Fanime’02 on KRON4 News

Started by ININ, February 24, 2009, 06:14:41 PM

ININ

Fanime'02 took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center Apr 26-28, 2002.  KRON 4 News did a news segment on Sunday.  Here's the video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YDGKl_-5ZQ

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

GokuMew2

Hehe, I spy Pokemon. ;D
"Only" 6000 attendees in 2002. We're up to what, 14000 now?
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Steve.Young

Including staff, guests, etc. we are up to about 15,000 bodies at con. Give or take. Not official, but estimation.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

talk about a flash from the past. :P im sure if you tried hard enough I'm sure there are random new clip-its from every year if we're lucky :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Barnes

Thanks ININ, you made my day  :)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

RadioactiveKitty

uhm do they really like put that on the news coz i could be in some serious trouble O.o like my parents have started watching KRON 4 just this year >.< and i crossplay EVERY YEAR! like what channels do thay put it on? KTVU and KRON 4 are the 2 my parents watch... PLEASE SOMEONE GET BACK TO ME!!!!!!

M

Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on February 26, 2009, 08:45:00 PM
uhm do they really like put that on the news coz i could be in some serious trouble O.o like my parents have started watching KRON 4 just this year >.< and i crossplay EVERY YEAR! like what channels do thay put it on? KTVU and KRON 4 are the 2 my parents watch... PLEASE SOMEONE GET BACK TO ME!!!!!!
Calm down.
We've had coverage on various media including print and television. It's not the same every year and sometimes we're covered over multiple channels/prints.

Keep in mind that this was FanimeCon 2002 where KRON covered us. It might or might not be them again for FanimeCon 2009. :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Shinsengumi

I guess I was a year late for that :-[, I didn't start going to cons until 2003 it was fanime too.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

RadioactiveKitty

Quote from: MPLe on March 02, 2009, 04:39:43 AM
Calm down.
We've had coverage on various media including print and television. It's not the same every year and sometimes we're covered over multiple channels/prints.

Keep in mind that this was FanimeCon 2002 where KRON covered us. It might or might not be them again for FanimeCon 2009. :P

another thing im all O.o over is the fact that they apparently NOT only watch KRON now they watch KTVU channel 2...

kollunz

doot

Tsu

Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 06, 2009, 12:03:46 PM
Quote from: MPLe on March 02, 2009, 04:39:43 AM
Calm down.

another thing im all O.o over is the fact that they apparently NOT only watch KRON now they watch KTVU channel 2...

Whoa, whoa, calm down.

First: The odds of a news team being there are unknown, and thus not guaranteed.
Second: The odds of a news team being there AND filming every cosplayer in sight are unlikely.
Third: The odds of them being there, filming, and filming YOU are unlikely.  Plus, if you saw them, you'd know better than to be throwing yourself at the camera, no?
Fourth: The odds of them actually showing footage of crossplayers on TV are unlikely.  It'd probably be considered controversial and get negative attention for the con rather than positive.  (I don't care either way, but I'm talking about the general public here... we're probably odd enough to them for dressing up at all, let alone cross-play). 

Tl;dr: Stay away from news vans and professional video cameras.  You'll be fine.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

ewu

uuum...15,000+ congoers.....1 you :)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Glitch

Oh god, I remember that news crew being there. I wanted to be on camera. XD
2002 was my second fanime, and my first time being their for the whole weekend.