Singles Event.

Started by Dolagunov, March 01, 2009, 11:29:32 PM

Dolagunov

Last year there was a workshop to help guys chat with girls. Really good idea. I wonder if there was a similar workshop but meant to help girls? Both genders are equally in need of such things.

Has there ever been a singles event at fanime? Like a little chaperoned speed dating event or a 21+ cocktail party? They always say it's good to find someone you have the same interests with. And so you would think Fanime would be a great place.

---Dolagunov.

Steve.Young

We've had quite a few threads already about this...

Let's just say, after much argument, it just won't work out logistically or liability wise.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

M

Quote from: Dolagunov on March 01, 2009, 11:29:32 PM
Last year there was a workshop to help guys chat with girls. Really good idea. I wonder if there was a similar workshop but meant to help girls? Both genders are equally in need of such things.

Has there ever been a singles event at fanime? Like a little chaperoned speed dating event or a 21+ cocktail party? They always say it's good to find someone you have the same interests with. And so you would think Fanime would be a great place.

---Dolagunov.
Elaborating on what Steve.Young said...

1) Logistically, it would be a nightmare. We would require even more staff and we would need to provide the space and whatever else.

2) The age demographics wouldn't fit with this event.

This has been pitched to FanimeCon in many ways (events, panels, etc.) and almost all have failed, unfortunately.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!