Lolita Panel and Fashion Show

Started by j9isawesome, February 23, 2009, 06:50:50 PM

Kazuko

Quote from: Poison_Desires on March 18, 2009, 03:56:07 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on March 18, 2009, 03:25:06 PM
Hi, If you read the first post then you should have emailed all of that to  [email protected] if you are interested in modeling. There was no real reason to post many pictures of yourself unless maybe it was outfit advice or something like that
No I didn't need advice. and yes I did read.
I just forgot to add some information to the email I just sent you, so I added it here.
And I didn't know I wasn't supposed to post up my pix. I just felt like posting them up that way to be more visual.
You didnt mention anything about that. Sorry.

Well let me know about your decision.

Its alright its just it kinda causes some clutter you could have just left it at one link to see all your pictures.

Baker!-!

do you have to have a fanime pass to be a model cause me madre might be interested
WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

Kazuko

Quote from: Baker!-! on March 18, 2009, 06:59:31 PM
do you have to have a fanime pass to be a model cause me madre might be interested
Yes you must have either a full weekend pass or a pass for the day we have the panel on, I cannot stress this enough because rovers will probally be doing badgechecks

j9isawesome

Quote from: Poison_Desires on March 18, 2009, 03:56:07 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on March 18, 2009, 03:25:06 PM
Hi, If you read the first post then you should have emailed all of that to  [email protected] if you are interested in modeling. There was no real reason to post many pictures of yourself unless maybe it was outfit advice or something like that
No I didn't need advice. and yes I did read.
I just forgot to add some information to the email I just sent you, so I added it here.
And I didn't know I wasn't supposed to post up my pix. I just felt like posting them up that way to be more visual.
You didnt mention anything about that. Sorry.

Well let me know about your decision.

*ehugs for everyone* It's no big deal. Sorry I hadn't responded to your email yet. We'll have boys wearing girly styles and girls wearing boystyle, that's fine by me. :) Do you own your own lolita clothes or would you need to borrow an outfit? If you're borrowing an outfit then I'll need your measurments (bust, natural waist, height).

I'm a little backed up on responding to models right now because we've had SO many people ask to model. I'll sort through everything on my next day off and list what styles we still need on my next day off, promise.
Formerly known as Felicity869

Poison_Desires

Actually more importantly, from the business aspect of this gig, I have a few concerns:

Is this a paid position? And if not, then are there going to be proffessional photographers? I would actually really like to recieve some copies of the shots that you get for my own personal portfolio if you don't mind.

And do you guys actually have an office where you do all your planning?
A phone number?
I actually wanted to exchange some contact information to get all of this set in stone...

Kazuko

Quote from: Poison_Desires on March 21, 2009, 11:05:03 PM
Actually more importantly, from the business aspect of this gig, I have a few concerns:

Is this a paid position? And if not, then are there going to be proffessional photographers? I would actually really like to recieve some copies of the shots that you get for my own personal portfolio if you don't mind.

A phone number?
I actually wanted to exchange some contact information to get all of this set in stone...
I mentioned this earlier a page back that this is NOT an industry based panel and will NOT build up a modeling portfolio since the whole thing is voluntary (everyone is volunteering to be a model and some are providing clothes or bringing their own). Meaning no one is getting paied to do anything its pure volunteer work, We wont meet up till the day of panel (with the exception of the hosts since we are going to be working on the content for the panel)

I guess if you have any questions please feel free to IM me my aim is on the sidebar

j9isawesome

Quote from: Poison_Desires on March 21, 2009, 11:05:03 PM

A phone number?

Oh, I'm sorry, there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding. Fanime is a very low key convention. "By the fans for the fans" and all that. This is not a profession portfolio building sort of thing. This is just a bunch of friends and some potential new friends throwing together a panel. We don't have an office to plan things out, most of the planning has been through AIM so far. If there happen to be any professional photographers that choose to come their photos are their own property and I doubt even I would receive copies of any shots. This is not paid, it's just for fun/we're asking for volenteers.

ZukoLKirafan1

I wish I were 18 so I can do this, I would totally participate! :D

Lelouche, I LOVES YOU!

j9isawesome

Quote from: ZukoLKirafan1 on March 28, 2009, 04:26:54 PM
We've actually decided to open it up to anyone 16 and above. Are you at least 16?

ZukoLKirafan1

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 28, 2009, 08:17:25 PM
We've actually decided to open it up to anyone 16 and above. Are you at least 16?

Nope, heh. I'm 14. ^__^;

Lelouche, I LOVES YOU!

Kaiami

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 28, 2009, 08:17:25 PM

!!!!!
Really?
I'm interested in participating!

PrincessCake

why 18 and over? WHY? why not 16+? God! I'm only 17.....

Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

Kazuko

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 16, 2009, 08:12:26 AM

umm...you know it was lowered to 16+ its said so two posts above you, no need to get so angry

Jerry

mostly because of legal issues :P but yes since its just a panel i believe [and of course i could be wrong :P] so long as you have a written consent form i think that most things such as panels, Artist Alley and a few other things

you may be 16+ at the time of con and participate with a parental consent form.

Rena or other staff? - Confirm please?

its amazing how much minors want to be apart of everything nowadays. :P
what ever happen to just 'being a kid' ?

I wish i could go back to those supposed care-free days.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

PrincessCake

Quote from: Kazuko on April 16, 2009, 09:04:10 AM
Quote from: PrincessCake on April 16, 2009, 08:12:26 AM

umm...you know it was lowered to 16+ its said so two posts above you, no need to get so angry
lol i wasn't getting angry lol
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

PrincessCake

Quote from: Jerry on April 16, 2009, 09:25:29 AM
mostly because of legal issues :P but yes since its just a panel i believe [and of course i could be wrong :P] so long as you have a written consent form i think that most things such as panels, Artist Alley and a few other things

but there's nothing sexual about a lolita expect if you talk to an average american. But its dolly like dresses....
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

j9isawesome

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 16, 2009, 09:41:43 AM
Quote from: Jerry on April 16, 2009, 09:25:29 AM

but there's nothing sexual about a lolita expect if you talk to an average american. But its dolly like dresses....
No one said anything about it being sexual. It's just that there are different laws for minors that want to work, for minors that want their photo taken, for everything.

Kava

Um, they're not talking about these individuals being on staff, just modeling Lolita for the panel.

There are, as someone else mentioned, various rules pertaining to photographing 'underage minors', so I'd assume that's the reason for the age limitations on how old the models need to be.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

*rei*

so with fanime in just a few days... when's the panel gonna be held? do we have a scheduled time yet?
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

Kazuko

Quote from: *rei* on May 18, 2009, 04:45:00 PM
so with fanime in just a few days... when's the panel gonna be held? do we have a scheduled time yet?
The panel is already up on schedule

The Intro to Lolita Panel and Fashion Show is on Saturday from 11am to 1pm at the Marriot Salon 4:6

Please Note that this is a TWO hour panel, One hour about lolita fashion, ect and the Second hour is the fashion show.

Thank you c: