned on the inside to be smaller but cannot be made larger), then maybe I will just model one thing and not lend anything. (I'm not too small - about 32"-24"-36", so someone who can fit into most brands would probably fit, I'm just giving you fair warning.)

I apologize for the bad mirror shots, but since I don't have a tripod/otherwise suck at self-timer shots, I don't have much of an other option. I can take more detailed shots of the clothes themselves if you want.

Classic/Gothic (?):
http://i42.tinypic.com/fddf94.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/adkpl2.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/27yv7fp.jpg (Lame backshot... that is a ruffled underskirt underneath)

http://i39.tinypic.com/309ljwx.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2qvw6mf.jpg (That's a fully shirred top and a close up of one of the 10 ribbon roses around the hem. I can get a better detail shot if anyone wants.)

Sweet:
http://i40.tinypic.com/55jqm9.jpg (Attack of the zombie face?)
http://i41.tinypic.com/vwv151.jpg (Attack of the stupid face?)
This dress has three small bows down the front and a shirred back, but I don't have better shots of that right now. This one is a bit larger, as well, unless I tailor it down to fit me before Fanime.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ziofwm.jpg (Non-loli coord, but you can see the skirt well)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2howzh4.jpg (I'm not sure about this dress, because the colour bled on the hearts so I don't know if it can be salvaged, so don't get your hopes up too much.)

I am also planning on making a yellow sweet/classic dress with fabric flowers attached very soon, so I can post pics of that as soon as I get it finished. I also have a coupld more outfits, but I don't really want those shown. If you are really having a hard time finding another classic dress (one that is more subdued, with an A-line skirt and such), then I can offer up one of them, but it isn't as nice as these others.

I hope that helps, and that I can make it to the panel. :D As long as it doesn't conflict with the B&W Ball or the loli picnic (which would be pretty terrible) or the karaoke contest if I get brave and decide to join (again), I should be able to make it.

j9isawesome

I updated the main post with more info for any interested models.

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on February 26, 2009, 02:40:12 AM
I would be willing to model. I just don't know if my stuff is Lolita or aristocrat enough... I only have a couple jackets and a few black frilly shirts that I wear under them. I have some old jewelry and shoes I got from my grandmother that may work.

I would need someone to point out if this stuff is Lolita or Aristocratic enough or to loan me clothes to use. -.-; I love this stuff but I am no expert.
My crap stuff.
Your stuff is super cute but I'm not sure any of it would really work for the fashion show. We'd still love to have you model. :) We'd need your bust, weight and height measurments to find an outfit for you.

Quote from: Kazuko on February 26, 2009, 01:11:33 AM
Im bumping this cause we still need models c:
Don't stress, we'll get plenty of models. Fanime is still quite far away.

Quote from: Kava on February 26, 2009, 02:13:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I did make sure to include that we'd prefer to have it on Saturday any time from noon to 5. So hopefully that works out.

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on February 26, 2009, 09:42:07 PM
I forgot to mention that I'm rather small, and since I made all of these clothes for myself... well, they are rather small, as well. If that is a problem (since things can always be pinned on the inside to be smaller but cannot be made larger), then maybe I will just model one thing and not lend anything. (I'm not too small - about 32"-24"-36", so someone who can fit into most brands would probably fit, I'm just giving you fair warning.)

I apologize for the bad mirror shots, but since I don't have a tripod/otherwise suck at self-timer shots, I don't have much of an other option. I can take more detailed shots of the clothes themselves if you want.
No worries about sizes. Having a variety of sizes of clothes for girls to borrow is perfect. I'm sure you're not the only girl on the smaller side. I really like your black dress and the red/white polkadot dress. I'm really hoping the panel will  be between noon and 5 on saturday or if not then the same time on sunday. So it shouldn't conflict with anything major like the B&W Ball or Masquerade.

Sunara Ishi

Yeah, I figured it wasn't quite right. Measurements sent by PM to you.

I do hope this doesn't end up conflicting with a gathering I was going to go to... If it does, I guess I'll just skip that. >.>;

Once I get my skirt made, I'll link a picture to get your opinions. I'm aiming for steampunk/gothic.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

venus_ivy

I'm happy to lend out just about anything from my wardrobe as well- it's mostly sweet with a bit of classic and gothic. Here's some of it- http://www.flickr.com/photos/venusivy/sets/72157602867086748/
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

Yunri-Chan

Hi; this sounds like a very interesting panel! Question -- is there no way that minors can model for this? As a someone who's been into lolita fashion for a long time (okay relative to the others posting here, not THAT long), I recently got my friends into lolita, and some of them are signed into agencies & are looking for extra shows to do outside of typical gigs etc. We're all juniors in hs though, so that's like the 16-7 age range :<;;

If you can't accommodate, don't worry about it :] Just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask! (Btw, I can also lend a wardrobe if need be, but my stuff is custom-fit (~size 00; yes, I have no hips = =).)
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

j9isawesome

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on February 27, 2009, 02:26:12 PM
Yeah, I figured it wasn't quite right. Measurements sent by PM to you.

I do hope this doesn't end up conflicting with a gathering I was going to go to... If it does, I guess I'll just skip that. >.>;
I'll make sure to let everyone know when the panel is as soon as a know. Chances are that won't be for quite a while.

Quote from: venus_ivy on February 28, 2009, 12:20:37 PM
I'm happy to lend out just about anything from my wardrobe as well- it's mostly sweet with a bit of classic and gothic. Here's some of it- http://www.flickr.com/photos/venusivy/sets/72157602867086748/
Thanks, you've got tons of great stuff. :)

Quote from: Yunri-Chan on February 28, 2009, 01:04:13 PM
Hi; this sounds like a very interesting panel! Question -- is there no way that minors can model for this? As a someone who's been into lolita fashion for a long time (okay relative to the others posting here, not THAT long), I recently got my friends into lolita, and some of them are signed into agencies & are looking for extra shows to do outside of typical gigs etc. We're all juniors in hs though, so that's like the 16-7 age range :<;;

If you can't accommodate, don't worry about it :] Just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask! (Btw, I can also lend a wardrobe if need be, but my stuff is custom-fit (~size 00; yes, I have no hips = =).)
I'm sorry hun, as of right know we're sticking with the 18 or over rule. I'll be sure to let you know if that changes.

questionette

Quote from: venus_ivy on February 28, 2009, 12:20:37 PM

omgsh.  what are the measurements for your things? soo adorable~

i would love to model in the show and i have no problem committing to the project but i don't have anything to wear :( i'm going to buy something off of fanplusfriend soon once i get the money before fanime though, so i'll post what I buy

KuroNek0

QuoteI'm sorry hun, as of right know we're sticking with the 18 or over rule. I'll be sure to let you know if that changes.

If it isn't any trouble, I would also like to be informed if that rule changes.

Kyaa~
Nina Star 9 and venus_ivy, the day I get wear your clothing would be the highlight of my life...*sigh*
* o*