Racist Music Just a Download Away on Mainstream Music Sites

Started by deonchan, February 25, 2009, 03:34:29 PM

PyronIkari

Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 19, 2009, 08:41:39 PM
you know i like the way you think-
some black girls saying "lets go to the jap store" thats not really racist, thats just saying they like japanese food/ style/ stuff... etc. idk i think this whole 'person one-"n*****" person 2 "you said n***** you are a racist"' is really getting old its a word it is used every day but it can hurt people. im not all lovey peace in the world kind of person, but it would be nicer if someone slipped and said it DOES not get their ass jumped because i have seen that happen. but still i think this is somewhat straying from the thread...

but in all honesty i do agree with what you say...

Are you serious? This coming from the guy who was talking about homophobic America is?

Jap IS racist... in the same way that nigger, gook, spic, wetback, camel jockey, etc. etc. etc. are racist. It's not a double standard, it's about being a hypocrite. Blacks call each other and say nigger all the time, but then act offended if someone of another race says it.

The thing is though, they *SORTA* have a point. The point that, they are allowed to, but others aren't, is legit. It's like me calling my friends gooks. We're joking around and mean no offense of it. However, blacks HAVE taken it further and use it in non-joking ways which nulls their point.

So it's not about a double standard, it's about being hypocrites.

Jap is just as racist as nigger is. It's just as offensive as faggot. Does that hit closer to home RadioactiveKitty? It doesn't matter so much about the usage, it's about the person that it affects.

But, it's also part of free speech as well. I CAN say any of those words, and it's not illegal. Morally most will find it wrong, but it's not illegal to do. But others are able to reply as they see fit.

That's what free speech is. People can say or express what they want, without physically infringing on anyone else's right. However, those people are fully capable of responding how they want.

Songs like this have every right to exist. People have every right to express how they don't like them.

Forcefully preventing these songs from existing infringes that right. Just like not allowing anyone to say they don't like it infringes on that right.

キティ

Pyron you are vicious- especially to RadioActiveKitty- i hear he is not going to Fanime, because of you, he is one of my friends, friends. i met him once. hes a mess >.> GETTING OFF SUBJECT!

PEOPLE ITS MUSIC! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT TURN IT OFF!
OR IF YOU CAN NOT PLUG YOURSELF INTO AN IPOD!
IF YOU CAN NOT GRIN AND BEAR IT!
its words, opinions, possibly not the wisest of, but it is opinions... just like all of yours in the forums here, just like mine, also like that vicious PyronIkari... THEY ARE OPINIONS!
i was once told "Opinions are like butts, everyone has them"

PyronIkari

Quote from: キティ on March 23, 2009, 09:19:30 PM
Pyron you are vicious- especially to RadioActiveKitty- i hear he is not going to Fanime, because of you, he is one of my friends, friends. i met him once. hes a mess >.> GETTING OFF SUBJECT!

PEOPLE ITS MUSIC! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT TURN IT OFF!
OR IF YOU CAN NOT PLUG YOURSELF INTO AN IPOD!
IF YOU CAN NOT GRIN AND BEAR IT!
its words, opinions, possibly not the wisest of, but it is opinions... just like all of yours in the forums here, just like mine, also like that vicious PyronIkari... THEY ARE OPINIONS!
i was once told "Opinions are like butts, everyone has them"

Dear Hylian_blooded, why did you make a new account to post basically to attack me?

I swear, one day I should just be mean. Like actually mean so you people know the difference. Only that is against the rules and I'll get banned.

Let people listen to whatever they want. Let people say whatever they want. As long as it's not physically hurting you either monetarily, or otherwise, you really have no right to stop them. If he's not going to fanime because of what I said...

hahahahahahahhaa.

That's pathetic. I didn't even say anything mean and merely pointed out how what he said was hypocritical. You can't say things like "Jap is not racist" then get offended when a different hate term is used as AN EXAMPLE. If he's that unstable, he shouldn't be posting on public forums where what he says can be criticized, and he should be seeking professional help. He's clearly mentally unstable and needs real help if what you said was true.

Regardless, music is art, and censoring art because you don't like the subject matter shouldn't be done.

キティ

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 24, 2009, 01:08:48 AM
Let people listen to whatever they want. Let people say whatever they want. As long as it's not physically hurting you either monetarily, or otherwise, you really have no right to stop them. If he's not going to fanime because of what I said...

Pyron Ikari I agree. this is the acclaimed "Land Of The Free" let people say what they want.

As I said people, It is MUSIC! not like it is directly plugged into your brain. if you do not like it DO NOT LISTEN TO IT! plus there is some good rap.

and one more thing PyronIkari, by being Vicious i mean that in a good way. its a good kind of stubbornness that holds up your opinions. i think thats what RadioActiveKittys posts lack.