Lolita Panel and Fashion Show

Started by j9isawesome, February 23, 2009, 06:50:50 PM

Sunara Ishi

I guess I can go ahead and still help out.

I was going to back out but I guess I don't need to.

But I still need an outfit to borrow. D:
What is going on there? Will there be stuff there for us to borrow on the day?

And do we need to show up at 10am for rehearsal?
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Kava

Oddly enough, I can answer that last question for you. If there's a rehearsal, it isn't at the panel room. Panels start at 10am, and a different panel will be going on in the room at that time. ^^;;
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

venus_ivy

The rehearsal will be in room L, downstairs in the convention center, at 10am. Thanks!
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

Sucrose

Great job, guys! I attended and it was really interesting and informative, and the fashion show was a treat. My boyfriend took a few pictures; most of them came out blurry due to the lighting, but I sorted through them and uploaded the best ones here: http://ddr.mytenser.com/v/fig/lolita_fashion_show/

Again, sorry if I don't have a picture of you from the fashion show, but he didn't take pictures of everyone and not all the pictures are nice and clear. Anyway, thanks lots for everyone's hard work, it was quite neat, and the only panel I was interested in seeing!
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

j9isawesome

Sucrose~ Those are great pictures, the best I've seen from anyone by far. Do you mind if I link to them over on the the livejournal lolita community?

questionette~ Thanks for the vidoes. Oh my gosh, I sound SO nervous. LOL, every other word out of my mouth is umm or uh. I totally appreciate them tho, I just suggest everyone watched them on mute ;) Oh, do you mind if I include links to your videos on the LJ lolita community as well?

There were a few hiccups along the way but overall I think the panel/fashion show went great and I hope that everyone in it and those that came to watch it had a good time. I can't possibly express how grateful I am to everyone that had a part in this show. You girls (and boy) really gave it your all and should be very proud of yourselves. Thankyou all so much. :)

Formerly known as Felicity869

Sucrose

By all means! I wish he'd gotten a picture of your cute outfit but in the only one he took you were in like the middle of a sentence so I figured it was best to omit. XD
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

Kava

So... we should schedule you for a shorter time slot next year? ^-^;
Rena

j9isawesome

Well if I had a chance to do everything the way I planned and all the models had shown up then it really would have been a full 2 hours. Unfortunately life kind of got in the way this year, in a way that will never happen again. Although if I do it again next year we'll just plan for less and squeeze it into an hour anyways. :)
Formerly known as Felicity869

Kava

:D  No worries. You weren't the only panel that ended early! I wasn't sure exactly what happened, but we can definitely talk about it later. Life and the economy are hitting a lot of us hard this year I think.
Rena

questionette

@ j9 - No worries you sounded like you knew what you were talking about up there and you did a really great job of doing a sort of improv with each of the models :D Oh and I don't mind at all you can do whatever you want with the vids! Enjoy~

Kazuko

Wow better late than never, glad the panel was a success. I was nervous especially with the turn out we had c: lets try to do this again next year~

my only complaint was the girl who was video taping shouldn't have sat smack dab in the middle isle where the models were walking through It was kind of a road block and a friend of mine who was trying to take photos for the event was blocked.